Well, I'm only 15. BUT I HAVE FEELINGS I NEED TO EXPRESS!

Chumly

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:26 pm
That double truly sucks man! My sister and her clan are fundamentalists too, I won't go near 'em, it's a creepy cult.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:59 pm
Like I said, believe what you want, let others believe what they want. Religion only becomes a problem if it is forced onto someone else.

Which is where you are at cobbler.

I was about your age when I told my parents that I would now longer allow myself to be dragged along to church each sunday.

I think the key issue for you is to not force your family to accept your lack of belief. Accept that they want to believe, and that you either do not. Or that at the very least question some of the basic precepts of religion.

Perhaps you could ask your parents if they think you are an intelligent person. Ask them if they think you have a bright inquiring mind. Then tell them that you are beginning to question your faith.

Another thing you could do is explore the opportunities offered by an international student exchange program to take a break from your current situation. The benefits afforded by such an opportunity are many. Your parents may just go for it
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 10:45 am
Cobbler wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Well you were put on this World for a reason, and it's to worship God.

If God is real and omniscient, then he doesn't deserve to be worshiped. . . .
Aside from the fact that Raul is incorrect, you have failed to establish your assertion.
0 Replies

Cobbler

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 08:42 pm
neologist wrote:
Cobbler wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:

Aside from the fact that Raul is incorrect, you have failed to establish your assertion.

If I were the father of 15 children, would I be considered a good father if I let 5 of them have great rooms, another 5 all share a crappy room, and the other 5 have no room at all, and then said I would give the ones with nothing a nice room if they proclaimed I was a great father? Would I deserve a pat on the back for that?

--

And I told my parents I wasn't Christian last night, after such a long time of waiting. Well, just go to this other forum where I posted it to see how it panned out.
Smile

http://forum.powertabs.net/viewtopic.php?t=24672&start=0
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 10:10 pm
I was going to dissect your frist post but instead I will deal with a much more simple fact.

Dealing with just these you listed.

Cobbler wrote:

1. Crite of Caldia, 1200 BC
2. Chrishna of India, 1200 BC
3. Atys, 1170 BC
4. Thammuz of Seria, 1160 BC
5. Hesus, 834 BC
6. Indra of Tibet, 725 BC
7. Bali, 725 BC
8. Alcestos, 600 BC
9. Hindoo Saki, 600 BC
10. Mithra of Persia, 600 BC
11. Quexalcote of Mexico, 587 BC
12. Wittoba, 552 BC
13. Prometheus, 547 BC
14. Quirinus of Rome, 506 BC
15. Iao of Nepal, 422 BC

These 15 must fulfill each of these parts before I will even begin to take even a 1st look at them.

1. Never claim to be God.
Jesus never claimed to be God.
You can not show me a verse where Jesus says, " I am God."
That wipes out just about all of them if not all of them.

2. Does not teach Reincarnation but Resurrection.

3. Was not born on Dec 25th.
Christians who know what they actually believe in, know that Jesus was not born on Dec 25th. The Dec 25th date was a catholic date added to the story of his birth to bring those of other pagan religious beliefs into their fold. This is fact. They have done it with many religious beliefs.

4. Fulfills every prophecy made about him.
So far Jesus has fulfilled everyone of them expect for those about his second coming.

5. Never had any more siblings that were born from God.
(The mother of each had other children -- that is children begotten by man as well as God. This her was talking about Chrishna and Christ).
Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.
The only one.

6. Sent to seek them that were lost.
Both expressed a desire to "save all. This is another statement made on a web site about Chrishna and Christ."
Luk 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save [them].

7. Is claimed to be still alive.

8. Teaches that hell is a place of fire and darkness only.
Both teach a hell of darkness and a hell of light. This again is another statment made on a web site about Chrisna and Christ.
Christ teaches that it is a place of torment and flame. And there is no light in hell.

9. This web site devoted to Chrisna also says:
Each has a purgatory or sort of half-way house.
No sorry the bible does not teach that there is a purgatory or half way point. Sorry but wrong.

10. This web site also goes on to say this.
Polygamy is not literally encouraged nor openly condemned by either.
But from the very foundation of the bible we read this.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
The bible teaches quite straight out the marriage of a man to his wife, not wifes.
My step dad's Mom and Dad had been married for so long, that when they died they died within 3 1/2 days of each other. They loved each other so much, they were one flesh, neither could exist without the other.
So me this type of teaching in ANY OF THE ABOVE 15 mentioned SO CALLED sons of god.

If any of those 15 do not fulfil all 10 points then it is quite easy to see that they are not the same. Only one of them can be "the Christ", now you must choose.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 10:13 pm
Cobbler,

I wish you every success in your new found freedom from superstition.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 10:16 pm
dadpad wrote:
Like I said, believe what you want, let others believe what they want. Religion only becomes a problem if it is forced onto someone else.

Which is where you are at cobbler.

I was about your age when I told my parents that I would now longer allow myself to be dragged along to church each sunday.

I think the key issue for you is to not force your family to accept your lack of belief. Accept that they want to believe, and that you either do not. Or that at the very least question some of the basic precepts of religion.

Perhaps you could ask your parents if they think you are an intelligent person. Ask them if they think you have a bright inquiring mind. Then tell them that you are beginning to question your faith.

Another thing you could do is explore the opportunities offered by an international student exchange program to take a break from your current situation. The benefits afforded by such an opportunity are many. Your parents may just go for it

that's probably precisely what put you on the wide and easy path to hell you currently find yourself on dadpad, your refusal to obey your parents.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 07:07 am
Cobbler

All parents have a hard time of it when their children "tear loose" from their protective bubble.

