Rest peacefully, timberlandko

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 09:04 am
Timberbranch
My photo is in my avatar along with one of my dogs, Madison. I will have to get a new photo to include my other dog, Dolly.

It's very comforting to hear from Timber's family.

BBB
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:03 am
Here's a shot of my two kids in Austin ... River is 4, Ireland is 2.

http://a35.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/15/m_b6fe4bd0212b2b3b767af572ac459a22.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:06 am
How sweet! And what great names!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:13 am
timberbranch wrote:
Here's a shot of my two kids in Austin ... River is 4, Ireland is 2.

http://a35.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/15/m_b6fe4bd0212b2b3b767af572ac459a22.jpg

Shewolf could introduce Jillian, her 3 year old daughter to your son, River. Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:24 am
timberbranch,

searching for a "and so on, and so forth" quote, i stumbled upon this gem --
timberlandko wrote:
Wasn't exactly burning down a house, but one of my teenage super idiocies involved a helluva fire. I worked a few summers on a dude ranch in Idaho's High Desert. A weekly feature for the guests was called the "Starlight Ride" - as the name implies, it took place at night. Up at the top of a high bluff, there'd be a big chuckwagon dinner and a huge bonfire. One of the jobs of the kids who worked there was to get the bonfire going about a half hour or so before the guests arrived, and to keep it stocked with wood throughout the evening into the wee hours as the guests pigged out on "Real Cowboy Food" and sang and so forth. Anyhow, the bonfire was in this big pit, and was built up out of some pretty good sized logs (which, of course,we kids felled, cut, hauled, and stacked during the week). One Friday night, we'd gotten distracted, plaing cards and paying no attention to the time. Alluva sudden, somebody realized the guests would be arriving in a few minutes and the bonfire hadn't been lit yet. Well, normal practice was to splash a little kerosene onto the logs and light it. In a time bind, and figuring that if a little kerosene got the job done in about a half hour, we came up with the idea a buncha gasoline would get the job done a lot quicker. A couple 5 Gallon gas sjust happened to be handy, strapped to the back of the jeeps we drove up there in. Now, this log pile was prolly about 10, mebbe 12 feet wide, and as long, and 3 or 4 feet high. We doused it good with the gas, using all of it. About the only smart thing we did was light it from a fair distance, by tying a bit of gas-soaked rag to a rock, lighting it, and tossing it at the pile. I don't remember hearing anything, though I'm told the "Kaaa-Whooompph" spooked critters for miles around. I do remember this incredibly bright, yellow-orange flash, a wave of major heat, and a real kick-ya-in-the-chest-and-knock-ya-down concussion. Laying there, staring up at this blossoming fireball climbing toward the stars, dripping blazing lumber, we realized our solution had not been all that good an idea.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:27 am
I see a pattern. The man, as a youngster, like fire. I had a "Kaaa-Whooompph" experience myself once.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:33 am
Oh yeah, that's him ... Kaaa-Whooompph, I can still hear him saying that. And we did get a and so forth in there, too.

He came up with some really good ideas, and he wasn't afraid to point out when he missed completely. What you all may or may not know about Timber, when he told these stories, it ALWAYS ended in laughter. His first, then everyone else.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:41 am
i think that comes through even online.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:48 am
Quote:
Shewolf could introduce Jillian, her 3 year old daughter to your son, River.

... Or my daughter. It's bound to happen, her neighborhood is about 5 miles southeast of mine. One of these weekends.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 11:40 am
timberbranch

It's a delight to hear from Kevin's family. He and I first bumped into each other on abuzz quite a few years ago. Though we held quite different political notions (I've long argued that george bush's mother should have eaten him while his bones were still soft) Keven and I developed a serious fondness for each other. We'd long talked about getting together but didn't get it done. A really special fellow. I've tossed in a picture of myself and Lola (who Kevin also knew) or at least I'll try to.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2797/april06momandberniesmall9xl.jpg
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 11:54 am
Nice to meet you ... He was one in a million.

The best part about this forum is meeting the friends of his. I love when you guys put a post up here, something he wrote. It really helps reading his words ...

He once tried to walk me through replacing an ignition coil in my oven over the phone. Man, he was so set on getting it fixed. He was trying to find the exact item for an online schematic, then checking every option before finally saying, "The more I think of it, your Weber grill is really a better place to cook anyway."

Please keep 'em coming.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 12:05 pm
have you seen timber's profile?

you can also look at all of his posts -- here.

i'll see what else i can find...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 12:14 pm
responding to an early A2k thread:
Quote:
to answer an ASL you must type in your age sex and location. If you don't feel like telling make something up!

timber wrote:
A- Clinging tenaciously to my Fifties. My hair gave up a while ago.

S- Not as good as I once was, but as good once as I ever was

L- Comfortably close to a crackling fire ... a spot from which I will endeavor not to stray far or frequently throughout the upcoming North Western Wisconsin Winter.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:00 pm
Very cool, Region, thank you!

T
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:21 pm
Timberbranch
Here's another example of Timber's elegant "pooh on you" comentary about Creationists and Intelligent Design advocates:

The fact of the matter is neither Creationists nor ID-iots are able to present any evidence whatsoever in support of the propositions they forward. Neither, despite their ridiculous, easily debunked assertions to the contrary, have produced any legitimate science - none, as in zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing ... just ain't any.

In the cold, hard light of reality, holding them to legitimate, scientifically valid, academically sound, intellectually honest standards, they have made no discoveries, proved no hypotheses, developed no methodologies, delivered no findings, offered no analyses, presented no criticism; rather, they wallow in sophistry, circular reasoning, denial, misrepresentation, and unwarranted assumption.

Argument from personal incredulity simply cannot produce a working hypothesis, and in the end, that's all they've got; Creationists at least are honest enough to openly springboard their incredulity from theism.

Creationists, however ignorantly they present their proposition, at least are honest enough to acknowledge their proposition is religious. ID-iots, on the other hand, by denying the religious nature of their proposition, are not only ignorant but are just plain flat-out all-around liars.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:30 pm
timberbranch,
I am grateful that BBB quoted one of Kevin's many, excellent contributions to my thread on the intelligent design controversy in science education. We would be happy to have your contributions (if the subject interests you):

Click Here
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:35 pm
Thanks BumbleBee ... I found this one is his extensive list of posts:

Quote:
Gimme enough scotch, and i might just tell ya all about the mothership and our plans for your tiny little planet - 'course, if we're gonna talk about that, we gotta do it inside an all-metal building during an electrical storm ... and we gotta whisper.

He's got enough of these to compile into a thick coffee table book. I better get to my cutting and pasting PDQ! Smile
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:51 pm
Wandel,

Creationism vs Evolution is a can of worms I'd rather not open just yet... I may jump in later, but that's later.

Thanks,

T
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:18 pm
timberbranch wrote:
Wandel,

Creationism vs Evolution is a can of worms I'd rather not open just yet... I may jump in later, but that's later.

Thanks,

T

No problem. There may be other topics you like. Your stepdad mostly posted on topics that were fun for him.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:29 pm
Hello to timber's family from myself. It's very nice of you to follow-up on this thread. As you can see, Kevin had many fans. Very Happy

http://org32.zorpia.com/0/1957/12530029.b0b713.jpg
0 Replies