dinosaurs and petroglyphs

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:31 pm
Well, I think, there weren't enough beta-testers to get this idea.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:37 pm
Quote:
Now, if you DON't believe in continent-wide catastrophes within the age of man on the Earth, then about the only other thing which could theoretically cause the extinction of entire animal populations off of a continent the size of North America is man.
. I love how you conflate the possibilities of EVIDENCED CONTINENTAL CATASTROPHES, like Yellowstone Volcanism , or the Chesapeake Bay Bolide, or Pleistocene Glaciation. However, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE ANYWHERE FOR A WORLD WIDE FLOOD. No matter how hard you Creationists whine and bleat,it aint there. show us the evidence genius.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:58 pm
The whole 'mixing science with creationism' ordeal is really tiresome,
it is as futile as disproving god using scientific arguments.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 05:35 pm
What have you got against being futile?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 06:30 pm
Koolwhip, is there a handcuff on your wrist?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 08:50 pm
Articles call it "soft tissue"; me, I'm willing to believe my eyes and call it "meat":

http://pharyngula.org/images/trex_endosteal_tissue.jpg

It comes from inside a tyrannosaur bone, and bones being less than totally solid, it is obvious enough that the bone in question is not millions of years old.

Interested viewers are invited to do their own google searches on the three words, tyrannosaur, soft, and tissue.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 09:20 pm
In your way of thinking, gunga, what are we supposed to be seeing during that search?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 09:27 pm
littlek wrote:
In your way of thinking, gunga, what are we supposed to be seeing during that search?

If you want to ask somebody what or how to think you should be talking to "farmerman' and his little cohort of correct-science apologists. I'm willing to tell people how to find information for themselves and they can make whatever they want of it when they find it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:10 am
Boy, I can really feel all the love from gungasnake. Very Happy Why is he dismissive of standard science? Hell, in the last week alone I introduced him to a new word that he has , since, tried to argue its meaning .
Oh well, all I can do is sit back and observe his attempts at communication.
Quote:
If you want to ask somebody what or how to think you should be talking to "farmerman' and his little cohort of correct-science apologists. I'm willing to tell people how to find information for themselves and they can make whatever they want of it when they find it.

Every time you present some of your nonsesne , I believe I always share resources or links. You just wallow in Creationist "spin techniwues" to attempt to make it appear otherwise. In the last discourse about "the p-38 in Greenland, wasnt I the first one to give you definitions from AGI orRich ALleys book The Two Mile Time Machine.Without trying hard, I find that you are a funny, but quite an insecure man.
Y
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:38 am
What gunga needs to do is to try to establish a new paradigm that scientifically chalenges science. However, his side will NEVER engage in doing any similar resreach that Dr SChweitzer has done with the T Rex that contains the soft tissue. It must be remembred that the soft tissue discovery was after the "MATRIX" had been dissolved away to reveal the pieces of 2 mm by 2 mm remnant tissue. I believe she used an HF solution to remove any silicate minerals. Its a standard technique .Heres the most recent abstract concerning the reerach into this material. I think that , by exposing the T-Rex material to the eyes of many scientists, and techniques, will provide a more valid explanation of its significance and type of fossilization that were dealing with, rather than the "Answers in Genesis" approach, which is to ignore the data, immediately jump to a conclusion that this "proves" that the Cretaceous was merely a few hundred years ago and all the other support science is in error. DUHHHH.
Quote:
DOI: 10.1126/science.1138709

Reports
Analyses of Soft Tissue from Tyrannosaurus rex Suggest the Presence of Protein

Mary Higby Schweitzer,1,2,3* Zhiyong Suo,4 Recep Avci,4 John M. Asara,5,6 Mark A. Allen,7 Fernando Teran Arce,4,8 John R. Horner3

We performed multiple analyses of Tyrannosaurus rex (specimen MOR 1125) fibrous cortical and medullary tissues remaining after demineralization. The results indicate that collagen I, the main organic component of bone, has been preserved in low concentrations in these tissues. The findings were independently confirmed by mass spectrometry. We propose a possible chemical pathway that may contribute to this preservation. The presence of endogenous protein in dinosaur bone may validate hypotheses about evolutionary relationships, rates, and patterns of molecular change and degradation, as well as the chemical stability of molecules over time.

1 Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA.
2 North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA.
3 Museum of the Rockies, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA.
4 Image and Chemical Analysis Laboratory Facility, Department of Physics, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA.
5 Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA.
6 Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA.
7 Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA.
8 Center for Nanomedicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 06:35 am
I heard an interview of the scientists talking about sequencing the portions of DNA they recovered from that bone on NPR.

A quick use of "the google" found it here
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9568548
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 06:37 am
I think that petroglyph looks like the drawing of a dog with its hair raised as done by a 5 year old.

The amazing part of this drawing is it was done on a prehistoric refrigerator.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:26 am
Have you considered entering that kid in your avatar in the contest?

http://www.uglybabycontest.com/
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 08:21 am
gungasnake wrote:
littlek wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA! Hooo, that's funny.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 09:13 am
gungasnake wrote:
Have you considered entering that kid in your avatar in the contest?

http://www.uglybabycontest.com/

Here's a Petroglyph for A2K:
Snake speak with forked tongue. Get no respect. Have bad attitude.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 09:34 am
You make it sound like I started it....

I basically just posted an interesting sort of a scientific observation and whenever anybody does that on this forum or most others, there'll be some sort of a little gaggle of four or five losers who figure they can put the kibosh on anything they don't like seeing by turning the thread into an insult and ridicule fest. I was simply trying to humor them.

Somebody trying to learn thing would do better to read the original post and check out the sources and simply ignore pages 2, 3, 4, 5......
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:00 am
gungasnake wrote:
Somebody trying to learn thing would do better to read the original post and check out the sources and simply ignore pages 2, 3, 4, 5......

So what you're basically saying is "believe what I tell ya and don't ask any questions". That's not likely to happen here on A2K.

If your view can't withstand honest scrutiny, much less the light of day, then it's better off being left under the rock where you found it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:46 am
rosborne979 wrote:

So what you're basically saying is "believe what I tell ya and don't ask any questions".

That's not what I'm telling you; that's what "farmerman" is telling you.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 11:18 am
I'm wondering why ros has not yet explained his remark-

Quote:
A deeply flawed methodical demolition of the overkill hypothesis.

as a response to gunga's post 2641020.

He has been asked what he meant by "deeply flawed" which, as it stands, is meaningless and thus trolling.

I cannot see that the post was "deeply flawed" just because ros said it was. And one wonders why no-one else has taken it upon themselves to explain it either preferring ignorant bluster instead.

gunga's post deserves to stand until someone does explain the flaws in it.

Blurted raspberries are only suitable in girl's playgrounds.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 12:00 pm
Thanks, but don't hold your breath waiting for any sort of rational responses from any of these guys. Argument by ridicule is pretty much their entire stock in trade.
0 Replies