Vivien

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 01:54 pm
Smile jln - impressed!
0 Replies

zincwhite

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 10:20 pm
Hands
Very Happy
I have had "aged" hands since I was 21, and in my first college ceramics class. I loved that class!! I made pots day and night even when I completed more than enough pottery for the requirements. I had such dried out wrinkled hands that they never really looked my age. It was a great time.

I also like to find an older person who will allow themself to be photographed, to really catch the wisdom that some people grow to express in their faces, or sometimes emotions less pleasant than wisdom. I guess it comes from growing up as a kid in a house between my grandmother's house and my greatgrandmother's house. ONe of them had food (peanut butter and jelly) and the other had ponies. The older people I had the privilege of knowing were so.........contented.

I wish I had realized that then, and talked to them more about their lives..

So, anyway, wrinkled hands, do show -- you have -- reached out.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 12:10 am
Zincwhite, Smile Now you have more reason not to fear growing old. It ain't for sissies, as they say, but it's really nice if you're mentally prepared for it.
0 Replies