Deju Vu all over again: Another biopsy

Lash

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 12:31 pm
<watusi of positivity and support>
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 12:49 pm
Here. Waiting. Listening.

Sorry, Noddy, I did see this thread earlier and am thinking of you.
Ain't got much to say, but will be patrolling this thread.

Flowers

http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000GJP1M2.01-A8TPO53S0LOTT._SCMZZZZZZZ_V64387797_.jpg

Tea, something strong, or both

http://shinshu.fm/MHz/55.00/images/cFPjhviy.jpg

Ya wants me to sic the goons on those doctors? A little motivation to get them moving already?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 03:43 pm
JPB, soz, Swimpy, Boomer, O'Bill, Cyphercat, ehBeth, George, Walter, Lash, Flushed--

Thank you all for your good wishes. Unfortunately there isn't a lot to report, but what news there is is good.

We drove down in torrential rains. These were Mr. Noddy's boyhood haunts so he insisted on taking the back roads. /because of the rain and the stress he got lost three times and I was 25 minutes late in checking in.

I have elusive veins. There was the usual trouble drawing blood and a great deal of extra trouble getting the IV in.

The Radiologist--whom I liked very much--explained that there was no chance of getting a biopsy needle in from the front, but if I went bottoms up through the CT scanner, he'd see whether he could find a window.

He couldn't. He did get a view of the lump that no one else has. In his opinion the lump looks like a cyst that formed around post-op debris from my radical hysterectomy twenty years ago. His advice now that a base line is established is to wait for three or four months and check it with another CT scan.

The scan also turned up two mysterious pieces of metal in the colon--which may be the capsule endoscopy cameras that vanished months ago.

The Gastric man will be getting back in the act.

Furthermore I found out that "The Path Lab always takes 7-10 working days" was a....fabrication....highly individual view...something.... The Path Lab takes 3-5 days to deliver biopsy results.

I hate being lied to and when someone tells me stupid lies I take the lying very personally and very vindictively.

Perhaps by the time the specialized surgeon comes back from vacation, I'll be calmed down.

Meanwhile, thank all of you for your kind words, warm thoughts and prayers. Since an absolute plan of action is still up in the air, I may be returning to his thread to kvetch and whine and bemoan my unhappy lot.

I'm a little teary right now, thinking about the kindness of your support.

Thank you again.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 03:50 pm
(Sigh of relief and hoping he's right about the post op cyst.)

Try to relax. The tea flushd offered above should do you some good. Take it with one lump and a cucumber sandwich and you'll be feling a lot better.

(Another sigh of relief)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 03:55 pm
Well, that's not bad at all.

Now I can go to bed.

(Seems for me to be still a long time you´'ll have to wait for the biopsy results.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 03:56 pm
Oh my goodness.

(Say the word and we'll be there to teach those lying so-and-so's a lesson...)

Post-op debris/ cyst sounds encouraging.

Are the missing cameras a problem? As in, if that's what the metal is (and really, what other reason would there be for unidentified metal objects floating around in there?), do they need to be taken out?

And could they be responsible for reasons you've seen gastric man in the past? (As in, could getting them out solve those problems?)

I'm getting ahead of myself, though. For now:

Glad that what news there is is good, and that you have a baseline to check against in 3 or 4 months.

Big hugs.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 03:58 pm
I'm glad for the good part of the news, but sorry you'll have to wait so
long for the next scan. Treat yourself nice tonight!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 03:58 pm
Squinney--

I'm sipping a little green tea as I type. You have good recommendations.

Walter--

The needle biopsy wasn't possible, so I don't have to wait for results. I'm guessing that there are some doctors who can demand results STAT in crisis situations. I'm all jangled about my lump, but I can't work myself up to muttering "Matter of Life or Death".

Sweet dreams.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:04 pm
Hi Noddy, I'm going in for a prostate ultrasound and biopsy today, because my PSA was very high at 9.5 and 8.0. I was scheduled for later this month, but had to cancel my first appointment because I'll be out of the country. The urology department at Kaiser is very busy, and they're backed up about 2-3 months. My doctor insisted I get the biopsy before I leave on vacation, so somehow Kaiser was able to reschedule me for today with a follow-up appointment on March 12.

For those who might go through this procedure should know the following info. 1) Stop taking aspirin ten days before and after the biopsy, and 2) You need to give yourself a FLEET enema 2-4 hours before the appointment.

