All of your burning philosophical questions answered

jespah

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 08:50 am
@George,
At least fourteen, alas.

Note - this answer is not confined to one gender. This is why I'm considering emptying a half a can of chartreuse paint on my vehicle. It'll look ugly, but I'll always find it. And, perhaps, get good parking, as no one wants to be tainted with the mojo of even parking next to a butt-ugly car.

This is why it was rare to see dented or scratched (keyed was another story) Pacers, back in the day.

May your Xmas lights have all their bulbs burning. At the same time, no less.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 12:42 pm
@jespah,
My trilling is thrilling. I don't begrudge third world trillers a few hundred million bucks. I'll settle for one million. But I don't wanna buy a ticket unless I'm sure I'll win.

So, noo?
jespah

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 12:44 pm
@Roberta,
Much is uncertain in life.

Make sure all your selected #s are prime ones.

May most of your adverbs end in -ly.
Roberta

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 12:50 pm
@jespah,
By the time I figure out prime number, someone else will have won. I'm getting the feeling, oh great master of the question, that I've stumped you.

And most of my adverbs do end in ly.

Don't cop out on me!! I was counting on you.
jespah

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:31 am
@Roberta,
This knowledge is highly specialized, not to mention dangerous. Imagine all the trilling Staten Islanders who would beat me senseless! Therefore I must lay low and not be so open with the information.

I am, also, a philosopher. Odds and whatnot are more math-y stuff. Close but no cigar, like the difference between mayo and Miracle Whip.

May you squeeze the last bit of toothpaste out of the tube of life.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:32 am
@jespah,
is the tube of life NSFW?
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:35 am
@Rockhead,
You mean like a rubber?
jespah

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 10:00 am
@farmerman,
Rubbers - http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2007/02/galoshes.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 08:08 am
Lo, philosophers! I am here to answer your burning questions!
Roberta

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 10:29 am
@jespah,
The sage is back. I'm thrilled. I'm stunned. I'm speechless (doesn't happen often).
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 10:39 am
If all you need is love, why did I have to pay for that record?
Roberta

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 12:43 pm
Oh, great knower and seer. I have a question. When did standing up become such a production? I used to stand up without even thinking about it. Now I have to plan ahead. Have a place for my hands. Push myself up. You'd think that as I shrink, verticality would be easier. What sayest thou?
jespah

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 01:09 pm
@George,
George wrote:

If all you need is love, why did I have to pay for that record?

Wisdom comes from vinyl, guidance from CDs, and a lotta pixels come from iTunes.

May your dreams of driving a Honda Civic remain G-rated.
George

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 01:11 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
. . . May your dreams of driving a Honda Civic remain G-rated.
How big is the back seat?
jespah

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 01:12 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Oh, great knower and seer. I have a question. When did standing up become such a production? I used to stand up without even thinking about it. Now I have to plan ahead. Have a place for my hands. Push myself up. You'd think that as I shrink, verticality would be easier. What sayest thou?

Standing may get our brains closer to God, but it gets them farther from our hearts. This creates a conundrum which is only satisfied by placing your hands in another's pockets. This explains politicians.

May the Jack Russell terrier of delight yap at your holiday season.
jespah

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 01:13 pm
@George,
George wrote:

jespah wrote:
. . . May your dreams of driving a Honda Civic remain G-rated.
How big is the back seat?

Big enough for you to transport a six-pack of Schlitz across the Monongahela River.

Only Schlitz, and only the Monongahela. It's an oddly specific Civic.
George

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 01:19 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
. . . It's an oddly specific Civic.
I tried saying this aloud and hurt myself.
jespah

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 01:26 pm
@George,
This is why voice recognition will never really catch on.

May your onion rings be crispy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 01:30 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Roberta wrote:

Standing may get our brains closer to God, but it gets them farther from our hearts. This creates a conundrum which is only satisfied by placing your hands in another's pockets. This explains politicians.

Phooey on politicians. I knew a girl in high school who used to do that--handwise and pocketwise. She was very popular. I didn't realize that she was torn between godliness and heartliness. I thought she was a tremp.
jespah

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 02:57 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

jespah wrote:

Roberta wrote:

Phooey on politicians. I knew a girl in high school who used to do that--handwise and pocketwise. She was very popular. I didn't realize that she was torn between godliness and heartliness. I thought she was a tremp.

Which is close to Trump, thereby creating a nifty congruence in the universe and possibly causing his bad toupée to become sentient.

Don't blame me when the wigs take over. And that's wigs, not Whigs.

May you be amply supplied with spearmint gum.
0 Replies