Deju Vu all over again: Another biopsy

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 10:29 pm
Cool, re your doc, CI....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 06:04 am
Marty--

Best guess is that the lump is filled with fluid. The PET scan showed no signs of burgeoning activity. The MRI was inconclusive because of interference from the metal rods in my femurs.

I'm glad to have your corroboration about the Path Lab times. This guy seems hellbent on eroding my faith and trust. I'm seeing my internist this week and intend to ask some question.

Was there any time in your Conference Weekend for a bit of frivolity?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 09:58 am
Noddy,

The conference is an annual national meeting. Some people even come from outside of the states. The doctors have meetings seperate from the technologists and nurses but we pretty much share the same speakers. Fortunately the conference is in Seattle this year so I'm able to drive in from home, however, our physicians asst. had a hotel room for the weekend and we shared. Vendors try to take their customers to dinners and some companies had big receptions so Friday night was a big party night.

I had a brush with fame too. I rode the elevator in my hotel with Lt. Brass from Vegas CSI and passed Tom Arnold in the lobby!

Quite the weekend!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:01 pm
Marty---

I hope you felt like a glamorous, intelligent adult in a world of adults.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:22 pm
Noddy, glad to hear the update and relieved to think that it might be fluid (fingers, toes, legs, eyes crossed).

Also, what's with all this metal stuff inside you ... camera bits, metal femurs .... are you .... the bionic woman?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 01:32 pm
Heeven--

Bionic?

Just a woman genetically doomed to wander the Grontiers of Modern Medicine.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:38 pm
Phew!!! Chiming in with the others with a sigh of relief and more flowers :-D

http://www.free-pictures-photos.com/flowers/flowers-02.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:41 pm
Sorry about the stretching of the page, but I needed flowers big enough for a woman who's bigger than life :-D

(((((((((((Noddy)))))))))))

CI, so glad you're ok as well :-D
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:05 pm
The blood in my urine was much lighter yesterday, and it's now clear. It usually takes 2-3 days, so I was a "normal" patient. I'll be seeing the doc to get the results of the biopsy on Monday.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:09 pm
My best wishes heading your way, CI!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:11 pm
Montana--

I like the compliment even more than the roses, and I love the roses.

Thank you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:12 pm
I have some flowers for you as well, CI. These ones are more on the manly side ;-)

http://weblog.bluedonkey.org/photos/flowers.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:15 pm
Montana, I've always loved sunflowers. Thank you. T.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:17 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Montana--

I like the compliment even more than the roses, and I love the roses.

Thank you.

You're very welcome. I think very highly of you, so compliments come easy when they're headed your way.

I'm glad you like the roses, as well. They're my favorite and I'm sure I don't stand alone ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:19 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Montana, I've always loved sunflowers. Thank you. T.

And you're very welcome. I love sunflowers to and I'm glad you like them. I think I'm going to plant some this summer and I'll be sure to take pics if I do ;-)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:58 pm
Jeez, those roses are lovely!

Hang in, Noddy!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:06 pm
Thanks, Margo.

My system is starting to relax now.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:07 am
The doc told me this morning I have prostate cancer. He took nine samples, and three shows cancer. He recommended radiation therapy for my cancer, because of my age. He has to implant three gold chips into my prostate to give a target for the radiation which will take seven weeks, five days a week, and a hormone treatment that'll leave me impotent. Since my older brother also had prostate cancer, I guess it runs in the family. The doc gave me a booklet to read, "Prostate Cancer, Treatment Guidelines for Patients" produced by the American Cancer Society and National Comprehensive Cancer Network.

I begin my therapy in two to three months.

I hope this information is helpful.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:23 am
CI, I am so sorry to hear that. All my best to you.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:33 am
O sht, c.i. We are sorry to hear that. All the very best from Ull and me!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:39:10