I'm thinking of going to Costa Rica this November...

Mame

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:43 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. This is what my sister remembers - any updates or conflicts on what she's said?

"Costa Rica is just beautiful - November should be a fine time to go. San Jose is in the mountains and is 75 every day and 55 every night - lots to do there. The west coast has a beautiful area call Quepos - there is a huge national park and lots of small hotels to stay in - lots of beautiful beaches and great to walk around in. It can be very hot and humid. The east coast is also warm - Limon. We didn't make it over there but should have. There are tons of eco things to do - visit a butterfly farm - do white water rafting - hike in the rain forest. It's not cheap cheap, but reasonable and very beautiful. The food is so-so - seafood is best most likely. Although pay attention to cholera warnings - especially if you're having ceviche, which you should if there are no warnings in effect.

It's been a very long time since we were there and it's a very good idea to get yourself a book - lots has changed.

Internal flights were very reasonable when we were there and much better to fly to somewhere like Quepos from San Jose than take the bus, which is absolutely tortuous. 20 minute flight vs 4 hour bumpy and dusty bus ride."

I would really like to take my kids and their spouses and maybe rent a condo for a couple of weeks.

I'll be coming out of a 5-month cooking job in a mining camp and will want to soak up a completely different ambiance and experience.

I will only be online until May 26th, so will check back before then.

If you don't check here until afater that, thank you - I appreciate all the information and assistance.

Can't wait to plan this trip, even if I have to go alone Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 06:33 am
Pretty much spot on. Quepos is where Manuel Antonio (which I recommended) is located by the way.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:43 pm
Thank you, Craven. When I get back to civilization, I'll print this off again and if anyone's into meeting up down there, we can sort something out. In the meantime, thanks to everyone for all their advice.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 11:56 pm
I might want the bus ride, one way. But then I'm odd. Also you are probably on a timed schedule, so ne'er mind.
0 Replies