I Want My Own Thread About ME!

caribou

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:51 pm
You are doing a great job, squinney!
Loving it!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 06:57 pm
Sometimes Mom and my new Dad would make us hide under the bed. That was where the cat pee smelled the worst. We didn't like it, but we did it. Later, I found out that when we had to do that it was because my real Dad had come to visit and I think he wanted to take us with him.

Somehow we ended up living in a black and white trailer in a trailer park for a short time. I think it was in Texas, too. I still wasn't in school, but I remember the trailer. My room was the first one as you enter the hall from the living room.

One day I was told to take a nap. I went into my room and got on my bed but I wasn't tired at all. I heard my Mom leave to go to the store. My brother and sister were outside playing and I knew they were having fun while I was not tired, so I snuck out to play with them. When I saw the car coming I tried to run across to the trailer and get in my bed and pretend I was asleep, but my Mom saw me. I got in trouble.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:02 pm
Great thread, squinney!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:05 pm
Re: I Want My Own Thread About ME!
squinney wrote:
Everybody look at ME!

It's ME!

A thread all for ME, and about ME and just ALL ME!

This made me grin BIG!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:18 pm
My real Dad came one day while we were under the bed again. I could hear him saying things loudly but couldn't hear his words. Mom was crying when she came in the room.

My Dad had a big four door car that was pea green. I got to sit in the middle. There was a woman with him that was tall and had black hair. She seemed really nice. We drove for a long time, but to help make it go faster my real Dad taught us a song that goes like this:

Two little children, a boy an' a girl
Sat by the ol' church door
The little girls feet were as brown as the curl
That fell on the dress that she wore
The boys coat was faded and hatless his head
A tear shown in each little eye
Why don't you run home to your Mamma, I said
An' this was the maidens reply

Mamma's in Heaven, they took her away
Left Jim an' I all alone
We came here to stay till the close of the day
For we have no Mamma, no home
We cain't earn our bread, we're too little, she said
Jim five an' I only seven
There's no one to love us since Papa is gone
An' our darling Mamma is in heaven

Papa was lost out on the sea, long ago
We waited all night, on the shore
For he was a life saving captain, you know
But 'e never came back anymore
Then, Mamma got sick, angels took her away
They said, to a home fair and bright
She said, she would come for her darlings sometime
Perhaps she is coming tonight

Perhaps there's no room up in Heaven, she said
For two little darlings to keep
She then placed her hand under Jims little head
She kissed him, and both fell asleep
The sexton came early to ring the church bell
He found them under the snow white
The angels made room for two orphans, to dwell
In Heaven, with Mother that night

That made me cry, so he sang "You are my Sunshine" instead. After a while I made him sing the song about the little girl again so we could learn it since he said his grandma had sung it to him when he was a boy.

My Dad had a big felt cowboy hat and smoked a lot so I couldn't really think of him being a boy.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:35 pm
Oooohhh, I hadn't gotten to the stories yet. I'll sit quiet and just read along. Fabulous stuff!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:56 pm
Geez, it's not flagging yet. Fabulous. (I was kidding about the copying and pasting, was just another way of saying "WOW!")
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:06 pm
We stayed at a great big hotel that night when my Dad got tired of driving and singing. I could tell he was gettin tired cause he kept taking off his hat, scratchin' his head with the same hand as was still holdin' the cowboy hat, and then puttin it back on and adjusting it until it had just the right tilt. That seemed to be keeping him awake.

We stayed in the big hotel for at least another day and played in the pool. I couldn't swim, so my real Dad put me on his shoulders and walked way down into the deep end until the water was up to my waist. I thought he was really strong and brave for doing that since he couldn't breath under water. When he took a break, I did too and we shared a chair that reclined.

My new Mom didn't get in the water. She had her hair done real nice, but I don't think that was why.

When we got to our new house my new Mom had a baby that I think was waiting there. Her name was Lori and she was too little to sit up so my Dad helped me hold her. I liked her cause she smiled a lot and had pretty eyes. They said she was my sister.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:08 pm
Reyn wrote:
Well? So when do we get to hear about all the juicy bits about you?

