22 and still a virgin driver

Lizzi42

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:15 am
Hey guy's. This is actually my first post in this forum. I just came across it today and I think it's pretty interesting.
Anyway.... I guess this post is just sort of a rant to myself, but at the same time I would like to get some other people's point's of view.
I'm a 22 yr old. female. and I have yet to get my license. I never even had my permit. I have driven before, but for short distances and nervously.
I think I'm mostly scared about getting behind the wheel of a 3000lb vehicle, with all the control. But I'm ready to get out there!!!! But I'm slightly confused. I heard that I would need to get insurance before I can even take the driving tests... is that true? And if so, wouldn't I need a car to get insurance? What about those people who have licenses but no car? Also, since I'm older, do I still need to have my permit for a full 12 months before I can get my actual license?
I'm just kind of confused about how to get all this started. I am ready to get out there on the road, and be free!!!!!!!
Would appreciate any input. thanx Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 774 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:25 am
The laws on vehicles vary by state but I have never heard of anyone needing car insurance when they don't own a car. Usually the vehicle owner has to have insurance if someone else besides he/she is going to drive the car. And a permit is usually for six months. Get out there o the road and show us your stuff babe!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:51 am
Don't feel bad. I didn't start driving until I was 40!
Conquer your fears. The more you drive, the less fearful you'll be. Just imagine the total freedom of being mobile.
And no, you don't need insurance to get a license.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:13 pm
Where are ya in the world?

I really suggest you go sign up for some personal driving lessons. One on one. If you are scared, you just need to take things slow. One thing at a time.
Cars are usually provided this way, if the problem is you do not have a vehicle to use for practice and taking the test.

As far as having a license and not having a car - just worry about getting your license first!
I know folks who have used not having a car as a great excuse to keep putting off, putting off, going for the test. "Well, I need to get a car first".
You really don't.

There have been years where I have been vehicle-less yet had my license. It still gets used. Just knowing you have it, or being able to borrow anothers car for a while or take over during driving makes it worth it.
Plus, it is such a valuable form of I.D.

Good luck. I hope you go for it! And don't worry about failing a test. Lots of us failed the first time or even several times. Just keep going!
0 Replies