THE BRITISH THREAD II

spendius

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 03:17 am
Eoooow! How awfully very virtuous.

My man had a somewhat more jaundiced take on it.

We don't live on cute, shallow cliches in our pub. Beaming with self satisfaction gets laughed at. We dig down a bit using honesty as a guide.

You should put your man up for a CBE Mac.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 12:40 pm
And give you a kick in the bollocks if "he's out a bout 'im"
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 11:47 am
this just sent to me, the ten most embarrassing moments on tv

Quote:
7. A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, "So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?" Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too, because they were laughing so hard!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 12:01 pm
but to be serious for a moment, it has been a terrible day

not only did manu loose

but west ham illegally stayed up

and the blades went down

three bad results.

enough to make grown men weep, and they did.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 03:18 pm
Disappointing end to a good Premiership run Steve, we were murdering them but it wouldn't go in. C'est la vie!

Still glad to see Wigan are staying up. It went pear shaped for them this season.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 05:12 pm
The Wigan/Sheffield game was the real thing. Nature red in tooth and claw with a referee to see fair play.

I have never seen two managers so exhausted.

Like Bob Dylan said- "Money doesn't talk-it swears."
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:31 am
Hey yous. Got me 2 tickets to see Prince 1st August. It's at what used to be the millenium dome. Does anyone know of any decent but reasonably priced hotels in the vicinity?

x
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 02:59 pm
Google it Dorothy, you might find some decent place at a fair price, if you are extremely lucky. Those cockney's just love robbing you blind.

Enjoy the concert kid, I'm glad for you.

Note if your coming back the following day, check the sleeper from Euston to Manchester, if the fare is reasonable, you can board the train usually from 11pm onwards. That way you get a clean comfortable berth for the night (The train leaves early morning) the berths are ok if a little on the small side.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:01 pm
What do you expect on a phlucking train running on tracks. If they weren't "on the small side" they would wipe out the food growing areas you silly moo.

Then what would we eat?

We have already been appraised of how wide a swathe you would like to cut. Dozens of times. Maybe more.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:05 pm
spendius wrote:
What do you expect on a phlucking train running on tracks. If they weren't "on the small side" they would wipe out the food growing areas you silly moo.

Then what would we eat?

We have already been appraised of how wide a swathe you would like to cut. Dozens of times. Maybe more.
4 pints of Tetley's smooth I would say.

Spendy its past your bed time. And mine. Nighty night.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:59 am
spendius wrote:

Then what would we eat?

Your being cheeky again Spendipus, shouldn't pussy's keep their place on lifes little tread mill!

Your a mouse chaser, that be all!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:44 am
Thanks Mathos. I managed to book a hotel on laterooms last night. Novotel right near the dome. Superior room for £69 so that's not too bad is it?

Not sure what to do about getting to and from London yet, it'll have to be cheap that's for sure

x
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:33 pm
OK sweet Dorothy, nice to see you enjoying yourself love, you have got a very good deal there! Novotel are a decentish hotel too, so Well done.

Hope the concerts brilliant for you, I'm sure it will be!

Bus is about the cheapest I think, they probably do one direct from Piccadilly, but then again, the train services shouldn't be too bad (cost wise)and it's far more convenient and relaxing.

Have fun and let me know how it was for you.. xx
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:01 pm
Doesn't he sing about purple hazes or something?

I would save your cash if I was you for ice-creams and toffee apples.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 09:02 am
Purple Rain!!!!!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 11:48 am
haze rain mist all a blurr to spendy

now

You have Mourhinio
We got his doggio

dammit cant finish it help please
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 12:08 pm
So Harry is to stay at home. Good. We can't afford him getting in the way. No doubting the lad's bravery but if his presence endangers others then either he is thick, or he should never have been allowed to join a front line unit. I would suggest Royal Celebrity Chef Regiment, Gordon Ramsay F***siliers.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 12:45 pm
ok just a sampler you understand

You got Mourhinio
We got the doggio
Concede a goalio
Or he's new Bonio.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 12:55 pm
http://i17.tinypic.com/4kyxtm8.jpg