I was gonna make some flip remark about seeing em instead, but now that Im reading along Im discovering that this is actually a really sweet thread, or a cool thread anyway, very.. very good. <nods>
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:11 pm
I'm lovin' it, too, and squinney is a delightful name.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:16 pm
yuep - listening and enjoying! Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:35 pm
What I find surprising about this thread is after reading squinney's stories one is able to determine her character to a degree and I believe her to be a genuinely decent human being, the kind of person I would be proud to call my friend.

How did she end up with Bear? What sin did she commit somewhere down the line that would have justified that sort of heavenly retribution.

Waiting anxiously for that part.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:43 pm
We weren't in the brick house very long before moving to the big white one with the horse barn and pastures. I shared a room with my oldest sister, and my brother was across the hall again but this time he had fish.

Sabrina and I had matching white twin beds, a dresser and chest for our clothes, and... a dressing table with a little padded bench! That's where we would sit to brush our hair cause Dad said we had to brush a hundred strokes every night even though I couldn't count that high. My sister helped me, but we never cheated cause we liked sitting on the bench in front of the mirror.

Lori was downstairs next to Dad and my new Mom. We had to be quiet when we got up for school even though my new Mom made a lot of noise with the dishes.

My new Mom made us take red vitamins with our Captain Crunch. I didn't like the 1 A Day vitamins and I really didn't like Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries. I would put the vitamin in my mouth and then spit it in the toilet when I went up to brush my teeth. One day I came home from kindergarten and my new Mom took me to the bathroom upstairs. She said I have to take my vitamins. There were a bunch of them in the toilet. They don't flush.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:46 pm
Great stories, squinney!

Do continue, (and ignore gustav)!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 08:47 pm
My new Mom made us take red vitamins with our Captain Crunch.

Isn't that like applying salve when you are on fire?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 09:21 pm
I do believe, that this is, one of the finest theads to grace the pages of A2K.

No ****.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 09:37 pm
I spent a good bit of time in the mullberry tree that sat just at the front corner of the pasture, where my new Mom could still see me from the kitchen window. I never got sick from eating what seemed like every berry on the tree. Sometimes I finished up in the mullberry and headed over to the apple tree, but those were only good when they were really small and green.

The horse barn had a little office attached that you could enter from the driveway. I liked going into the barn that way so I could see Dad first. One day Dad told me to be careful cause some battery acid had accidently been spilled on the concrete right in front of the door.He said acid could eat your skin. After that I went in a different way until I got the idea that I could jump over it. That scared me the first time, but afterwards I felt really brave. When Lori was with me I held her hand so it wouldn't eat her.

One day my new Mom was cutting the grass with the riding mower and my brother kept running behind her. She told him to stop cause the fumes would make him faint, so he kept trying to get closer and smell the fumes on purpose. That was making her really mad. Then he fainted.

In the winter we built a great snowman.

When I was in kindergarten and my birthday came around my new Mom bought little pinwheel shortbread cookies that had a dot of red jelly in the middle. I told Mrs. Wheeler I had cookies to pass out to the class cause it was my birthday. At the end of the day she said I could pass them out before the bell rang and Sally said could she help cause she had an apron on her dress. Mrs. Wheeler said yes. I never liked Sally.

Larry and Leonard saved me a swing every day at recess. Sometimes Leonard would look sad if I chose the one Larry saved and same with Larry when I went the other way. One day I said they should save the same one so we didn't take up so many swings.

I was in first grade the first time I saw the principal IN his office. Larry and Leonard decided we chould have a contest to see who could throw a rock and make it go through the chainlink fence. I never thought about it might hit a car or something. The principal believed me and my new Mom came and picked me up cause I was not feeling well.

Barbara was the first person I ever saw throw up. She sat in front of me and we were doing our reading lesson. I was waiting to take my assignment to the teacher next, as soon as the other two kids in line finished and just as I got up she did it. I didn't like the way it made her face look and that it made her cry.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 10:01 pm
Good night.

More tomorrow.

Sweet dreams. Kiss Kiss. Don't let the bedbugs bite.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 10:06 pm
G'night, squinney.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 10:31 pm
Quote:

One day my new Mom was cutting the grass with the riding mower and my brother kept running behind her. She told him to stop cause the fumes would make him faint, so he kept trying to get closer and smell the fumes on purpose. That was making her really mad. Then he fainted.

HA! Sounds like a classic!

Good night, thanks for the Bio!
0 Replies