Rest peacefully, timberlandko

timberbranch

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 03:08 pm
You betcha, Mac.

Not sure why I just remembered this, Kevin once asked me why all the Bruce Hornsby songs kinda sound the same. I told him is was probably the hand clap he coupled with the snare on beats two and four. "That's it!" he exclaimed, as if I solved some riddle of the ancients. Maybe the most excited I'd ever seen him. He was usually about as mellow as a person could be.

When I was 19 (19 years ago) my brother and I lived in the downstairs apartment to my mom's house (mom and my sister lived upstairs). My mom was cool about letting me and by younger brother drink, as long as we stayed home (so she knew where we were). Whenever the parties would get too loud, my mom would send him downstairs for damage control. I actually have this on video somewhere, Kevin walking up to the camera and stating: "Your mother would like somewhat less volume." I liked having him around.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:49 am
http://www.bill.lockharts.com/data/0204.jpg
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 01:03 pm
That's just awesome. Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 05:01 pm
Gels, That's about the best bald eagle picture I've ever seen - even live ones. Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 09:44 pm
I keep expecting him to turn his head and wink at me Smile
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:45 pm
I haven't been here in a while, and am very sorry to learn of his death. My condlences go out to his family and friends. Crying or Very sad

Peace timberland
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 08:55 am
timberbranch wrote:
You betcha, Mac.

Not sure why I just remembered this, Kevin once asked me why all the Bruce Hornsby songs kinda sound the same. I told him is was probably the hand clap he coupled with the snare on beats two and four. "That's it!" he exclaimed, as if I solved some riddle of the ancients. Maybe the most excited I'd ever seen him. He was usually about as mellow as a person could be.

When I was 19 (19 years ago) my brother and I lived in the downstairs apartment to my mom's house (mom and my sister lived upstairs). My mom was cool about letting me and by younger brother drink, as long as we stayed home (so she knew where we were). Whenever the parties would get too loud, my mom would send him downstairs for damage control. I actually have this on video somewhere, Kevin walking up to the camera and stating: "Your mother would like somewhat less volume." I liked having him around.

Yeah, I really liked having him around here, as well :-D I also like hearing all your Timber stories and now that I've gone through just about all the kleenex in the house, I think I handle some smiles now as I read.

Thanks so much for your memories :-D
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 01:04 pm
I was going through some old posts and stumbled across what might be one of Timber's most glorious moments. He's not the actual author of what he posted there, but I still give him kudos for posting it, and for giving us all a hearty laugh.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:20 pm
Doglover just wished "peace" to Timberland. It was loving and lovely, and it brought to mind the fact that death is the absolute solution to all problems; it provides a peace unattainable to all but the most accomplished mystics. We can look forward to our deaths for this reason. And, as such, we can celebrate the deaths of all those we have lost.
I celebrate the fact that eventually I and all my fellow human beings will find absolute peace.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:54 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Doglover just wished "peace" to Timberland. It was loving and lovely, and it brought to mind the fact that death is the absolute solution to all problems; it provides a peace unattainable to all but the most accomplished mystics. We can look forward to our deaths for this reason. And, as such, we can celebrate the deaths of all those we have lost.
I celebrate the fact that eventually I and all my fellow human beings will find absolute peace.

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
W C Fields
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:29 pm
Better than Houston?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:52 pm
I don't know that Fields ever visited east Texas.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 10:59 am
IT'S A GIRL ! --- AND IT'S ANOTHER GIRL !
Some big news from the land of Timber ...

My brother and his wife Amy (whom you've met on this thread) had their first baby girl on 5/5. Her name is Olivia Lola.

My sister and her husband (whom you have not met on this thread) had their first baby girl on 5/15. Her name is Melody Rose.

They're both happy babies, nice and pink, good looking kids.

I just thought it was odd, they both have 6 letters in the first name and 4 in the middle name, (6+4=10) and they were born 10 days apart.... :wink:
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:02 am
double congrats to the timber clan!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:02 am
Congratulations on your nieces, Timberbranch!

I remember when Amy visited this thread to post some photos of Kevin.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:06 pm
Congrats to you and your family, Timberbranch :-D
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:43 pm
Congrats to all of you! Thanks for the update, Timberbranch.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:53 pm
I wish to add my CONGRATS to the timber family.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:29 pm
Thanks x5 Smile
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 08:01 pm
Ahhh, double lucky you! Congratulations!

I saw my first live, fly over in the wild eagle about a month ago. Came in and told Bear that Timber had just flown over, circled twice. No doubt he's keeping an eye on things.
0 Replies