Zodiac

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 05:20 am
My wife and I both enjoyed this greatly. It was very entertaining. The violence wasn't excessive considering the subject matter, but if violence bothers you, remember that this isn't "Mary Poppins." Anyway, I thought this was very well done and would recommend it to anyone who likes crime drama.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,732 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 06:35 am
I have it on my list of DVD's when it's released and thanks for the recommendation. The critics I usually agree with liked the movie and ever since "October Sky," I've liked Jake's peformances (well, he was also the kid in "City Slickers"), not to mention the entire cast is impressive. I remember the news at the time it happened, actually being in SF several times while this was all a case in (no) progress.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 06:48 am
Is it anything like The Black Dahlia was? Meaning, did it have little to do with the actual Zodiac killer/murders? Or was it a fact based movie (loosely even)?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 07:30 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Is it anything like The Black Dahlia was? Meaning, did it have little to do with the actual Zodiac killer/murders? Or was it a fact based movie (loosely even)?

I didn't see "Black Dahlia," but this is about the Zodiac killer and the hunt for him. The primary character is probably a cartoonist at the San Francisco Chronicle who over the years became completely obsessed with studying the crimes and trying to deduce who was responsible. It is a very well made suspense film.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 05:22 pm
Had lunch with one of my female friends who I can really trust her opinion on film. She really like this one -- the cinematic atmosphere, the editing, the performances, et al.
0 Replies