Questions About Evolution.

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:51 am
This is some questions I found at this link . http://www.heretichunter.com/dov-evochal.htm

Can any one who believes in Evolution answer them SERIOUSLY?

EVOLUTION CHALLENGE

If you believe any of the myriad evolution dogmas of the religions of humanism and atheism please take this challenge and e-mail your answers to me -- [email protected] (Please answer as thoroughly as you can.)

1. Where did the energy that formed the Cosmos come from?
A. Is this energy eternal or did it come from somewhere?
B. If it came from something/somewhere where did that come from and so on?

2. Was the formation of the galaxies and solar systems random chance or was there a guiding influence?
A. If you believe the former -- present a mathematical hypothesis.
B. If you believe the latter -- explain what that force is and where it came from.

3. Is there order to the Cosmos?
A. If you believe this explain how order comes out of chaos and present a mathematical hypothesis for your belief.
B. If you do not believe there is order to the Cosmos don't bother going any further -- you are not rational!

4. Where did the designs of the Cosmos, the galaxies and the solar systems come from?
A. Are they by-products of random chance? (Present an hypothesis.)
B. Were they created by a designer -- if so where did the designer come from, who is He and can we know Him?

5. Where did the designs of the planets come from?
A. Are they by-products of random chance? (Present an hypothesis.)
B. Were they created by a designer -- if so where did the designer come from, who is He and can we know Him?

6. Where did the designs of every organic/inorganic thing in the Cosmos come from?
A. Is everything in the Cosmos a product of blind, random chance? (Present an hypothesis.)
B. What is the probability that everything in the Cosmos is a product of random chance? (Present a statistical hypothesis.)
C. How long would it take for random chance to produce everything in the Cosmos? (Do the math!)
D. Was everything in the Cosmos designed -- if so where did the designer come from, who is He and can we know Him?

7. How many so-called evolutionary changes did it take to produce a man from the first single cell organism?
A. How long did those changes take? (List each change and the estimated time for every change.)
B. What is the probability for each change and what is the probability of all the changes taking place in the proper sequence? (Present a mathematical hypothesis.)
C. How much time is necessary for all of the random chance changes to produce everything in the Cosmos?

8. Explain the mechanism that prompts an organism to mutate.
A. Explain how that organism can function properly until the mutation is completed. (Give several specific examples and make one of them the eye.)
B. Explain how higher life forms procreated before the present method of procreation was completed. (Give several examples.)
C. Explain the mechanism that causes a creature (including man) to allegedly eliminate a body part. (Give specific examples and make the tail one of them.)

9. Explain how symbiotic life forms survived before their counterpart hooked up with them.
A. Give several examples in the plant and animal worlds.

10. Explain what kept the insect world from preventing the rise of the reptile and mammal kingdoms.
A. We know that if insects are not kept in check by mammals and reptiles they would quickly overrun the world. Explain what kept them in check before mammals and reptiles came along. Please do not offer speculations. Present hard evidence as to how insects could have been kept in check.

Has the light begun to shine? Can you see now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,941 • Replies: 89
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:00 am
If I ask you how to make squash curry, and you don't know how to make squash curry, have I proved that God makes squash curry?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:02 am
Re: Questions About Evolution.
Scott777ab wrote:
This is some questions I found at this link . http://www.heretichunter.com/dov-evochal.htm

Can any one who believes in Evolution answer them SERIOUSLY?

EVOLUTION CHALLENGE

If you believe any of the myriad evolution dogmas of the religions of humanism and atheism please take this challenge and e-mail your answers to me -- [email protected] (Please answer as thoroughly as you can.)

2. Was the formation of the galaxies and solar systems random chance or was there a guiding influence?
A. If you believe the former -- present a mathematical hypothesis.
B. If you believe the latter -- explain what that force is and where it came from.

Taking "your" first two question, I cannot imagine what they have to do with the question of whether the Theory of Evolution is correct. They appear to have no relation whatsoever. However, in the spirit of these two questions, which appear to be more on the subject of the existence of God that the topic of evolution, while you're making demands for evidennce, why don't you furnish some evidence that a God exists.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:17 am
Quote:
C. How much time is necessary for all of the random chance changes to produce everything in the Cosmos?

