TELL 5 INTERESTING/SURPRISING THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF!

seaglass

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 09:45 pm
I wonder if it hurt?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 09:51 pm
I don't think he did it right.

Somebody, give Ellpus a proper lay.

seaglass-- I have some things in common with you. Solidarity and empathy re the recoverer.

And, you kick ass on most of the rest!!!
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:06 pm
Aloha Sistah.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:12 pm
I'd suggest moving on. This is all very braggy, and as embarrassed as I am to put it here, I can't stop myself. The best I can do is make it small and warn you.

[size=7]I'm horrible to do this, but I am anyway, so stop now if you don't want to see a truly horrific display: 1) I made the National Dean's List 2) I have a letter of recommendation from the Head of the Political Science Department (in a very tiny, infintessimal Junior college in the middle of a cow pasture) that says I am the most "astute student [he] has ever taught in [his] 15 year academic career (Yes, dys, I'll bring it...hehehe) Won Political Science Award (he "created" it for me.) 3) Just received an invitation into the Honors Program of a FL university, and an opportunity to compete for a semester in Oxford (laughing my ass of at imagined reception to these tidbits, this is NOT material for the faint of heart, especially on the liberal side of the spectrum here...hehe) 4) Was invited to join Phi Theta Kappa, and selected as one of two students to apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship at my school. The other was a cow, though. 5. I realize I am old and should be doing this well, but I can't help, but to be excited as all hell. Oxford? <Cheshire cat has nothing on me> Wooo-hoooo! I feel the Mary Tyler Moore theme song brimming...[/size]

How will you make it on your own.....?
This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have the town, why don't you take it
You might just make it after all
You might just make it after all

Very Happy
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:36 pm
I swan Lash I think you have earned your big girl panties.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:42 pm
Weeeee!!!

It's crazy. I feel like I'm walking around in somebody else's life....

Eh.

I'm strapped in!!
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:18 pm
1. In highschool, and for a few years afterward, I was constantly being told that I looked like Jon Bon Jovi...this was a very good thing/this was a very bad thing.

2. I've never done any "real" drugs.

3. In 8th grade I scored {on some standardized BS test?} in the top three percentile across the board....this changed the outlook of every teacher I had from...That sweet quiet little boy that daydreams too much....to...That little asshole.

4. I have met Dick Dale {surf guitarist}, and David Limbaugh {Rush's brother}

5. Out of 128 kids to graduate, I was 126th.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:21 pm
Lash - that is great news!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 01:20 am
1. I pulled ex-President Vaclav Havel (before he was president) out of the bushes, drunk and singin at top of his voice at 5 am in the morning. I was 12.

2. I do a little bit of everything - box, tap dance, modern dance, paint, ride horses, run, road bike (racing), but...

3. I cannot play tennis. I am too excited to learn. I just love smacking that ball upside the head and let it fly in every which direction.

4. I am in a drag queen musical. A lead slave I am.

5. I got all the way to my PhD (allllmost. it's within a reach!) without paying a cent for school.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 01:28 am
oh, and i tap danced for Shirley Temple. That has to count for something.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:21 am
Oh Dag,

I had a Shirley Temple doll when I was a little girl, that was until my mother ran over it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:36 pm
littlek wrote:
Lash - that is great news!

You are so sweet. Can I PM you for advice when I have to make decisions? I have a couple of people, who's insight I'd appreciate. Very Happy I'm not usually one to freak out, but when I think about it, I get butterflies! When I go, I'm stuck there for two years.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:55 pm
seaglass, why did your mother run over a shirley temple doll?

lash, where will you be stuck for two years?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 10:07 pm
I have to transfer to a university. I'm completely reliant on Financial Aid, so I'm scared to choose and when I do choose, I better choose well, because I'll be afraid to change in mid-stream--(due to funding and living considerations.)

I recently got an unsolicited offer, and it has muddied my decision-making process....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:34 am
Blame Nimh for my posting here.

1. Met King Olaf of Norway as a child.

2. Peed on a tree in front of Buckingham Palace.

3. Claustophobic (not really bad, but enough to be uncomfortable in tight spaces.)

4. I have 2 wonderful children

5. I still play Dungeons and Dragons with friends (since 1985)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:44 am
hmm lets see -

1) Not totally surprising , there are threads dedicated to her.. but I am a mother of a little girl. Who rules my world.. :-)

2)I was homeless for a few years

3) When I was in middle school I wanted to look like a boy to appear tough. .. .. so.. . ... I got a mullet.

4) I have a ghost in my house

5) I do all the basic work on my car. ( oil change, spark plugs, brake pads, things like that.. )
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:06 pm
McG--

1 and 2 are fabulous!!! Could you describe #1??

Shewolf has forgotten her extraordinary copyrighted word. I was positioning myself to steal it outright, until she slapped that injunction on it!!

Buh-gina. <borrowed briefly from shewolf>

<sigh>
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:14 pm
Lash, While living in Europe, my family was heavily into the Boy Scouts (I have 2 older brothers) and we went to the World Jamboree in Norway. My dad had a friend, who was friends with King Olaf so he invited us all over to meet the King while we were in the country. I was only 7 at the time, but he was a very nice man. I beleive we had sandwiches.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:19 pm
Unbelievable!! How did I not know you'd lived in Europe!??

Would you mind sharing where exactly, and why?

(Glad you did drop over!!) Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:29 pm
Stretch, lash, stretch.

Do it all.

~~~~~~

Congratulations - now keep on doing the good stuff.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 07:17:49