THE BRITISH THREAD II

Dutchy

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 08:10 am
To all you British people and others, it has come to my attention that Mathos has left A2K for good (http://able2know.org/topic/114226-20#post-3360577), I'm quite perturbed by this turn of events as I enjoyed his threads immensely. I feel it is all a misunderstanding, a few of us had similar feelings when the site changed, and no doubt Mathos was a little put out bec ause of this. Is there any way we can entice him back and explain what exactly is happening around here?
spendius

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 08:39 am
@Dutchy,
I told you he was a big girl's blouse Dutch. Flouncing off thrumming with indignation indeed. Quitters we don't need.

You could try weeping at his knees I suppose. That might work.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:46 pm
@Dutchy,

He hasn't left until his application is received in triplicate on The British Thread, and it hasn't been yet.
And if he tries, permission will be refused anyway.
No-one can insult Spendy the way he does, and as such he is irreplaceable.

Smile
margo

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 02:26 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico wrote:
Quote:
I think everyone knows Nebraska is not part of the British Empire, McT.

Big grin!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:25 pm
@McTag,
Mac wrote-

Quote:
No-one can insult Spendy the way he does, and as such he is irreplaceable.

Insults are supposed to wound. I never felt a thing.

See my recent diatribe on the ID thread.

Hey- what about this IOC guy saying we have to spend as much as China has done when our turn comes. He's up a gum tree.

And what did he mean when he said that the Olympic Village "experience" was SACRED? That was a mighty thing to say in a formal statement.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:32 pm
Me and my mates in the pub have decided, after much too-ing and fro-ing, that we are in favour of feminism, the pussy-whip and the emasculated new man and we are hoping we can hang on to our perches at the end of the bar long enough to see the day when no more men come in the pub due to the pressure of their domestic duties and the pub is heaving with pissed up females trying to attract attention to themselves using the well known devices that have been traditionally employed throughout the ages.
McTag

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:39 pm
@spendius,

Sounds like a delightful scenario.

There's an article on Times Online this morning about the incredible amount of shagging that goes on in the olympic village.

Interesting.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4582421.ece

spendius

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 01:01 pm
@McTag,
Why would anybody read that stuff Mac?

It's banal. It's like saying that if there's an avalache the snow, surprise, surprise, slips down the mountain side.

Are you sex obsessed?
McTag

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 11:12 pm
@spendius,

One man's banal is another man's quite interesting. But I think you're just being your usual sour self.

BTW that's not the first time I've read about an olympic village being a hotbed of such activity, so the report must be quite accurate.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:52 pm

I saw Sebastian, Lord Coe on the telly this morning from the Olympics and he's had his hair tinted.

He looks a right plonker.
spendius

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:10 pm
@McTag,
He is a plonker Mac.

Hey-that was funny- Boris bragging about he was going to bring 2012 in under budget. What use is it to London to do that when London gets all the benefits and us serfs pay most of the cost? Telling lies at the Olympic closing ceremony is a bit naff IMHAHO.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 03:20 am

"Wiff-waff is coming home"

-Boris Jonson
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 02:52 am

I couldn't find the Oz thread to post this.

One of the funny things on the news this morning was the fact of how upset the Australians seem to be getting that the Poms won more olympic medal than they did.

(A lot more medals, Australia!)

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
spendius

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:42 pm
@McTag,
You have obviously not seen the article in the Sunday Times Mac which suggests that our success is the end of civilisation as we have known it.

Matt Rudd, I think, wrote it. It's on Google.
McTag

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:05 am
@spendius,

I think I saw that article, or one very like it, in The Observer. And I agreed with it, broadly. I'm the last person to applaud the jingoism and excess we have seen in the media over sporting success. (in the sitting-down sports)

I was only being amused at the Aussies being upset.

It's been said recently (Gareth Southgate and others) that the reason England perform badly on the football field is that the media put too much pressure on the players. They cannot reproduce their club form. There might be something in that.

I'm going to post in the Peeves thread about people saying "to be honest...." now, if I can find it.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:21 am
@spendius,

Incorrect, Spendy, it was not to be found.

Here's the article I was thinking of. Everybody read this, there'll be a test later

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/aug/23/olympics2008.australia
spendius

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 03:38 am
@McTag,
Incorrect Mac. It is easily found.

Go to Google.

Search Sunday Times.

Select 2nd entry down "The Sunday Times For All You Are".

Go to "Comment" (2nd section)

What a disaster--Britain's now a nation of winners. MATT RUDD.
spendius

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 03:43 am
@spendius,
Having read your Grauniad article I must warn you Mac that Matt Rudd is a couple of steps up in class so you might have difficulty following.
McTag

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 03:53 am
@spendius,

I've read them both now. Thanks Spendy,

But don't be any sillier that you can help.
spendius

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:06 am
@McTag,
When in Rome Mac.