As much time as the Cosmos has existed.

Any point in time is the result of all the time that went before it. The Cosmos is not a static entity. It is always changing.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:24 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
why don't you furnish some evidence that a God exists.

I know that taking all those question together show that he has to exist.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:25 am
patiodog wrote:
If I ask you how to make squash curry, and you don't know how to make squash curry, have I proved that God makes squash curry?

Squash Curry

Ingredients

Butternut Squash - a medium piece
Green gram - 1 cup
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 2 cloves
Cumin-1 tsp
Chilly powder- as spicy as you wish.
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

For Seasoning:-

Oil, Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds & Curry leaves.

Method:-

1. Peel off the outer skin of the butternut squash & cut it into cube like pieces.
2. Cook Green gram & butternut squash with three cups of water in a pressure - cooker at medium heat till four whistles comeout from the cooker.
3. Grind the coconut with cuminseeds, garlic, chilly powder & turmeric powder till it forms a semi smooth paste.
4. In a pan, first Season the ingredients except curry leaves mentioned above in "for seasoning". When Mustard splutters add the cooked greengram with butternut squash & coconut paste. Mix them well & add salt as desired. When the curry starts to boil add the curryleaves which is cut into pieces. Remove the pan from the heat after the curry boils for few minutes.

Your squash curry is ready to serve! Happy cooking!
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:26 am
parados wrote:
Quote:

Any point in time is the result of all the time that went before it. The Cosmos is not a static entity. It is always changing.

Nice evasion of the question.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:28 am
Quote:
7. How many so-called evolutionary changes did it take to produce a man from the first single cell organism?
Quote:

A. How long did those changes take? (List each change and the estimated time for every change.)
1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,
estimated time for each change 100 nanosecond

You didn't ask for the time between each change.
Quote:

B. What is the probability for each change and what is the probability of all the changes taking place in the proper sequence?
100%

If something has occurred the likelyhood that it did occur is 100%.

Quote:

(Present a mathematical hypothesis.)

If an integer n is greater than 2, then an + bn = cn has no solutions in non-zero integers a, b, and c.

Feel free to disprove any of my answers.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:31 am
Scott777ab wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:

Nice evasion of the question.

Prove it is an evasion by ..

1. Proving that the cosmos is not changing
2. Proving that the cosmos has existed a different length of time than its beginning to that given point in time.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:42 am
Quote:
If an integer n is greater than 2, then an + bn = cn has no solutions in non-zero integers a, b, and c.

You're kidding, right?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:48 am
Scott777ab wrote:

I have no reason to assume that the Cosmos was formed in the first place. If it was formed, I have no reason to assume that energy was necessary to form it. Thus, because I have no reason to believe that the premise of your question is true, it is logically impossible for me to answer your question. (If that sounds like a cop-out to you, consider that it would be impossible for me to answer the question: "Did you stop beating your wife yet". I have no wife to beat, so the premise of the question is false.)

Scott777ab wrote:

To stay within your nomenclature, there were two guiding influence: gravity and inertia, both acting on the mass of the atoms galaxies were formed from. I have no reason to believe that gravity and inertia came from anywhere, nor why they should.

Scott777ab wrote:
3. Is there order to the Cosmos?
A. If you believe this explain how order comes out of chaos and present a mathematical hypothesis for your belief.

Yes there is order in the cosmos. In the early history of the universe there were random variations in the distribution of kinetic energy among the atoms flying around. Gravity acted on the particles, leading to self-amplifying inhomogenity in the distribution of mass in the universe. Eventually, mass ended up being concentrated in only a few places. This is a paragraph length summary of what takes an article or a book to explain properly. If you are seriously interested in this stuff, I recommend searching Google or Amazon for "Galaxy formation".

Scott777ab wrote:
4. Where did the designs of the Cosmos, the galaxies and the solar systems come from?

