What is the first movie you cried at?

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:22 pm
I have to admit even with my mean appearance, I am a crier at movies even kiddie movies. Up until last night I have not seen my daughters cry no matter how sad a movie. Well it happened she finally cried. It was "Flicker". I think my first movie I cried at was "Lady and the Tramp", which was also the first movie I saw. I've been crying since.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,038 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Chai

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:26 pm
OMG, Dumbo.....when they played "Baby Mine" and the mama could hardly reach Dumbo with her trunk.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:38 pm
I know Bambi left me in tears--or was that the raw onions I was eating?

Of course I also cried on and off throughout Carousel (I also fell asleep just about the time Biily Bigelow died on his knife) but I'm not sure if I saw Bambi before or after that movie.

Let's see... so far we have: Dumbo, Lady and The Tramp and Bambi--that Disney fellow sure had a way of charming children.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:41 pm
Sturgis wrote:
I know Bambi left me in tears--or was that the raw onions I was eating?

Of course I also cried on and off throughout Carousel (I also fell asleep just about the time Biily Bigelow died on his knife) but I'm not sure if I saw Bambi before or after that movie.

Let's see... so far we have: Dumbo, Lady and The Tramp and Bambi--that Disney fellow sure had a way of charming children.

None of them have made my children cry. It took Flicker to make my 8 year old cry.

As an adult, I cried at Beauty and the Beast - granted I was pregnant so I was an emotional wreck any way.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:43 pm
Bambi was the first movie that I ever saw. I cried my little eyes out when Bambi's mother was killed!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:44 pm
Old Yeller.
Dang that Walt!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:51 pm
Yes, Old Yeller did it for me too (and I've seen it only a few years ago).
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:56 pm
At first I thought it was Bambi, but on further reflection, it was Old Yeller when the real tears started falling.

Disney knew how to wrench a heart.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:08 pm
What! No one cried at Snow White!

I balled my tears out when those mean dwarfs killed that kindly Queen.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:11 pm
I'm thinking the first movie I remember seeing was Herbie the Love Bug. Knowing ME ( Laughing ) that one probably made me cry.

Old Yeller did for sure!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:16 pm
Chai wrote:
OMG, Dumbo.....when they played "Baby Mine" and the mama could hardly reach Dumbo with her trunk.

That has got to be the worst childrens movie moment ever.

It is SO sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:17 pm
No tears at "Mary Poppins". None at "The Sound of Music". I honestly cannot remember the first movie I cried over at the theatre but I vividly remember watching "Splendor in the Grass" on TV when I was about fifteen or sixteen and crying for three whole days. What happened between Bud and Deenie just wrecked me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:22 pm
True Grit did it for me. Or any John Wayne movie as far as that goes. That man's acting would bring me to tears every time.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 08:16 am
my first

Embarrassed La Bamba...
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 03:32 pm
I have NO IDEA!! I do remember crying at The Notebook but that is clearly not my first...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 04:27 pm
That's really difficult to remember but I believe it was "The Yearling."
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:43 pm
"Old Yeller."

I really loved that dog.

In case you didn't know, men prefer not to watch it with women because we ALL cry at the end.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:47 pm
lw, To this day, I can't even think about The Yearling without getting all teary eyed. I'm such a softy.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:03 pm
Dumbo or Bambi, not sure which.

Yeah, that scene in Dumbo is a killer...I think I'll call my mom right now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:05 pm
We showed Bambi at our house, an odd circumstance re my father's job, I think we showed it once and he brought the film back...
but that I wept and wept.

The main item I remember losing it about was Lassie Come Home, the book, not the movie, and probably before that, Black Beauty. the book.
0 Replies