TTH

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 11:47 pm
Is it "image"?

It reallly is a gorgeous picture btw.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 11:52 pm
Hidden Message #1 (first image):
No, there is actually a hidden message. To solve this first riddle, make the message become visible and repost the image. If you find the message, you will know -- you won't have to ask if you got it right.

Hidden Message #2:

This one is a bit more tricky. The hidden message is a single word. Just say what the word is.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/170/rhomosaicmmmgfsphereyf1.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 12:09 am
Now I am confused because on the first one
I see it in different areas and I have no idea how to re-post it. I don't want to give it away so others can try.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 12:21 am
The word "image" does not appear anywhere in the image. This is a JPEG meaning it does not contain any animation, or funny stuff when you mouse over it or anything like that. If you see the word image appear and disappear, it's your internet browser doing it.

Also as a note, none of my riddles require looking for clues in the file itself...so for example, you could resave these as any kind of image file you want, and the riddle would still work.

Finally, none of the riddles can be solved the same way...all require completely different ways of thinking.

Hidden Message #3:
The hidden information in this image is a compass direction.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/4723/connmo4.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 12:28 am
stuh505 wrote:
The word "image" does not appear anywhere in the image. This is a JPEG meaning it does not contain any animation, or funny stuff when you mouse over it or anything like that. If you see the word image appear and disappear, it's your internet browser doing it.

That is what I was seeing then was the word, so it is my browser doing it.
This is the first time I have ever come across my browser doing that.

EDIT:
Just so you know I have been looking on and off I just haven't figured them out yet. I say "yet" because I have hope. I am going to need it too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 08:09 am
I can't see the top one all at once, too big.

Compass direction has to be North.

Working on the middle one.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 08:09 am
Eye?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:15 am
#3 I got North because it is the Big Dipper and the two stars of the bowl point North towards Polaris.

This is probably a dumb question but if those stars of the bowl point North (which will always be the case if I remember correctly) then which direction does the tail point? I have heard it is different based on seasons but, I can't find that in writing.

I still haven't been able to see #1 or #2 yet.

Edit:
sozobe if you have "eye" for #2 then you have good eyes because I have looked at that picture turning my head at different angles. I clicked on the picture to make it blue to see if I could see it and I even printed it both in black and white and color and I still don't see it.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:23 am
Before you spend too much time I should point out that for the first 2 challenges, you can't possibly solve them without Photoshop.

sozobe, nope it is not eye...how do you get this? You are on the right track about #3, but that is not the answer I'm looking for.

edit: I take it back, #1 can be solved without Photoshop...although that was not my intention when I made it! For #2 you definitely need Photoshop though...and that's the hardest one so far
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:26 am
I need photoshop to do #1 & #2. I can't then because I don't have
that. Thanks for mentioning that because my head hurts from turning. Laughing

Edit: I saw what you said about #1. Dang, I thought I could get out of it.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:30 am
Yeah, in #1 the message is supposed to be hidden such that you can't read it without doing certain things to the image, but actually I just realized that I can read it without doing anything to the image since I know where to look
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:33 am
Okay, since it won't print out right because of its size I will continue with
turning my head in circles to see if it helps. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:37 am
tryingtohelp, you have quite a talent for waiting until someone else has answered and then making it your own answer... I've noticed that before. Laughing Have you EVER answered one of these completely on your own, without co-opting someone else's answer or finding it through Google? Anyway.

Stuh, I got "eye" because I see one (can try to crop from the image to show you) and because the only letter I can really see is an "E" (with some stuff after it), thought it might be the word "eye."
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:52 am
sozobe wrote:
Stuh, I got "eye" because I see one (can try to crop from the image to show you) and because the only letter I can really see is an "E" (with some stuff after it), thought it might be the word "eye."

That's one of the reasons I wanted to use these beautiful photographs of space...because even if you don't find the secret, you're still looking at something amazing.

Hint: there is NO hidden message in the following image:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1012/nothingej3.th.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:20 am
sozobe yes I have. I have also used my dictionary and encyclopedia. I don't always have the same answer as others and I do get them wrong too. My German isn't very good but, I do try and use my german dictionary at times. Sometimes I just end up calling my mom and asking her since she speaks German.

On the riddle thread I try to always show my work but if someone has posted the answer and I don't know it I either don't post or if I am posting, I post I did not get the answer. There is one there now even. I brought it to show you.

I could not figure this one out and stormwatch
had already posted the answer.
I try not to use google too much unless I am looking for factual information. That is mainly because I basically suck at how I research through google. I still don't put the right words in and I get all sorts of pages that have nothing to do with what I am looking for. This especially applies to the riddles.

tryingtohelp wrote:
I could not figure this one out. Confused

Tryagain wrote:
T N

M N = Tiananmen Square

You had already posted you found "eye" for #2 and I posted I can't find the answer yet. I still haven't found it yet.

Edit: I also ask for help to figure some out. Mark, thoh, and Tryagain have all helped me to figure out some of the math ones when I don't understand.

On #3 if it is a compass direction are you looking for magnetic north or true north? I think it is considered magnetic north if I remember right or does it have something to do with the direction of the handle? I don't know what that is considered.

Edit: The pictures are amazing to look at. I like looking at the sky on a
clear night. I can usually see the Big Dipper but very rarely the Little One.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 12:45 pm
Quote:
On #3 if it is a compass direction are you looking for magnetic north or true north? I think it is considered magnetic north if I remember right or does it have something to do with the direction of the handle? I don't know what that is considered.

I am looking for a compass direction with respect to "true north"

And if you want to use information from other posters, or google, or whatever...thats fine by me. Its just a game
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 08:24 pm
i dont understand why it CANT be north since its the big dipper
the first direction that comes to mind when someone mentions the big dipper is north
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 08:28 pm
thoh13 wrote:
i dont understand why it CANT be north since its the big dipper
the first direction that comes to mind when someone mentions the big dipper is north

You could say that about any picture of the big dipper. But only this image has a hidden message about a particular direction, put there by myself.
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 08:38 pm
i wish i were an astronomer so i could know whats wrong with the picture just by looking at it Confused
0 Replies