All Soldiers Stationed in Iraq are Missing

NickFun

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:24 am
Craven, I am not disputing normal policy. If that's mthe policy then fine. I have no argument with it. But every time I asked the question my posts have been removed without answer or explanation. You are the first to answer. Thank you.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:40 am
Nick,

It's a longstanding policy to direct such questions to the help desk. The reasons for that have been posted for a long time.

Just one of the many reasons the help desk is evident here, you are trying to get people riled up in a public confrontation with the moderators when you say "Are we going to sit idly by while the a2k Nazis have their way? We must face this head on!!! WHO'S WITH ME???".

That's not fair to them. Most of them operate anonymously and put a lot of time into helping the site run (I certainly don't do any moderating these days and I appreciate the work they do). It's not fair to try to force them to get into a public squabble with you over it.

The basics are pretty simple, users who own a site or have an affiliation with it aren't supposed to post their sites here. In the future I intend to release software (automatic spam filtering against a blacklist, user-control in marking posts as spam etc) that will allow us to loosen up on this policy but for now it is what it is.

And disputes with the Moderators should be handled in the help desk not across the boards. They aren't answering you here because they aren't supposed to (neither am I, but I prefer calling someone out on their overreactions than pulling the post).
0 Replies