I Have A Theory......

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 08:56 am
About why GWB and the war continues to be okay with a large majority of Americans and will continue to be defended and be okay regardless of what evidence turns up.

You know the theory about how middle aged men buy big toys and big cars to make up for their other inadequacies?

Well the USA over the years has become like that middle age man....not so virile anymore, soft in the middle, complacent, not as looked up to admired and lusted after as before.

BUT........we can still kick the **** out of most places especially if they are small and not so developed.

War is Americas middle age crisis sports car and trophy girlfriend, an outward demonstration that our collective dick is as big and as hard as it ever was, and our current entitled all my life middle age group of leaders are the perfect bunch for this type of demonstration.

Like the middle aged man with a red porsche and a cheap toupee, our current leaders seem to have missed the reality that rather than look young and virile again, we just look ridiculous and are the object of ridicule at the very least behind our backs. Embarrassed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,054 • Replies: 40
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:03 am
Good insight BPB
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:07 am
People in America have been moaning that it has gone soft and such as long as I can recall.

Isn't that why you guys did stuff like invade Cuba (using cat's-paws for most of it, for sure)?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:09 am
As good a theory as any others I've run across, Bear.

I have a minor correction type comment, though.

I don't think it is America or Americans who ought be singled out -- but rather a segment of America and Americans. I know I don't want to see us throw our weight around -- and I know many, many people who are as sickened by this macho bullshit as you and I are.

Dubya is very, very brave these days. He sure ain't gonna take no **** from these Eyerackies. "Bring 'em on!" he says.

He's the kind of American that fits your description.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:10 am
I think the real difference is just that you are the only super-power, for the moment - no heavy restraints.

And I find that scary.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:12 am
Has the American Government not just requested assistance with "peace-keeping" in Iraq? Because American troops are too few and not trained or suited for the task? Sounds like the Eyerackis are getting to him a bit.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:14 am
What is absolutely amazing is the blatant manner in which Bush's f*** ups are now being attributed to the CIA.

Me thinks CIA is not a kind of organization you would like to have as yr enemy !
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:15 am
BPB, I think you got something there; the American ethics has gone down the toilet, so more CEO's cheat and rob their companies, employees, and investors, to show that macho image at the expense of all of us schmuks. It's the "me" generation gone amuck. When our professional accountants become parties to fraud, our government lies and effects global chaos, and our president is the most dangerous man in this world, everything has gone downhill to the point of no return. The masses have lost the concept of ethics and humanity. c.i.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:43 am
I agree Frank and that's why I said a large majority of Americans...I know it's not everyone.....we just help foot the bill....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:46 am
maybe that's why we never see Dick Cheney....he's waiting for his hair plugs to grow in.....he'll appear one day with a full head of hair, and if anyone says"Hey! Didn't he used to be bald? "then Fox News will run 24/7 stories about how Dick Cheney has a luxurious head of thick hair has always had a thick head of hair, and in a couple of weeks everyone except liberal conspiracy theorists will believe it. Razz :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 10:03 am
BPB, Everybody will believe it except the small minority of us that seems to see the truth for what it really is. It's a frightening time. c.i.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 10:05 am
LOL BPB
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 10:07 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
maybe that's why we never see Dick Cheney....he's waiting for his hair plugs to grow in.....he'll appear one day with a full head of hair, and if anyone says"Hey! Didn't he used to be bald? "then Fox News will run 24/7 stories about how Dick Cheney has a luxurious head of thick hair has always had a thick head of hair, and in a couple of weeks everyone except liberal conspiracy theorists will believe it. Razz :wink:

Hey, Bear, if you were to be a hair donor for Cheney, it would be the right color for a man of his age.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 10:21 am
Where do i sign up to be a liberal conspiracy theorist?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 10:24 am
Sorry Frank, I'm holding on to all I got.......
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 10:12 am
The question will remain though;
is there anything "in" Cheney's head, not "on" it?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 10:18 am
Wink Cool Razz Shocked Very Happy Surprised :wink: Arrow Idea Question Question
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 05:16 am
I am also worry that USA may do some other demostration of their military power, & one of them may be expand again & we are south of them & we are vulnerable!! Confused

How possible is it that Bush gets the crazy idea of expanding to the south once again(I know it's not likely, but in my opinion there's a tiny possibility)? Confused
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 06:44 am
Instead of thinking that the US has got soft in its "dick", I prefer to assume that the rest of the world that has been under the custody of some superpower for centuries is successfully growing out of the immature past. "The world has changed" was a good phrase describing the post 9/11 international politics and it's changed not only in the sense that some elements, pressured by unilateral and intolerant superpower domination, went to extremes in the form of terrorism but in the sense of the augmentation of political weight of some other states upon international politics resulting from the enhancement of the economic capability compared with the superpower.
The US has not declined in its absolute power in terms of ecomomic capacity, but the didactic way it has ruled the world for more than a decade is outdated in a world which has more states than ever coming of age and demanding a say in the affairs around. Just as in a family, paternal rearings have to be abandoned when the children grow to be adults, the US should, as well, consider the way it relates to the rest of the world which now has more ammunition to stand up to the arbitrary authority.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 07:51 am
Hmmmm, BP.

Maybe thats why I feel totally screwed yet somehow so unsatisfied.
0 Replies