Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:43 pm
Question sorry . i forgot to add this to my other post. how do u bake a potatoe with cheese and sour cream?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,697 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

JPB

Thu 15 Feb, 2007 03:54 pm
If you want to truly bake them then put them in a preheated 400 degree oven (wash and dry them first) for about an hour. Then take them out and let them rest while you cook the steak.

Split the potatoes the long way and push the short ends together gently to loosen the potato flesh from the skin. Add butter, grated cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions (scallions) or chives to the top. Or, have the toppings in separate bowls on the table and you can each make your own the way you like them.

GOOD Luck!
0 Replies

roger

Thu 15 Feb, 2007 04:06 pm
My choice is to completely bake the potato, cut the skin off the top, and remove the contents. Best to do it while fairly hot. Now, smash up the potato, add salt, pepper, butter, cheese, and whatever, and replace the whole mess in the potatoe skin. Bake again when you're ready for them. Now, you might sprinkle cheese, or something on top, if you want. These are called twice baked potatoes.

If you put in bacon bits, use the imitation. Real bacon sort of exfoliates and gets stringy.
0 Replies