Wii -Virtual Console?

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 03:23 pm
What is it?

Is that some bonus feature that I just didn't realize existed?

I heard you can play OLD nintendo games through the virutal console....

I know some of you have the Wii....so tell me, what is the virtual console and will I love it??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,336 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 03:38 pm
OMG
The Wii is the greatest invention ever.

I have just researched the virtual console and find that I am extremely excited about the prospect of being able to play my old favorites again!!!!

What a great freakin' idea!

And for $20 you can purchase at the very least 2 of these retro games. At the most (NES games) you can purchase 4!

I am seriously deliriously happy about buying a Wii. Not only do you have the option to play fabulous new games, you have the option to play games you grew up on...and ones you haven't seen in years!!!
0 Replies

lionkid95

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 04:24 pm
wii
yeah i have it you hold this remote and whatever you do with the remote the guy in the tv does it comes with 5 games golf, baseball, tennis, bowling, boxing. if you get it have fun i am
0 Replies

bendragonbrown

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 03:34 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
OMG
The Wii is the greatest invention ever.

I have just researched the virtual console and find that I am extremely excited about the prospect of being able to play my old favorites again!!!!

What a great freakin' idea!

And for $20 you can purchase at the very least 2 of these retro games. At the most (NES games) you can purchase 4!

I am seriously deliriously happy about buying a Wii. Not only do you have the option to play fabulous new games, you have the option to play games you grew up on...and ones you haven't seen in years!!!

haha, you sound like a Nintendo rep.

I'd try Super Ghouls n Ghosts if I were you.
It's really good and not many people have played it.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 01:58 pm
Ghouls n Ghosts!! Dude.

Serious.

That was one of the few ARCADE games this girl grew up on. It was set up in our laundry mat at the time (yes, laundry mat ) along with Street Fighter.

Yeah, Wii rocks. Even my mom got addicted to it. I think she likes it more than I do. For sure, she does.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 01:36 pm
*sigh* I haven't played my Wii in about, oh 8 months.

I am thinking of selling it.

I mean, how often will I get to play it now that I have a baby? And by the time I do have time, there will be a completely new system out there anyway.

What do you think? Should I sell it?

I know I could sell it...there are literally hundreds, thousands of people out there looking for one and mine has been used only 10-20 times....I am just afraid to look over and not see it there. I love my Wii...... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 02:12 pm
i want it Shocked
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 02:14 pm
vulture....just circling...waiting....basking in my pain....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 03:00 pm
tweet tweet
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 04:16 pm
Wow!

Are they still that hard to come by? I've had one in my closet for a few months. Mr. B is dying to open it but I'm stashing it away for Christmas. Maybe I ought to sell it instead!

There was an article in my paper today about the "zapper" attachment that looks like a shiny white gun. People are all furious about it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 04:21 pm
Oh yeah Boomer, they are still hot hot hot.

A brand new in the box could go for as much as $500-550.

A used one could go for $300-400 easily.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 04:31 pm
Hmmmm....

I might have to think on that. Mo has expressed an interest in a Wii but it isn't something that he's just dying to have. Mr. B happened across one a while back and picked it up. We were thinking that it would be great to have for little mister energetic during our wet, dark winter but ever since Mo joined the Boy's Club he's getting lots of excercise and he's hardly ever home <sob, I miss him>.

I might scope out whether there is something he wants more.

As to you and your Wii though -- the fact that you still love all the old Nintendo games makes me think you might as well hang on to it. Eventually you'll get a chance to play it again.

How is that sweet little baby anyway?
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:31 am
I'm actually typing this on a wii.

finally, i have a use for that big box of old snes games.

btw. don't get rid of your wii. let your kid play with the wiimote (clever combination of wii and remote) babies get a huge kick out of watching the cursor go by etc.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:35 am
Actually they are $249 if you can find one. The trouble is, Nintendo also bundled a bunch of them with extra controllers and nunchucks and games, and those bundles are available but they cost $500+. Total gouging on their part. Thus, standard Wii's new in the box are going for $300+ on eBay right now.

Just wait until after Christmas. Or buy a Wii giftcard, which costs, suprise! $249.

We got ours back in October, at Target, for $249.
0 Replies