THE BRITISH THREAD II

izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 03:02 pm
@spendius,
A criminal is going to jail for perverting the course of justice.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 04:49 pm
@spendius,

You must be effing joking, Spendy. She did this in cold blood and kept it secret for eight years, until her hubby trapped off with a transvestite. Which made her lid flip, apparently.
She's been badly advised.
And apparently all the Lib Dem high command knew the detail ages ago. Does that make them accessories? Probably.
McTag

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 04:55 pm
@McTag,

How come my Steve Bell cartoons didn't come up? I thought originally they did.

Tony Blair cannot be seen on the streets of Britain, in case somebody punches him. I would.

What irony. No man is a hero in his own household, or something like that. Still, he can afford some very fancy hotel accommodation elsewhere.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 06:00 pm
@McTag,
I know what you two are up to. She has to be punished to save your positions that ladies are NOT little, frail defenceless creatures in need of care and protection which cannot possibly be admitted by the liberal intelligentsia despite it being a simple and obvious fact.

And that you enjoy with gleeful spite watching butterflies broken on the wheel.

I would transport all supporters of the liberal democrats to anywhere which would take the silly fuckers. Mali for preference.
McTag

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 02:32 am
@spendius,

Spendi, what are you on?
This spitfire of a woman tried to entrap her husband into an admission of guilt using the telephone and a newspaper's tape recorder. She was manipulative and cunning. Her defence was that she was forced? Pull the other one. The (second) jury was right.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 03:28 am
@McTag,
Did you see Channel 4 News last night where they doorstepped Vince Cable, just after they broadcast the transcript of Pryce saying Cable knew about the point swapping? It was a brilliant piece of editing.

I think Spendi has a problem with modernity, he tends to harken back to a more simpler time when men worked and women spent their days ruminating on what to cook for dinner. Those days are long gone, and I, for one, don't regret their demise.

Pryce was a wronged woman, but most public sympathy for her evaporated when they realised how vindictive she is. Just by listening to the taped phone conversations between her and Huhne, it was clear that this was a woman who knew her own mind, and wasn't going to be pressurised into doing anything she didn't want to do.

I find the following comment from the BBC News website quite disturbing.

Quote:
Returning to the witness box for a second time, Vicky Pryce told the new jury the same tale - and emphasised the impact that Huhne's affair had on their family.

Some of their children had become "allergic" to the sight of their father and one even tried to jump out of a moving car when his voice had come on the radio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21417058

I doubt very much that any of her children would have acted in such an extreme way if they had not been put under considerable pressure by Pryce. She forced them to take sides, and that selfish act will doubtless have psychological implications later on in life. She obviously didn't have her children's best interests in mind when she set out for revenge.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 07:46 am
@spendius,

Quote:
to save your positions that ladies are NOT little, frail defenceless creatures in need of care and protection which cannot possibly be admitted by the liberal intelligentsia

I know you wrote that for a laugh, but it's difficult to refrain from comment.

Karen Brady? Kirsty Wark? Orla Guerin? Hillary Clinton? Libby Purves? Ann Leslie? Helena Kennedy?
That lot would break your balls, no problem.
spendius

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 08:43 am
@McTag,
Yeah--as long as somebody is writing their scripts and they are being "produced".

I've never heard of four of them.

Ms Walk's ego is exploding.

McTag

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 01:41 pm
@spendius,

Quote:
I've never heard of four of them.

Kate Adie, Lucrezia Borgia, Violette Szabo, Golda Meir, Mary Rand, Mata Hari, Margaret Thatcher, Angela Merkel, Catherine the Great, Ethel the Unready...
They're not all like the pink chubbies who haunt your saloon bar, and your dreams, Spendi.
McTag

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 01:30 pm
@McTag,

Eight months? I bet she didn't see that coming.

Cue remarks about butterflies and wheels. I think she deserves that for cheek.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 02:11 am
@McTag,
No more than either of them deserved. Huhne still thinks he can salvage something out of this, they're talking about environmental lobbying. Although he could probably still stand as an MP for UKIP.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 03:33 am
@McTag,
Definitely worth an inclusion in Private Eye's pseud's corner.

Quote:
Journalist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, a friend of Pryce, said she thought the media's treatment of her had been sexist.

"Too many people haven't realised how the loss of love, her wiring was jumbled, the storms in her heart were flooded," she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21751884
McTag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 04:16 am
@izzythepush,

That's excellent. My wife told me this morning that Yasmin A-B had said "The judge spoke to her as if he wanted to PUNISH her".

Yes and?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 04:40 am
@McTag,
I lost all respect for her when she was looking at the papers after Ali Bongo had died, without knowing anything about him or his act, she launched into a tirade calling him racist and all sorts. For one thing he had just died, and stage magicians used to adopt arabic names in deference to Arab magic which was far ahead of the game. I didn't exactly hold her in high regard before, but now I take everything she says with a pinch of salt.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 05:27 am
@McTag,
Ridiculous. Vindictive. Disgusting. Incomprehensible.
McTag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 08:07 am
@spendius,

So that's a NO vote from Spendi, then.

There was a good bit in "A Man For All Seasons" where Thomas More spoke to the young ambitious Chancellor, to the effect that he should beware of thinking he could choose which laws to observe, and which to ignore.

" And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you—where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? (He leaves him) This country’s planted thick with laws from coast to coast—man’s laws, not God’s—and if you cut them down—and you’re just the man to do it—d’you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? "
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 08:26 am
@McTag,
I hear Lucretia got a bad rap re her rep.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 08:32 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

So that's a NO vote from Spendi, then.

I didn't know whether he was describing the verdict or Pryce herself.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 08:40 am
@ossobuco,
The thing is Ossy, Pryce did have the public's sympathy. She was the wronged woman whose husband ran off with a bull dyke. Then once it came to court it was clear how vindictive she was, she wanted revenge and didn't seem to care about the fallout. She was highly manipulative and forced her children to take sides. The emails between Chris Huhne and his youngest son are heartbreaking, and that's coming from someone who has no time whatsoever for Huhne.

The fact that she's Greek has allowed some papers to compare her to various wronged women from Greek mythology who sought revenge at any cost.

Quote:
Huhne pleaded guilty on day one of his trial, after arrogantly trumpeting his innocence and exhausting every possible ruse to get the case dropped. The English, public school-educated Huhne probably realised that he would be no match in open court for his Greek wife, whom blind fury had turned from respected senior civil servant and Companion of the Order of the Bath into Clapham’s answer to Clytemnestra.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9915770/Vicky-Pryce-trial-The-Greeks-have-a-word-for-it....html
spendius

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 09:01 am
@McTag,
It isn't a case of that Mac. It is caging a mother and grandmother for nothing. All the other stuff after she had been deserted and left without a man to comfort her is not only natural but also irrelevant. That a senior judge should think there is anything unnatural about a woman being manipulative, controlling and devious under such drastic provocation tells us more about the silly sod than anything else. And that matter was not the subject of the trial either. It was irrelevant.

She signed the speeding ticket. Her being a loyal wife is marital coercion. 5 million others have done the same thing according to an insurance industry survey. We all know it's wrong but not 8 months' worth. When I was young, and easy under the apple boughs, it was wrong to buy a pint of milk on Sunday. A £10 fine was sufficient.

The judge scraped the bottom of the barrel to justify his vindictiveness by speculating that she signed the ticket to avoid having to drive her spouse around. How did he know that? The couple were loaded.

She's a sacrificial lamb on the altar of PC. And children and grandchildren are being denied the comforts of the maternal hand.

It's been a kick a woman when she's down exercise. I hope she pens some vengeful chapters about the folks she knows.