dinosaurs and petroglyphs

DrewDad

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 12:18 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Thanks, but don't hold your breath waiting for any sort of rational responses from any of these guys. Argument by ridicule is pretty much their entire stock in trade.

gungasnake wrote:
Have you considered entering that kid in your avatar in the contest?

http://www.uglybabycontest.com/

Christ. You didn't even wait for a new page.

Did you have to aim to shoot yourself in the foot like that?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 01:19 pm
Like what?

How has gunga aimed to shoot himself in the foot?

I hope it isn't simply because someone claimed he had. I could claim that your noggin had fallen off and rolled out of the door. Or are you the only one allowed to make such unsubstianted claims?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 02:31 pm
On this thread, to accurately measure ridicule, I must remind gunga that it was he who first attempted ridicule as a debtae trick. If you would be morecivilized at the outset gunga, maybe folks wouldnt respond so negatively towards your posts. You are always the one who begins with ridicule. (Besides t5he fact that you sound rather closed minded and are quite unable to craft a reasonable argument about this stuff)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 02:34 pm
Quote:
How has gunga aimed to shoot himself in the foot?
The point is that He doesnt aim, his foot shots are quite the product of ignorance, whereas your foot shots have some evidence of once having been to school where foot shooting has been a required course.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 03:29 pm
Well fm-

I just thought gunga made a case of some sort for that extinction thing. Maybe it could have been undermined by proper argument. I don't know. I didn't study it closely. It was a reasonable debate kick-off point.

Some people seem to think they can undermine it using empty plastic bags which is what assertions are whether insulting or not.

I'm interested in your drawing my attention to where I have given you cause to suggest that I shoot myself in the foot. For the purpose of taking avoidance action in future of course.

Otherwise I am forced to conclude that that is an assertion too.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:02 pm
gunga's case was pointed out to be false by references to the science performed by those that actually dealt with the bone. To claim that no one bothered to refute his idiotic statements is to ignore all arguments that were put forward.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 05:05 pm
parados wrote:
To claim that no one bothered to refute his idiotic statements is to ignore all arguments that were put forward.

I assert that you've made an assertion.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 05:33 pm
And I assert that we are being attacked by aliens and if we don't put all our faith in scientists we have phewking had it.

Or I could assert that there are no aliens stupid and that any funds designated to fighting them off are being squandered when they could be used for useful purposes such as reducing the price of beer which is astronomical and a disgrace to our economic experts who ought to be so ashamed of themselves that they daren't look into a mirror.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 03:10 pm
You just did. What's on tap?
0 Replies