Hidden Message

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:52 pm
thoh13 wrote:
i wish i were an astronomer so i could know whats wrong with the picture just by looking at it Confused

you give up easily Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:10 pm
i stared at the picture for a while and there's nohing glaring at me except the bright stars which cant be connected to make anything.....
theres so many faint stars you could connect them to say anything
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:13 pm
and i dont have photoshop either...
but im gonna say south for the big dipper picture...i see an arrow in the middle of the dipper pointing down.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:32 pm
Looks like PEACE

http://www.borge.diesal.de/a2k/mess.jpg
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:32 pm
Yay Jane you got it Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:33 pm
Without PS, I never could have read anything...
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:37 pm
Like I said, that one requires some kind of image manipulation to see...although, to be honest, I can read it in the original if I look closely in the right place:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3381/try2yk5.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:42 pm
I couldn't have.

On the second picture - is the word within the picture? I could make out
a map that looks like EUROPE. Is that it? No words spring out at all...
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:47 pm
For #2, there is a specific word hidden (which does not have to be guessed based on a concept or anything), but it is not readable like in #1
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:55 pm
Hm, I can't see anything, except a hand maybe.
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 11:16 pm
so is my answer right?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 11:24 pm
Quote:
Hm, I can't see anything, except a hand maybe.

Oh, I see a ghost!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4239/ghostzz8.jpg

Quote:
so is my answer right?

Nope, sorry, although you are on the right track. The arrow that you see just happens to be a regular dark patch in the image.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 11:35 pm
Here's a new one!

#4. Remember, each one is solved in a completely different way.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6767/headtm1.th.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:57 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Looks like PEACE

Thanks to CalamityJane posting the actual picture with the word I can locate the area in your picture but, I can't see any letters.

#3 I said magnetic north Confused (idiot emoticon)

I got to thinking when you said "true" and I wondered why I thought it was magnetic. I did not know there was "true" & "magnetic" north until I took a basic boating class.
I happened to run into one of the instructors today and I was telling him about this site, your picture, question and my answer. The instructor looked at me like this Confused and said "what do you have to do to chart a course?" You have to start with true north and then make the variation for magnetic north and account for any deviation, Why? He said think about it, is there some mysterious magnetic field up by the the Big Dipper and you are the only one aware of this? It made me laugh. At myself.
I will keep looking.
On #4 do you need photoshop?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:45 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
On #4 do you need photoshop?

Nope.

Re the difference between magnetic north and true north, they wouldn't call Polaris the north star if it was not approximately in agreement with the direction the compass pointed. This question is not too so specific that it really makes a difference! But as your professor pointed out, since it's an image of space, it has to be measured with respect to Earth and Polaris.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 09:19 am
Are you talking like NorthNorthWest. I think that is the term used?
I thought the North Star is approximately over true north but some degrees off.

I don't quite understand what you mean about what the teacher said. We didn't deal with space in class. I thought magnetic north has nothing to do with space. I thought it only dealt with land and aircraft navigation.

As far as true north and magnetic north and navigation it can make a big difference depending on your location. That is why the variation is
on the navigation charts.

If I am not right I have to re-read my book to refresh my memory.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 09:46 am
I thought that "magnetic north" was the direction the compass points, and "true north" was the direction of the projection of the north star (Polaris)
0 Replies

silverrain688

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:26 pm
hidden image?
Is this an image of either a dove or some other kind of bird? looking at it from far away i can kind of see an outline of a dove, but i'm not quite sure.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 03:30 pm
#1 CalamityJane got right with the word being peace.

#2 you said ghost
I see where you are talking about but, I would never have guessed it because it is a weird looking ghost imo (it is making me laugh)

#3 Compass direction? A compass points towards magnetic north.
The Big Dipper points north (slightly off true north) So, I don't know
what exactly you are looking for as an answer. sozobe and thoh said north and that is what I thought too but you said that is not the answer.

#4 looks like some sort of creature with 2 eyes flying straight right at you (like straight forwards) with it's arm out.

The pictures are still gorgeous though. Speaking of which........
Hey thoh, if you want to make that wish do it at the evil genie thread and I'll grant it for you if I am there Razz Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing (don't forget the evil twist though, thoh) Laughing Laughing

If I got any of the #s with the corresponding pictures mixed up can you please say so because I was having a hard time keeping track going back from page to page.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 03:40 pm
Re: hidden image?
silverrain688 wrote:
Is this an image of either a dove or some other kind of bird? looking at it from far away i can kind of see an outline of a dove, but i'm not quite sure.

If you are talking about the blue area from #4 I can picture that kinda but, then it also looks like a big hand with fingers encircling part of the blue area.
Know I think I am just starting to see things Laughing Laughing
I have to give my eyes a break.

stu505 these pictures are really pretty.

Edit: I said I was going to give my eyes a break but I looked at #4 again
and the blue area looks like a weird little ghost too. Now I am going to give
my eyes a break.
0 Replies