All Three Law & Order Shows to Remain On TV

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:58 am
I think that I want to stand up and cheer. For awhile, I thought that the original L&O was not going to be renewed because of diminished ratings. It seems though, that a deal has been worked out to keep all three shows on the air.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/05/law_order_shake.html

Dick Wolf is hell bent on L&O (original) beating Gunsmoke's record (20 years) I think that he has three to go.

Something definitely was lost when Jerry Ohrbach left the show. If you remember, there was supposed to be yet another spinoff with Jerry in it, but it was cancelled after a few episodes when he passed away.

I really liked Chris Noth when he was on the original L&O. Not so much on "Criminal Intent". I wish that his dyed hair was not so obvious.

Do you watch all or any of the L&Os? Which do you like the best of the three? Which characters do you particularly like? Dislike?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,396 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:04 am
I like the original, but rarely watch it. My favorite at the moment is Criminal Intent. I think the lead characters (both sets) are interesting and have a good dynamic. I least like SVU. I watched it for a while, but got tired of it.

You're right, Phoenix. The original without Jerry Orbach just isn't the same. That show has survived more characters changes than most ever could.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:22 am
I like them all and watch each intermittently. My main complaint about all of them is the way they take a social point and hit you over the head with it. They use to be far more subtle. Plain "Law and Order" is the least guilty and "SVU' the most.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:30 am
I watched Law and Order, most of the first season, then tired of it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:33 am
The woman who took over Jerry Orbach's part on L&O has the personality of a wet fish. I find D'Onofrio's "shticks" on C.I. becoming very old. His partner, Kathryn Erbe, is the closest thing to a non-entity that I have seen. When she was pregnant, a redhead, whose name I can't remember, took over, and put some sparkle into the part.

I love the characters on SVU. They play off one another beautifully.

flyboy- I agree that sometimes the plot themes are rather heavy handed.

One thing I must say, though. Although I have criticisms, I am "hooked" on all three of them. When I need to relax, I look for a L&O, (of any variety) on the tube. They are around so much that you can usually find one or another at any particular time.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:52 pm
Hmm... law and order...

Am I missing out?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:05 pm
What about Special Victims Unit?

Benson and Stabler....one of the great teams of all time.
0 Replies

mcho2k

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 09:31 am
I love Law & Order, all of them, but am glad Trial by Jury was cancelled. I think I like SVU the best because I love the cast the most. But as one already mentioned, I just flip through looking for any L&O that might be on.
0 Replies

good2know

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 01:44 pm
I love the SVU series. Sooo good. I have a crush on Detective Elliot Stabler.
0 Replies

mcho2k

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 03:27 pm
good2know wrote:
I love the SVU series. Sooo good. I have a crush on Detective Elliot Stabler.

Mee tooo..! I also think Benjamin Bratt is a hunk but I don't think he's on the series anymore...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 03:38 pm
Benjamin Bratt was on the orignal L&O. He had the part of 2nd detective, the part now held by Jesse Martin. Actually, I never liked Bratt. He had a way of raising his inflections at the end of a sentence that I found quite annoying. Now Jesse Martin.......He's a hunk!
0 Replies