TELL 5 INTERESTING/SURPRISING THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF!

Misti26

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 07:23 pm
Cav, number 4 is spooky, would you like to tell us what happened?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 07:25 pm
Osso, my you are talented! I'm inviting all of you to my next party! What a group we have here!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 07:49 pm
#4 started with an all-day BBQ with a fair bit of beer, a drunken confession from my friend after everyone else had gone about how he had never got over his girlfriend's suicide, a bottle of champagne pilfered from his folks, and a Ouija board...
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 08:14 pm
Oh, those darn ouija boards, they do it every time!
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:14 pm
1. I am a direct descendent of an executed Salem "witch".

2. I was a pallbearer at the first seven funerals I attended. My motto was "Always a pallbearer, never a corpse".

3. Although I have a potentially career-ending incurable disease, I have taken only 7 sick days in 30 years.

4. I can ride a unicycle, but I can't juggle.

5. I have appeared on stage one time, in a play in high school. That was enough.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:26 pm
1. My High School sport was olympic walking. The guy who beat me in the Nationals became gold and silver medalist in Los Angeles '86 (actually other 5 guys beat me, I finished 7th).

2. I cook great pasta (or so they say).

3. I have ventured into a mall dressed and made up as a woman (in a dare) and passed very successfully.

4. For years, I was subscribed to Time, Newsweek, Business Week, and, once, to the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, and never paid a cent.

5. As of 2000, the intelligence services of Mexico had gathered 11 pages of information about my activities (I gathered them last year, under the newly approved Freedom of Information Act). None of the four former stores appeared on those pages.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 10:26 pm
Family legend says I'm related to the Clark half of Lewis & Clark.

I've been married to a cousin of MFK Fisher for twenty-seven years but neither of us are great cooks.

I was a go-go dancer and a reference librarian before I became a technical writer.

I used to hike alone in the tundra along the Arctic Ocean when I lived in Barrow, Alaska. I carried a 357 magnum for protection.

I was pregnant for five months before I realized it.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 11:07 pm
A few days after John Lennon was assassinated, I couldn't shake grieving for him and so I was 'visited' by him and, honestly, I don't believe in any of that sort of thing...but, it happened anyway;

No matter how many times I get hurt, I don't want to give up hope in humanity;

I have Jewish birthparents and was adopted by Christians; I identify very strongly as a Jew;

Although I'm not a terribly good cook, I bet I make the best fresh strawberry-rhubarb pie you've ever tasted;

It took me literally years to break free from a marriage in which I was the target of very scary domestic abuse.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 12:01 am
I think, Misti, that Jackie is not kidding about the kitten, and it wasn't her fault, and it would have been hard to get over. Hope you have had more kittens in your life, Jackie.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 12:16 am
1) I got two pervs arrested (indecent exposure) and sent to jail, so
1 1/2) I can attest and confirm that MS has more than its share of perverts per capita.
2) I was videotaped by MacCauley Culkin.
3) My Father-in Law argued a case before the Supreme Court--not a biggie.
4) I saved two people from choking.
5) I have an illness that has made me forget most everything else, and sometimes I can't remember the first part of the sentence I'm reading by the time I get to the last of it.
6) I saved two...oh. I said that already.
7) I have been really up close and personal to many people, who have killed other people.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 02:07 am
Vivien wrote:
I haven't done anything dramatic but I'll play anyway...

... 5 Family tradition has it that we are related to the artist Turner (my maiden name) - I have VERY carefully not researched this in order to keep my illusions!

Actually, you and I might be related - Turner is a name in my family as well.

Hmmm.

(1) I was President of my sorority and a finalist for a national award.
(2) I've had several careers (lawyer, auditor, database analyst) in the 15 or so years I've been in the regular work force. I'm nowhere near the traditional retirement age.
(3) My first job (other than babysitting) was to wear a sandwich board sign.
(4) Both of my elbows are double-jointed.
(5) In second grade, I taught myself how to do long division.

Oof, I don't love bragging.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 06:42 am
"In second grade, I taught myself how to do long division." That is really neat, jumps right out! Love it.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 06:45 am
I am a direct descendent of an executed Salem "witch". Which one, Grey? I am too!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 07:45 am
I was arrested once. While waiting to be processed I met a beautiful transvestite hooker who was one of the funniest, most engaging conversationalist I'm ever met. I was recognized while being led to the holding cell - someone shouted out my name and a greeting - I never ever found out who that was. For all I know, there still in jail some 20 years later.

When my siblings and I were kids our mom used to keep us in line by threating to run away with Ringo Starr.

The first fist-fight I ever got into was when some jackass told me that my brother wasn't my "real" brother. Truth is, he's my half brother but there was never ever in the history of the universe a realer brother than mine. That we ended up in the same family is my first evidence of karma. The evidence continues to build though, thankfully, the fist-fights have stopped.

A busboy named Wayne once read my tarot - this was way back when I was in high school. I can't remember his exact words but he told me something to the extent that I would attract mother-figures thoughout my life; women who would teach me very important lessons. I can readily tick off the names of these teachers - beginning with Glenda and continuing now with our very own Noddy. I'm convinced that one of these important women was really a ghost.

My parents insist that I was born knowing how to read.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 08:00 am
1. I am a trained glider pilot, though I havent flown one for almost 6 yrs now
2. Even though I have worked in a bank all my life and was recruited str8 out of college, I have no formal business/banking degree
3. Contrary to my image, and popular belief, I am an intensly private person
4. I used to sing on stage till smoking ruined my voice
5. I suffer from extreme bouts of low self esteem, and have seeked professional help in the past (not that that made any difference)
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 08:14 am
There are some really wonderful items on these lists. I think we should begin to think about a "top ten"!

The mom who threatens to run away with Ringo would be on my list...
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 08:16 am
Tartarin, Charles Lindberg taught you how to water-ski? That's impressive, even if it didn't work! Great lists -- here's mine:

* In one of those moods to get in the car and just drive, I did it. I made it almost to Utah before I thought I better turn around and head back to Tulsa. It was great -- my first time through the Rockies.

* In college, I had a vivid dream about a bomb going off in Oklahoma City about a month before it happened.

* I finally live in the neighborhood that I've always wanted to live in.

* At a dinner sponsored by an environmental group, my family and I sat with the president of PG&E (of Erin Brokovich fame).

* I like mowing my yard with my manual mower.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 08:25 am
1. i was arrested in Georgetown Colorado (population 300) for sledding thru town at a high rate of speed (reckless endangerment)
2. i was arrested in Kansas for driving a VW bus painted red/white/blue (defamation of the flag).
3. i was arrested in Missisiippi for riding in a car with a person of color after dark. 1967
4. king Ibn Saud (saudi arabia) gave me a tin of english toffee when i was a child.
5. i was locked in a room at the airport in Cairo Egypt during the military overthrow of King Farouk.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 08:37 am
Well, there's about five of the top ten right there!!
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 08:40 pm
Tartarin

My witch-great-grandmother was Anne Pudeater, not one of the famous ones. She was in the final group to be executed before sanity returned. I may have spelled the name wrong, I don't have my geneology at hand.

Which one was yours?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 12:01:50