Big Break VII

RfromP

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:25 pm
Anyone watch the Big Break VII on the Golf Channel?

Tonight episode is called, "The harder they fall." That leads me to believe big Mike is the one headed off the show. It sounds like he's going to blow up big time too, hopefully not as bad as Mark did.

Usually the title of the show isn't that obviously foreshadowing. Last week's episode was called "4th down...goal to go" a football reference that I still don't see the connection to what happened in that show.

I hope big Mike isn't the one to go but I think at this point I'm rooting for Ashley because the most of the men (not all) were kinda condescending to the women, some more obvious than the others.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 680 • Replies: 3
No top replies

RfromP

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 09:32 pm
Well I thought maybe the title of the show was a feint because even though he was behind, Mike started coming back but it turns out he was indeed eliminated.

It was kind of obvious because during the episode when the players were commenting on their performance during the elimination, Mike was wearing the same sweaty shirt that he played in and Ashley was wearing a different outfit. The producers could have had him shower and change to make it less apparent.

Tommy vs. Ashley. I'm still rooting for her to take it but Tommy is playing exceptionally well and momentum is on his side. Can't wait for next week!
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 11:11 am
Wow! Featured Post. Cool. Too bad no one else seems to be watching the show. The show is not really all about golf, it's the personalities of the contestants and drama of the competition that makes it worth watching.

The contestants include Mom's, Dad's, older people, younger people, a single Mom, a guy who works at Sam's Club, an Italian guy and a hippe chick, to name a few just to give you an idea of the diversity of the players. They all get along and are supportive of each other although occasionally personalities conflict but it isn't all hyped up for cheap ratings like some other reality shows.

If you're looking for a reality show without the backstabbing, lying and general meanness that seems to be prevalent on most reality shows, then this one is for you. It's a fun watch.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 09:12 pm
Final show titles "Redemption at Reunion." Not much of a clue there, it could go either way.

So far Tommy has the momentum. Tommy's eagle on the first hole rattled Ashley pretty bad. She overthinking and is playing based off of what Tommy does instead of playing her game.

I don't understand why she let Tommy pick up his ball to win the 2nd hole instead of finishing it out. They're playing match play and Tommy's shot was no gimme. She could have chipped in to at least tie and neither would win the hole. That was a bad move.

Tommy made a good point. He said "The harder you try in this game , the worse you hit." Anyone who plays knows how true that is. He is really focused and hitting some great shots whereas Ash is off to a real bad start.

She did it again on 4. She let him pick up his ball. His putt looked easy but having been on the Big Break twice, Ash has seen putts from two feet missed. I think she's making a big mistake.

Wow, Ash hit a fantastic 2nd shot on 5 and can win the hole if she makes the putt. Darn, she missed the easy putt. Tommy still up by 2.

Ashley misses her two footer and Tommy makes his for the win. Good for him, he seems like a really good guy.

Looking forward to The Big Break VIII in the fall!!
0 Replies