Planet Earth documentary series

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 05:22 pm
(I kinda miss Humphrey the Humpback swimming toward Sacramento, too.)

(What's up with seals eating penguins? That's not right...)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:27 am
When will it be out on DVD?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:36 am

Looks like it is coming out on DVD later this month!

Link to Planet Earth DVD
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 02:57 am
Just caught up with two more episodes--Rain Forests and Fresh Water. Spectacular.

This time for me the most amazing sequence was of the chimps. I knew that they wage war. I did not know that they practiced cannibalism. But the shot that got to me was the one where the chief chimp (I'm guessing he was the chief) was eating the spoils of war. His friend put out his hand. The chief gave his friend what he was eating. Our closest relatives--wage war and acknowledge friendship.

Spectacular. Okay, so I'm repeating myself.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 05:52 am
Does this mean bushmeat is okay?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 06:15 am
Sure, if you're a chimp.

Hey, you go ahead and eat whatever your heart desires, dawg.
0 Replies

Winthorpe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 01:30 pm
Roberta wrote:
Just caught up with two more episodes--Rain Forests and Fresh Water. Spectacular.

This time for me the most amazing sequence was of the chimps. I knew that they wage war. I did not know that they practiced cannibalism. But the shot that got to me was the one where the chief chimp (I'm guessing he was the chief) was eating the spoils of war. His friend put out his hand. The chief gave his friend what he was eating. Our closest relatives--wage war and acknowledge friendship.

Spectacular. Okay, so I'm repeating myself.

I had the same reaction to the chimp war and subsequent cannibalism . . . amazing footage.

I have to say I have learned a tremendous amount Planet Earth so far, particularly in the area of what animals unexpectedly either eat their own or similar species.

Damn, only 2 more episodes left.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 02:51 am
Still catching up. I managed to see three more episodes. This time, caves, the ocean depths, and forests.

The cave in Santa Fe NM was breathtaking.

My favorite scene this time: The baby ducks jumping out of the tree and bouncing on the ground. How long did they have to wait to catch that.

I also marveled at the sailfish. They said those shots were hard to get. I believe it.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:03 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Looks like it is coming out on DVD later this month!

Well, we knew that was going to happen! How could they NOT put this out for sale.
I think it should be shown in elementary schools first, then again in middle school....and once again before graduation; just to remind people what's out there and what they need to save for future generations.
0 Replies