Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:46 pm
I presently have Yahoo as my e-mail site. Their spam remover has been very good up to now. A few (at least 3) people have told me they have sent e-mails - but my Inmail list does not show them. I feel they may have been removed. The problem is that the site gives no information as to checking for mail that may have been removed. ALSO, if it has been removed - how does one go about retrieving the mail? ALSO, what can I do to ensure that mail from these sources will not be removed the next time?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 829 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:39 pm
It should have a box called "Spam". you can select a message and click 'not spam' and it should stop putting your wanted messages in there.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 07:03 am
In Yahoo: Options>Mail>Spam Protection

Under the Spam Filter section, be sure to check For messages SpamGuard Plus identifies as Spam:

Save these messages in the Bulk Folder for

(there's a drop down menu, so select 1 week, 2 weeks or 1 month)

and NOT For messages SpamGuard Plus identifies as Spam:

Immediately delete these messages upon receipt. (Note: If you choose this option, you will not be able to review the messages before they are deleted.)

Then click Save Changes.
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 04:38 pm
Jespah:
Thanks for your reply. It sounds like a great routine, and I intend to do it. I gather from your reply however, that you are referring to the future, because nothing can be done for the present. In other words, I would like to get back those deleted messages already sent. If I don't, the spam filter will keep deleting them. One of the previous senders said he would send another, but it hasn't shown up - so I assume I will not get any more messages from his e-mail address. Also: unfortunately, Yahoo's spam filter is pretty simple, and simply not as good as yours.
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 08:22 pm
Wilso:
Thanks for your reply. I didn't see it the first time I looked for replies. Someone else mentioned something similar, which is a feature of "Hot Mail." Jespah also mentioned some features - but Yahoo is a very simple operation. I think it's time for me to move to another e-mail site. Thanks again.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 04:35 am
Woollcott wrote:
Jespah:
..., I would like to get back those deleted messages already sent. ....

Ask the sender to resend them, and add their address to your address list while you're at it. Before, though, make sure you've changed the settings as I've specified. Otherwise things may be deleted again.
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:27 pm
Jespah:
I went back over your instructions (and have had some advice from friends since) and I think your advice applies to another e-mail service. If it applies to Yahoo, I would like to ask a big favor: that you do it again, but this time as if you were instructing a 10-year-old. In other words don't assume that I know anything about computers - or even about e-mail. I did go into "Spam," and the screen showed my first 20 blocked spams. This was the first full page of them - but it would not let me see any more.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 08:42 am
I have Yahoo and I gave you the directions I myself followed. Smile

I don't know what you mean when you said you "went into spam" -- was that the bulk folder? Was it under options?

I understand if you want me to simplify things (and I don't have a lot of time these days so responses are, I'm sorry, going to be few and far between), but you need to meet me halfway, or at least try to.

So -- what is the name of the folder you're in when you say you "went into spam"? In Yahoo it will say, towards the top and over to the left, Inbox or whatever the name of the folder is. If you're not in a folder, e. g. if you've clicked under Options, it will say Mail Options. I'm sorry but I will not post pictures as email has got too many private things on it so it would be a lot of work to black them all out.

One thing, have you tried this link:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:12 pm
Jespah:
I was in my Inbox, which has "buttons" across the top, one of which is "Spam." If the recipient feels the e-mail is spam (or for any reason wishes to "trash" that message, he clicks the box next to the message and a check appears. Then he clicks on the Spam box at the top and the message goes somewhere (I imagine the "Spam file"). I actually found a partial list of all those "Spam messages" (actually it was the first page only). I was unable to go to the next page.
At the beginning I had hoped to find the "lost e-mails" if they were, in fact, in that Spam file. I had hoped there might be an "undo" button.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:06 am
Ah. There is no spam file. It's a bulk folder, or you may be set for the spam to go straight into your trash folder or even for it to be permanently deleted when you click "spam". That might be a part of the problem.

The directions I've already posted should address this or at least you will know how your system is configured --

In Yahoo: Options>Mail>Spam Protection Under the [b]Spam Filter[/b] section, be sure to check[b] For messages SpamGuard Plus identifies as Spam: Save these messages in the Bulk Folder for[/b] (there's a drop down menu, so select 1 week, 2 weeks or 1 month) and [color=red][b]NOT[/b][/color] For messages SpamGuard Plus identifies as Spam: Immediately delete these messages upon receipt. ([b][color=red]Note: If you choose this option, you will not be able to review the messages before they are deleted[/color][/b].) Then click [b]Save Changes[/b].
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:42 am
When you go into the bulk folder, the "Spam" button becomes a "Not Spam" button.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 03:56 am
Thanks for adding that, Wilso.
0 Replies