Free Starbucks Coffee Today 1000-1200

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 06:15 am
At all "company operated stores" in the U.S. and Canada.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,779 • Replies: 20
No top replies

George

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 06:57 am
Confirmed.
Coffee Break
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 07:31 am
I dislike Starbucks so much I won't even drink a free coffee from them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 07:40 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I dislike Starbucks so much I won't even drink a free coffee from them.

agreed
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:04 am
disagreed
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:12 am
What's to dislike? Owned and operated by liberals - do you dislike them because the are succesful? Or just not like good coffee?
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:26 am
Just got my free coffee.
Mmmmm...
They had free pastry samples as well, but I (regretfully) declined.
[Slurp]
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:26 am
I prefer their Breakfast Blend - and find many of their specialty coffees to have a burnt flavor - aka Charbucks. But they still taught America how to brew a proper cup of coffee. No more swill.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:36 am
They're having a sale on coffee machines.
You can get a DeLonghi Magnifica for only $999.99.
I didn't.

[Slurp]
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:48 am
As to the quality of their coffee, the volume of coffee beans they need to purchase makes it impossible for them to use certain varieties that cannot fill such a large order. At least that's what Starbucks employees have told me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:52 am
Quote:
Seth Hoffman, president of the Tampa Bay Young Republicans and an occasional Starbucks drinker, said he tries to avoid buying some "liberal" products, like Ben & Jerry's ice cream. He said Starbucks should consider using more conservative voices, but if they don't, he's unlikely to stay away.

"I know about what the company does; I know what my money's going to," said Hoffman, 32. "For me, with Starbucks, it's not what's on the cup, but what's in the cup."
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:59 am
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
Seth Hoffman, president of the Tampa Bay Young Republicans and an occasional Starbucks drinker, said he tries to avoid buying some "liberal" products, like Ben & Jerry's ice cream. He said Starbucks should consider using more conservative voices, but if they don't, he's unlikely to stay away.

"I know about what the company does; I know what my money's going to," said Hoffman, 32. "For me, with Starbucks, it's not what's on the cup, but what's in the cup."

Those have been my sentiments from when I started playing catcher.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:05 am
When we want a good cup of coffee, we grind some Jamaica Blue Mountain or Kona plantation beans which we brew with a french press. Mostly I prefer a good Assam Superb tea.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:12 am
I have been drinking a "Jamican Blue Mountain Blend" from Costco. It isn't pure JBM, if it were, it would be almost $100/bag. But it's pretty darn good. Fell in love with Jamaican coffee when I visited the place.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:28 am
dyslexia wrote:
When we want a good cup of coffee, we grind some Jamaica Blue Mountain or Kona plantation beans which we brew with a french press. Mostly I prefer a good Assam Superb tea.

I have long considered Assam to be the best tea. Unfortunately, most of the bookstores/coffee houses don't carry it anymore. I used to be able to get it at Borders.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:45 am
cjhsa wrote:
What's to dislike? Owned and operated by liberals - do you dislike them because the are succesful? Or just not like good coffee?

I dislike the coffee for one.

I also dislike ridiculously large corporate chains like that...one on every corner and 4 in every strip mall.

There are 3, count 'em, 3 in one of the malls by me.

Who needs 3?

Here's a story about Starbucks corporate greed....

There is this strip mall by me. There is a Starbucks, naturally, as well as a cell phone store, a restaurant and another coffee joint and some other places. I usually get my coffee at this other coffee place. They are right next door to Starbucks.

Well, one day I come to get my coffee and see that the place is closed. Hm. Wonder why. Didn't notice at the time that all the other places were too. A few days later, less than a week, I notice that all but Starbucks is still closed.

When I asked later about why the place was closed down for over a week, along with the other stores in the strip, I was told there was a chemical spill/leak that affected all the stores and that the mall had to be cleaned and aired out. It was bad enough that one of the employees of the place I go to received a burned throat and lungs from it. Pretty bad stuff. One of those tasteless, odorless poisions. Can't remember the damned name.....anyway.....

Every other place closed down for a week to ensure that the stuff was gone, for the safty and health of their customers and staff....all that is, except Starbucks who apparently cares more about money than the health of their customers and staff.

Now, you can say that maybe they weren't affected as much but I find it hard to believe that a store smack in the middle of 2 others that were closed down wasn't affected as much as the two who closed down for 7 days.

No one could smell it or taste it so no one would even have known they were being poisioned had they gone into the Starbucks.

It was probably safe. But the fact remains that everyone else took great measures to make sure it was safe; everyone except Starbucks.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:50 am
Anyone who likes Starbucks hasn't had a really good cup of
coffe yet.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 11:05 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Anyone who likes Starbucks hasn't had a really good cup of
coffe yet.

wow
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 12:33 pm
I drank a cup of coffee in 1989...was the first and the last.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 12:56 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
I drank a cup of coffee in 1989...was the first and the last.

But you smoke 2 packs a day, right? :wink:
0 Replies