A friend of mine has a brother who's gay, and when he told his parents about it his father broke all contact, seeing it as a huge failure on his part that his son turned gay.

Why don't you try (if you haven't already) to tell your parents the reasons why you have abandoned christianity? Try to enlighten them. Also, your mother joining that forum you posted a link to might not be such a bad thing. Unless she is closed to all non-christian ideas she might actually come to understand you better by "walking the path you have walked".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 07:26 am
cobbler- I don't know your folks, so I don't know what their reactions might be if you boldly renounced your Christianity. Only you know that. At 15, you don't want to be put in a position where your parents insist that you "keep the faith". You are not of an age where you could leave home, and do what you want.

****Just read your link to the other forum. Looks like you have already spoken with your mom. It is very hard for a parent, especially a devout parent of any religion, to accept the fact that their child does not believe as they do.

If I were you, I would keep on learning, and not make a big deal of it. Tell her honestly that you want to stay away from church for "awhile", and think things through. Don't rub her face in your beliefs. Nothing positive will be accomplished, and you will simply engender more fear and hostility from her. Understand that you are rejecting something that is central to her core.

That should not stop you though, from continuing to study and learn. Every young person goes through the problem of deciding what is his relationship to the rest of the universe. When the young person's parents have narrow views, it is much more difficult, with a lot of pressures, but it can be done.
0 Replies

Cobbler

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 01:18 pm
Thanks for the replies, guys. I decided to tell her that I would like to learn about all religions on my own, starting from scratch, before I make any decision. I told her that I would rather not go to Church right now, until I find out if I'm Christian or not, because of the obvious bias our preacher has. ( Evangelical Southern-Baptist. ) And that if I'm truly searching for God/Spirituality and it doesn't lead me to Christianity, then so be it.

She took it very well, too.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 03:22 pm
You sure you're only fifteen?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 07:25 pm
Cobbler wrote:
Thanks for the replies, guys. I decided to tell her that I would like to learn about all religions on my own, starting from scratch, before I make any decision. I told her that I would rather not go to Church right now, until I find out if I'm Christian or not, because of the obvious bias our preacher has. ( Evangelical Southern-Baptist. ) And that if I'm truly searching for God/Spirituality and it doesn't lead me to Christianity, then so be it.

She took it very well, too.

Genius! No doubt your parents realise you are intelligent, if not precocious? They can't possibly object to you taking what they would be able to justify to themselves as a broader study of religion.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 10:06 pm
Cobbler- I think that you are very lucky who has a mom who is so understanding.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 10:11 pm
Phoenix, I imagine Cobbler's parents may be intelligent people too. Funny thing, genetics Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:23 pm
Cobbler wrote:
neologist wrote:
Cobbler wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:

If I were the father of 15 children, would I be considered a good father if I let 5 of them have great rooms, another 5 all share a crappy room, and the other 5 have no room at all, and then said I would give the ones with nothing a nice room if they proclaimed I was a great father? Would I deserve a pat on the back for that?

--

And I told my parents I wasn't Christian last night, after such a long time of waiting. Well, just go to this other forum where I posted it to see how it panned out.
Smile

http://forum.powertabs.net/viewtopic.php?t=24672&start=0
If that is your understanding of God's purpose, then you have not done your homework.

In fact, I suspect that much of what you have posted is cookie cut from the work of others.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 02:02 am
Hey Neo,

How are you? Long time no see!

Doing a little cherry picking on the verses there Cobbler? hehehe like the joke? Seriously, you sit there and say these things about what Christians should believe because the Bible says so and you don't even know if you are a Christian or not? Then, may I ask, what makes you an authority on what a Christian should believe or not?

Why would you consider your pastor/preacher biased? I will admit I didn't read every post in this thread so you may have touched on that and if that's the case just tell me and I'll go back through it. But, what do you expect? If you are going to believe in something then believe it. Faith is not about wavering with every wind of doctrine there is. When you find the truth you hang onto it.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 08:38 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Cobbler- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

I think that you are extremely literate for a 15 year old, and posess a great deal of knowledge that people many years your senior do not posess.

Hey I never get any compliments! But then again, I have neither the typing skill nor the patience to write more than a couple of paragraphs.

And welcome to A2K Cobbler. I'm sure as a young person you will find it dramatically increases your growth.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 01:06 pm
Everytime I see your avatar I think of Questioner. Anyone seen him lately?

I can give you a compliment! I like your avatar!
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 02:01 pm
Thanks. Who's Questioner Question
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 03:23 pm
Quote:
Cyracruz said :
You sure you're only fifteen?

Well, he also claims to have been Christian http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92867&start=50

... yet he displays a remarkable lack of knowledge about what every christian child knows - just go back and look at his comparison between religions in his original posts - Eg.

Code:2. The moment Chrishna was born, the whole cave was splendidly illuminated. :: The moment Jesus was born, there was a great light in the cave.

That list contains a lot of other stark errors regarding the beliefs of Christians.

I also did a quick google search of the first three of the other 'saviours' he listed, and could only come up with anti-christian sites, but not the source sites (not saying this part is right or wrong, just that I can't find the source sites, and one must be careful on the internet, where any unverified claim can be posted and propogated)

The inherent contradiction of claiming to have been Christian without knowing the very basics of christian beliefs....and, the scope of interest, knowledge, and articulation, which is normally well outside the bounds of childhood, seem to say to me that the poster is deceptive in relation to who and what he/she is (Perhaps this is an error in judgement on my part, but it does seem very dubious to me)
0 Replies