Beer, Pizza and Baseball

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 02:01 pm
My favorite announcers are Jerry and Don (for the Red Sox of course). They make me laugh at every game - here is a funny video and my favorite announcers....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pizza+red+sox2&search=Search
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,942 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Stormwatch

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 02:14 pm
Beer, pizza and baseball at Fenway. There's not much in life better than that!

I love Jerry and Don too...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 02:20 pm
I do agree with them though - I would never throw the pizza at how much the food prices are at Fenway!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:50 pm
If they start selling sushi in the stands (possible for next year), do you think a small eel missile is in our future?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:16 pm
They sell sushi at Sonics games. It isn't right at a basketball game, and it would be criminal at a baseball game.
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:17 pm
If sushi is to be sold in honor of Dice-K, shouldn't there be a menu from the Dominican Republic too?

Is this going to be the end of the Fenway Frank? Shocked
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 03:37 am
It'll just be offered with wasabi and adobo sauce. Which I suppose will increase business at Mass. General. Confused
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 05:30 am
Maybe it will clear a few seats out in the park for the rest of us.

I don't think I want to be sitting next to the guy who has had several beers and a hot dog with adobo sauce! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 05:45 am

still trying to figure out why that guy would wanna waste a perfectly good $10 slice of pizza...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 08:12 am
Story I've heard is that the guy he threw it at had been talking sh!t about how stupid it is to eat pizza at a baseball game.

So there's that.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 11:46 am
patiodog wrote:
They sell sushi at Sonics games. It isn't right at a basketball game, and it would be criminal at a baseball game.

And at the Mariners! I went a couple of years ago when visiting family - we got the Ichiro Roll (or something like that)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 11:47 am
patiodog wrote:
Story I've heard is that the guy he threw it at had been talking sh!t about how stupid it is to eat pizza at a baseball game.

So there's that.

Well that's logical.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 11:52 am
Linkat wrote:
patiodog wrote:

And at the Mariners! I went a couple of years ago when visiting family - we got the Ichiro Roll (or something like that)

I only went and saw the Marys at the Safe (Safeco Field) once. We had what should have been pretty decent seats down the left field line, but the damn seats didn't orient you toward the field of play. Instead, they sat you facing squarely toward the big screen and all the advertising in center field. Lame.

Miller Field in Milwaukee I like a lot. Nice park, cheap seats are good seats (especially the outfield bleachers on a weekday day game), no fru-fru. And since it's Miller Field -- no microbrews.

Good place for baseball.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 11:59 am

any more wall-bangers?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 12:20 pm
Never heard of it.

But, then, I only buy from the beer and peanut guys when they come around.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 12:24 pm

"Harvey's Wall Bangers"
Quote:
1982 started off slow for Milwaukee with a 23-24 mark and manger Buck Rogers was replaced by Harvey Kuenn. "Harvey's Wall Bangers" caught fire as they won 72 of their final 115 games and overtook Baltimore on the season's final day to make the ALCS. Milwaukee fell 2-0 down in the best of five series to California before rallying to win three straight games at home, winning their first AL pennant. Milwaukee lost the 7-game World Series to St. Louis.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 12:27 pm
patiodog wrote:
Never heard of it.

Can't at Friendly Fenway (unless they recently changed that) - no beer guy - you need to go to the consession stands to purchase.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 02:10 pm
Linkat wrote:
patiodog wrote:
Never heard of it.

Can't at Friendly Fenway (unless they recently changed that) - no beer guy - you need to go to the consession stands to purchase.

...and if you want to get two, first take out a second mortgage...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:21 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
"Harvey's Wall Bangers"
Quote:
1982 started off slow for Milwaukee with a 23-24 mark and manger Buck Rogers was replaced by Harvey Kuenn. "Harvey's Wall Bangers" caught fire as they won 72 of their final 115 games and overtook Baltimore on the season's final day to make the ALCS. Milwaukee fell 2-0 down in the best of five series to California before rallying to win three straight games at home, winning their first AL pennant. Milwaukee lost the 7-game World Series to St. Louis.

Man, I knew who Harvey's Wallbangers were. I figured you were talking about something named after them -- it being Wisconsin, perhaps a meat on a stick, or an at-your-seat buffet.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:22 pm
Linkat wrote:
patiodog wrote:
Never heard of it.

Boo! Boooooo!

(and I was booing out loud as I typed those)
0 Replies