do you try to drink lots of water?

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 02:24 pm
I'm trying to drink more and more but it gets kind of old all day every day. My friend recently gave me some Aquafina Alive - it's flavored (this one was peach/mango) and it was really good - I guess it has some added vitamins, etc. that make it even better for you. Works for me. Anyone else tried it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,669 • Replies: 16
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 06:47 pm
No. I drink when I'm thursty. The exception is when I'm involved in some kind of exercise in the heat. You can dehydrate long before the thrust mechanism catches up.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 06:50 pm
most of the time vitamins just get eliminated through urination. I hate spending money on designer water where I pay an absurd amount form something that will just end up in toilet. I prefer to plan ahead and take filtered water with me. I can always add a tiny bit of flavoring of my own. Hmm .....rum flavoring wouldn't be bad.... Very Happy
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 06:53 pm
I drink a gallon a day, straight from the gallon bottle.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 06:56 pm
(revised from previous entry...missed the timing:)

What I do personally is take 100% cranberry juice (not Cranberry cocktail) or 100% Cran-Raspberry juice..and add it to sparkling water. I mix it 50-50 or 75% sparkling water. It makes a nice thirst-quencher and is economical and not high calorie.

Nearly all of the time vitamin (added) drinks just get eliminated through urination. I hate spending money on designer water where I pay an absurd amount from something that will just end up in toilet. I prefer to plan ahead and take filtered water with me. I can always add a tiny bit of flavoring of my own. Hmm .....rum flavoring wouldn't be bad.... Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:01 pm
If water is boring you eat fruit.

Also, adding a magnesium supplement will decrease the amount you need to drink as water is more easily absorbed.
WWW.endura.com.au is what I use when I am pruning.
0 Replies

newsn01

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 04:27 am
i like to drink water~
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 05:00 am
I add some lemon flavored Crystal Light powder to my water. Keeps it from getting boring.

(One of these days, I will probably croak from aspertame poisoning! Laughing )
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 05:24 am
I try to drink lots of water but I tend to end up weeing all day which is really annoying.
As I am sat here at work I hve a 1.5L bottle of water to sip on throughout the day, also have one handy at home when Im lazing about.

I swear I dont drink enough water, I feel so dehydrated sometimes at night but darnt drink as my bladder fills up real easy and then I cant get to sleep!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 05:28 am
Funny about water. I had been out all day, and did not have water with me. I was indoors, in a mall, but was doing a lot of fast walking. I also had a number of other errands to do on my way home. All of a sudden I felt very tired and somewhat spacey, and slightly nauseated. When I got home, I drank a huge glass of water. Within minutes, I felt better.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:57 am
Years ago I swear I hardly ever drank anuthing and I felt alot better than i do now!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:27 am
material girl wrote:
Years ago I swear I hardly ever drank anuthing and I felt alot better than i do now!

..and you feel that has to do with drinking MORE water?!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 02:56 pm
I love water. I carry a large bottle with me wherever I go. Plain water. If I don't have it around, I get headaches and feel crappy. I drink more in the summer. And it's useful for when I'm hungry and can't stop to eat, drinking water keeps you going.
Other drinks aren't always good for you and cost alot. Yes, I do drink coffee in the morning and sometimes one soda or an ice tea (my favorite) in the afternoon. But otherwise it's water and more water.
Yep I pee alot. But I'm okay with that.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 03:14 pm
I'm with Caribou, I drink lot of water, plain water, and also mineral water -
don't like the flavored kind. Once in a while a coke, but mainly water.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 03:31 pm
I'm with Caribou and Calamity (I also drink a bunch of mineral water, probably more than regular water), and dadpad's info about the magnesium is interesting. I looked up the mineral contents of the mineral waters I drink a while back, but lost the data with a recent computer meltdown.

Sometimes I vary things by squeezing lime or lemon or oranges into the water.

I've got some good teas hanging around in my cabinet... I should start making homemade iced tea again (no additive crappo). Most bottled or canned drinks are just too sweet for my taste, but I'll have a coke once in a blue moon.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 04:12 pm
Mmmmm, home brewed ice tea....

Yeah, I rarely drink bottled ice tea... too sweet.
I don't think I ever tried mineral water.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 04:17 pm
They all taste different from each other to me, and well they should as their minerals vary. I tend to buy whatever one is lower priced that week.. Gerolsteiner, Pellegrino, Apollonaris, Perrier (not the flavored ones), kept in refrigerator and poured over ice cubes, me being an ice cube fan.
0 Replies