I'll report back when I learn the outcome.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:22 pm
Lord love a duck, torrential rains. Well, I was thinking of you when you were on the way there, but I had you in place already...

I'm inclined to be firmly hopeful here; that radiologist sounds sharp.
My experience with path reports is three days, long enough, for sure.
As it is, maybe you won't have to be dealing with that surgeon brat.

Breathe out, breathe in....
look around for your dominion...

I'm happy about the way it went, except for the phlebotomy excruciation. Fie!

Rest... treat yourself to something wonderful, perhaps several times.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:23 pm
Soz--

The metal in the colon is "interesting" rather than "urgent". For the last several years I've been having increasingly inconvenient and uncomfortable intestinal symptoms--hence the Gastric man (who provided the cameras) and the original scan two months ago.

At least I know the metal isn't a genetic quirk.

George--

This weekend will be restorative. Further I'm planning getaways to NYC and possible to Boston. BE Warned.

CI--

I hope your luck in scheduling is continued with favorable biopsy results.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:25 pm
C.I., eeeeek! You take care of yourself too! Let us know, but of course you will. Hugs to you both.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:28 pm
Noddy, I've been wondering where my mother's ring had gotten to...

Interesting about the metal bits. Not so sure you in particular should pay for further checking them out (or if they do harm, they might not).
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:38 pm
Hey, Noddy, add me to your supporting cast!!! And you too, C.I.!!! Hope the news is as good as it gets for both of you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:40 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Soz--

The metal in the colon is "interesting" rather than "urgent". For the last several years I've been having increasingly inconvenient and uncomfortable intestinal symptoms--hence the Gastric man (who provided the cameras) and the original scan two months ago.

At least I know the metal isn't a genetic quirk.

Ah, so the cameras came after the symptoms?

Too bad, would be nice if getting them out would solve everything.

Having them there can't exactly help, though...!

Good luck, C.I.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:41 pm
Chiming in late, but chiming in, Noddy. If hope and good wishes and good vibes are worth anything, you should be just fine.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:41 pm
Waiting sucks! So does being lied to. My guess is that the surgeon wanted to give himself a buffer and gave you the long end of the reporting window so that you wouldn't bug him for results (jerk).

I'm glad your situation isn't urgent, but waiting still sucks.

CI, please do let us know how things turn out. I'll start sending my positive thinking vibes westward.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:54 pm
Glad you're back and the news sounds promising. Now get thee into a hot bath post haste! Soak and drink hot tea until the trials of the day are merely faint memories.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:51 pm
Osso--

Thanks for getting up early to worry.

The metal bits don't belong inside my curly guts, but conceivably they might be responsible for some of my intestinal cramping.

I know there is One Concise Latin words for telling the future by inspecting the entrails of sacrificial animals. Livers have as many configurations as faces.

If you're looking for an omen in the 'umbles you're going to find omens. If you take a high-tech, high-resolution medical scan you're going to find variations on the human theme, most of which have no significance, but if you spend your life examining innards, variations are very interesting and not necessarily urgent at all.

Kicky--

Come June at the A2K gathering, I'm counting on your gallant arm as well as your present good wishes.

Soz--

I've been developing interesting symptoms since I had massive doses of radiation 20 years ago. The cameras were an attempt to find a hypothetical intestinal bleeding tumor that would account for my bouts of frequent anemia. Keep in mind I swallowed them almost a year ago--and they should have been long gone.

Of course, "cameras" is a guess--I haven't knowingly swallowed two other chunks of metal recently.

Foxfyre--

You're not late. You're in time for the Bright Thoughts and Silver Linings. Thank you for your vibes. All Good Will is helpful.

JPB--

The surgeon will be out of town until March 12. Rather than have a partner--or my own oncologist--call me with the results, he wanted to be King of the Hill. This is the man I had a rather ugly run-in with on my first visit; the man who gave me the most painful internal exam I've ever had and the man whose office didn't send the necessary records to the hospital early this week.

Unfortunately he's also supposed to be the best gyn-oncologist surgeon in the area.

Swimpy--

I'm in my nightgown, I have a trashy fantasy novel to finish and I'm debating whether my nightcap will be Vodak and Tonic or Wild Turkey and branch water.

Nearly forgot! Wonderful part of the day was being allowed to take my trashy paperback down to the Radiology department with me. I didn't have to lie there and dither--I had a good book for escape.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:52 pm
A qualified professional saying wait 3 months and we'll have another look beats the snot out anything urgent. Great news. Take care of you.
You too, C.I.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 11:12:20