Too Hot to Cook,..What do you cook in the summertime??

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 07:00 pm
jerry- Im a fan of lobster only 2 ways
1BOILED

2 LOBSTAH ROLL

I had a lobster Szichuan style somewhere in Boston 2 years ago. They served the lobster in the shell in this gluey hot and sour sauce. Boy was I mad at my host for taking me there.(Since it was a very good client, I sucked it up and ate most, but I did not enjoy it.

I play pedal steel guitar in a country band back home and Ive developed a score of the MST3K "love theme" I thought youd appreciate that .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 08:22 pm
Jerry...lobster...mmmm....I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to lobster, aioli sounds nice with the potatoes...but when I want lobster, I want to taste it without too much gussy. Now...for a creamy lobster salad, I like a simple home-made saffron mayo, no garlic, and finely cut chives. If I use truffle oil, just truflle oil baby, on perfectly cooked cold lobster. Also, the plain boiled (although boiling isn't the best way to get the claw and tail meat cooked evenly) with warm vanilla butter is amazing. A little scrape of the bean in the melted butter does wonders. Other favorites I have are lobster nage, with baby summer veggies (a classic), and one day that got me thinking of lobster pho, which I did once, scenting the lobster stock with ginger, green onion and a hint of star anise, a little bit of rice noodles, the lobster meat (generously portioned), bean sprouts, fresh basil...delicious! Mind you, I would have to charge my clients $15 a bowl or more. So far, no one has bitten, but they do not know what they are missing Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 09:31 pm
Oh, I do use a condiment with lobster . Butter and crackers for the tomally. Are crackers a condiment? or a nosh?.
0 Replies

Rose

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 10:43 am
Good morning Jerry R
You do not have to 'cook' a fruit tray.
I just slice kiwi, melon, banana, apple, or whatever other fruit I have on hand, with a bunch of grapes and perhaps have crumbled cheese or cottage cheese and saltines. very filling and healthy
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:42 am
Hi Rose!

Welcome to A2K!!!

Fresh fruit is always a favorite!! Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 05:16 am
Mom's birthday was this month, so we made lunch for her. For the main course I just mixed some baby greens with smoked salmon, made up an herbed honey-dijon vinaigrette to dress, and served it with thinly sliced peppered peaches. Worked very nicely, and no cooking.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 05:13 pm
Looking back on these and smiling.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 05:27 pm
@jespah,
I kind of marvel about how the lads snuck some really good cooking tips in on us. There are definitely things I didn't think of combining in 2003 that are almost automatic now.
0 Replies