C. Gravity and inertia, acting at an initially random distribution of mass and velocity.

Scott777ab wrote:
5. Where did the designs of the planets come from?

Basically by the same forces that formed galaxies. (See above.)

Scott777ab wrote:
6. Where did the designs of every organic/inorganic thing in the Cosmos come from?

Natural selection, which is a supremely non-random process.
A. No, not everything in the Cosmos is a product of chance -- and neither biologists nor astronomers claim that it is.

B. The probability of everything in the cosmos is a product of chance is essentially zero -- as astronomers and biologists will freely acknoldedge.

C. I cannot write down how long it would take random chance to produce everything in the cosmos, because I'd die of old age before I'd finished writing all the decimal places before the comma. But it's a meaningless number, because neither inertia, nor gravity, nor natural selection, are forces of random chance.

D. I don't know if everything in the Cosmos was designed, and I suspect it's unknowable. But nothing I know about the cosmos requires an intelligent designer who created it.

Scott777ab wrote:

Billions. A. Too many to list them all. B. I don't know the probability of each change; because changes can happen in parallel, there is no sequence, let alone a proper sequence -- your question is based on a false assumption here. C. Because gazillions of individual changes can happen in parallel, the 10-20 billions of years we had since the big bang are enough to explained why we exist, and why the things we observe exist with us.

Scott777ab wrote:
8. Explain the mechanism that prompts an organism to mutate.
A. Explain how that organism can function properly until the mutation is completed. (Give several specific examples and make one of them the eye.)

I don't know what you mean by "the mutation is completed".

[quote"Scott777ab"] B. Explain how higher life forms procreated before the present method of procreation was completed. (Give several examples.)
C. Explain the mechanism that causes a creature (including man) to allegedly eliminate a body part. (Give specific examples and make the tail one of them.) [/quote]

Scott777ab wrote:
9. Explain how symbiotic life forms survived before their counterpart hooked up with them.
A. Give several examples in the plant and animal worlds.

These questions go way beyond what I can answer in one post. Several good books on evolution answer them, among which my favorite is John Maynard Smith: The Origins of Life.

Scott777ab wrote:
10. Explain what kept the insect world from preventing the rise of the reptile and mammal kingdoms.

Why should any species prevent the rise of any other species from rising?

Scott777ab wrote:
A. We know that if insects are not kept in check by mammals and reptiles they would quickly overrun the world.

No we don't.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:04 am
Scott777ab wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

1. How do the questions themselves prove that God exists?

2. Why do you refer to God as "he"?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:35 am
wandeljw wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

According to the rules of writing if the gender is not know the word "he" is acceptable.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:39 am
He he I am really loving how everyone so far is only answering parts of each question to make them selves LOOK intelligent while totally IGNORING other parts.

ANSWER THEM ALL OR DON"T ANSWER AT ALL.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:43 am
Scott777ab wrote:
wandeljw wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

According to the rules of writing if the gender is not know the word "he" is acceptable.

Gender applies to biological organisms.

Do you have an answer for question #1?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:49 am
wandeljw wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
wandeljw wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Do you have an answer for question #1?

This was question #1.
It had two parts.

First off I do not believe in evolution.
So
1. There was no energy. God created everything.
A. Refer to 1
B. Refer to 1

EDIT ON B.
God is self existing and has always existed.

I sort of like this saying:

Arcoms razor= the simplest answers can be the right answers.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:52 am
wandeljw wrote:

Says who?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:53 am
It's Occam's razor, ace.

And "I believe in God" is not an answer to anything beyond "Do you believe in God?"

As far as that being the simplest answer, I'm afraid that, whomever's razor you use, you're deluding yourself on that one. Which god, for instance? How did you come to believe in this god and not some other god? Why do you specify only one God? Since you demand explanations of origins, where did this God come from? How did you come to know about this God? Have you seen any physical evidence of this God?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:56 am
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 10:58 am
You still haven't explained how the questions themselves prove the existence of God, Scott.
0 Replies