I'm going to read the Bible, and I'm going to post about it.

farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 02:27 pm
rl
Quote:
As to 'where the water went' after a worldwide flood, it's all still here. 70-80% of Earth is STILL covered with water.

Areas like Everest are now higher than they were when they were undersea, we all agree.

It's the timing we disagree on.
. WoW!!. RL is actually regressing in his store of knowledge. My only contribution at this juncture is to remind RL that all these "hypotheses" of his are testable and , by evidence, shown to be false.

If Everest were actually "undersea" and not the product of some tectonic event that raised the indurated sediments and layers into the air, then their should be a relatively uniform series of deep ocean sediments that cover Qomolngma and the entire Everest Lhotse massif. Guess what? Its not there, the layers are detached and shoved over each other and lie at steep angles to the horizontal, like something had been pushed up by horizontal forces working on the entire "rug" of the massif. There is no uniform , single layer of sediment anywhere to be seen. This sort of kills the uniform flood story. Pittman and Ryan , in about 1994 dispatched the flood myth from some good science evidence in the Black Sea and the MEd..
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 07:24 pm
Coral deposits atop Everest show this real estate was once undersea.

I've consistently said that it is not necessary to maintain that this piece of property was at it's present height when this occurred.

I have no problem with acknowledging that this land was shoved upward by huge tectonic activity.

The thing we DISagree on is WHEN this happened, not if.
0 Replies