Deju Vu all over again: Another biopsy

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:57 pm
Well, I'm home. The ultrasound and biopsy was very, very uncomfortable, and I have blood in my urine, semen, and bowel for the next few days. I was prescribed antibiotics for the next two days. I will also have blood in my semen for the next six to eight weeks.

Now, the good news. The urologist told me my PSA is not that high, and the prostate was very small. I will see him on March 12 for my follow-up appointment to tell me how the biopsy came out.

Thanks for your concern, but the moderate pain I have is tolerable. The nurse told me I could take Tylenol if I wanted for the pain.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:01 pm
CI--

Good news.

Now you can pack with a clear conscience.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:06 pm
<sigh> Now we can all relax.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:09 pm
Glad to see everyone's home again.

Metal bits? It's a weird weird world.

~~~~~~~

I'm having a nice beer stein full of Celestial Seasoning Chai Mountain ... a toast to all !
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:17 pm
Ive been checking in on this thread since you started it Noddy and I didnt want to post because of personal superstitions that go back years. Im glad that you and CI seem to be having good news. Ive got pieces of glass and metal in my innards and it always interferes with any GI work.
Happy that all is good. (Privately held yer dominion)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:19 pm
Waves in relief, CI. Relax now, babe.
Glad for the news.

Noddy, I'd rather you see anyone but that surgeon - I think, and I speak as someone who likes my surgeon - and maybe that gastroenterologist, (though the metal bits might not be his personal fault. Still.... isn't there procedure where you account for items?)

Will get back to you on that by pm. But enough for today.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:35 pm
Noddy's a cyborg!

Glad the day is over and that the news is good. Hate the waiting stuff and that you don't like the doctor so much.

Trashy novels are a great way to pass time. Enjoy yours!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:38 pm
Glad to hear the good news about Noddy and C.I. Both of you need to rest and relax. Being tested, poked, prodded, and pierced is physically and emotionally exhausting even when the results are good.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:42 pm
Great news, c.i.! I hope your biopsy is negative, too.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:27 pm
Thank you, everybody! WOW, you're all great! While the doctor was talking to me before I went into the exam room, he told me that my PSA wasn't that high, so I told him he was trying to relax me! LOL He was pretty good about telling me what to expect during the exam, and what he was doing all along. He took about eight biopsies; it gives out a clicking sound with each one. I asked the nurse how many with my PSA turned out okay, but she said she didn't have that kind of info.

Thanks again for all your concern and good wishes. T.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:42 pm
Margo--

Relax away! And thank you.

EhBeth--

Metal bits are better than shotgun pellets.

Farmerman--

Thanks for the quiet good wishes. The tricky part is that the metal seems to be inside the intestines. Most peculiar.

Boomer--

I am not a cyborg. I'm a half-breed elvin matron.

Roberta--

...the tumult and the shouting dies....

I'm not sure about the humble and contrite part, but I'm celebrating a joyous medical intermission.

Swimpy--

As one venerable crone to another, many thanks.

C.I.--

Sound effects during a physical can be most tantalizing.

Again, many thanks to all.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:36 pm
Continued well wishes from me, too, Noddy (and CI).

The waiting period isn't nice, but what is one to do? It really is at times like this that one realizes how much trial and error, and wait and see, etc, is tied up in our medicine.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:45 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Furthermore I found out that "The Path Lab always takes 7-10 working days" was a....fabrication....highly individual view...something.... The Path Lab takes 3-5 days to deliver biopsy results.

I hate being lied to and when someone tells me stupid lies I take the lying very personally and very vindictively.

Perhaps by the time the specialized surgeon comes back from vacation, I'll be calmed down.

I'd slap the well-rested sucker. I really would. In fact, give me his address, and I'll come do it myself. You need to rest.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:58 pm
Hey, C.I.! Sorry you had to go through it, but I'm very happy to hear the outcome. I hope you give yourself a chance to rest a little before you hit the road again. Where are you going next?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:09 pm
Here's some more flowers for Noddy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/Sept05BaliandSingapore283.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:16 pm
Hi Eva, I'm off to South America/Buenos Aires on March 14 to hop on a boat for a 24 day cruise to Barcelona. Will be gone for 28 days on this trip, then after returning on April 11, will be off again to the Balkans from Albania to Bulgaria for a 15 day tour on April 16 to May 3.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 12:17 am
That's good, CI, but not of immediate application for Noddy, who is home - after biopsy - taking care of her husband. Not to be curt, but some of us survive different lives.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 05:56 am
Eva wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:
Furthermore I found out that "The Path Lab always takes 7-10 working days" was a....fabrication....highly individual view...something.... The Path Lab takes 3-5 days to deliver biopsy results.

I hate being lied to and when someone tells me stupid lies I take the lying very personally and very vindictively.

Perhaps by the time the specialized surgeon comes back from vacation, I'll be calmed down.

I'd slap the well-rested sucker. I really would. In fact, give me his address, and I'll come do it myself. You need to rest.

I'll help. Then we can go out for a nice lunch afterwards. Who's comin'?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 06:51 am
Reyn--

The good, old family doctor could listen to your heart and lungs, recommend plenty of fluids and bed rest and assure you that you'd be fit as a fiddle in a few days.

Low tech. No waiting.

No miracles of modern medicine, either.

Eva--

Thanks for your offer. I'm doing a lot of thinking about grand gestures and cutting off my nose to spite my face.

CI--

The flowers are beautiful. Thank you. Your travel schedule is also beautiful and I'm exceedingly green-eyed about it.

Osso--

Love you. We all survive different lives, but we're also all sitting in Death's Waiting Room and the Grim Reaper keeps an implacable schedule.

Jes--

The idea of you and Eva forming a posse of Outraged Women warms the cockles of my heart and the marrow of my bones. You may use my best jawbone of an ass.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 10:02 am
I have missed some details, I haven't checked in for a couple days! Am reading up and it seems that we have some very good news about both Noddy and CI, yes?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 11:25:42