What's so great about America

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:47 am
CoastalRat
I in no way labeled you or anyone else. Nor do I intend to defend anyone that does including that angry fellow pistof. I was just by referencing that link attempting to show how rediculous it is IMO to believe that the bible was written by anyone other than man.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:54 am
Ah, but which man?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:08 am
Steve, i'm so ashamed of you . . . you know very well about the injunction against joining the mad dogs in the mid-day sun . . .

You get inside this minute, young man, you'll put your eye out ! ! !
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:24 am
Ah'm in now bossa
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:46 am
Have a bit of a lie down, and a cuppa, and i'm sure you'll soon be as right as . . . well, as right as we can expect from the benighted denizens of Merry Old . . .

' Case i don't see ya again, have a good weekend, Boss . . .
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:47 am
Steve (as 41oo)
Either the Man in the moon or the Boogey man. Take your pick. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 11:28 am
Well that's terribly nice of you old bean. Sun still beating down, time for tiffin. One can get awfully nostalgic for Kashmir on days like this. TTFN
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:52 pm
Good to see you Steve, sun beating down hereabouts too today.

Comment on Set's forgoing: that's right, and BTW it is difficult for us Brits to tell the difference between the "two main" political parties in the USA.

For what that's worth.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:55 pm
It's worth as much on this side of the pond, Boss, i often can't tell them apart myself. Sometimes, and no hyperbole involved, it is truly a nightmare to decide how to vote when one goes to the polls--ive gotten in the habit of writing down the names, since party affiliation is meaningless.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 06:20 pm
au1929 wrote:
CoastalRat
I in no way labeled you or anyone else. Nor do I intend to defend anyone that does including that angry fellow pistof. I was just by referencing that link attempting to show how rediculous it is IMO to believe that the bible was written by anyone other than man.

Oh, I don't think you were labeling me or anyone AU. I realize a lot of people believe it is ridiculous to believe the Bible was written by anyone other than man. And I certainly can understand that. Technically, I also believe the Bible was written by man, as inspired by God. But that is better left for another forum. Smile

My exception comes strictly with Pistoff for complaining earlier about someone putting a label on him yet he has repeatedly put labels on others and I cited a quote from the religion forum to back it up. I have no problem with people who believe differently than I do. That is your right and thank God in this country we have the right to express those beliefs. But I have a little bit of a problem with hypocrisy, which is what Pistoff is practicing when he feels he can label others while getting mad when someone else labels him.

I have not beef with you unless you decide to call me names and not let me call you names back. :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 06:47 pm
That's so true; I'd vote for a repub or a demo depending on the candidates prospective initiatives to improve the current problems at hand. Kerry's idea of engaging the UN is good, but how? Does he really think he can get Russia, France, and Germany to agree with anything he proposes? I'm not sold that he can.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 06:56 pm
CoastalRat wrote:

My political party quote was made to lighten things a bit. I would be all for having several other "major" political parties in this country. I like choices. Although I am a registered republican, it does not mean I may like the republican candidate that is put forth. But in most cases the democrat is so far from my political beliefs and with no other choices (particularly on a state level normally), I choose the lesser of what I believe to be 2 evils. Anyway, if I get the drift of your post Set, I did not mean to say there are no other political parties, it is just that most of the discussions center around the dems and repubs.

err, CoastalRat, are you serious in your belief that there is a major difference between the U.S. republicans and the U.S. democrats? You do realize that to most of the world, they look like one party - with tiny fringe elements.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 09:07 pm
The most current past two presidents prove that analogy; Clinton seemed more "conservative" than most past repubs, and Bush is spending money like a crazy man (outspending many democrats) while cutting taxes.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:06 am
C.I.
Quote:
Kerry's idea of engaging the UN is good, but how? Does he really think he can get Russia, France, and Germany to agree with anything he proposes? I'm not sold that he can.

We will never know unless you try which is what Kerry is suggesting. That is called diplomacy, something the Bush administration does not believe in. There diplomatic credo seems to be my way or the highway. We are now evidencing what that has brought us.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 09:55 am
au, What you say is true, but from articles I've read especially about Russia and France, I'm not sure what Kerry can offer that will make them change their minds about getting involved in Iraq. Rather the increasing the coalition during the past year, we have seen countries leaving it. Those are hard evidence that Iraq has too many ghosts. Hearing Kerry say he's going to get the security council involved is one thing; getting them involved is another. I don't see how he's gonna pull the rabbit out of his hat.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:19 pm
Hmmmmmm
Perhaps I expressed my POV in an incorrect manner. I will try again. I feel that anyone that believes that everything in the bible is true and that god directly transmitted the words to people for them to write and that god is actively involved in actions on this planet that he/she/it causes events to happen such as storms, quakes, floods, saves some people &/or allows others to suffer &or die, are not rational people.

Yeah, I know this should be on the "religion" forum. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 05:51 am
Re: Hmmmmmm
pistoff wrote:
Perhaps I expressed my POV in an incorrect manner. I will try again. I feel that anyone that believes that everything in the bible is true and that god directly transmitted the words to people for them to write and that god is actively involved in actions on this planet that he/she/it causes events to happen such as storms, quakes, floods, saves some people &/or allows others to suffer &or die, are not rational people.

Yeah, I know this should be on the "religion" forum. Rolling Eyes

Well, at least I am going up in the world. I've gone from being a mental case in your mind to being irrational. I guess that is a start. Laughing
0 Replies