Life's choices

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 12:29 pm
NH, Just for the heck of it, I went to Google and typed oldest judge. Surprise! There was a Judge Woodrough that was still practicing at the age of 104 when he died. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 03:41 pm
At first I thought that the best thing was my wife but, it wasn't my doing, it was a joint decision.

The worst thing: becoming a drunk after coming back from war. The best thing: I stopped being a drunk years ago.

Would I change anything? No. If I did, I wouldn't be in the [place I'm in now and this place is fairly comfortable. I've made a lot of mistakes. But there aren't a lot I made a second time. For me, that's what is important in life. Some mistakes are not mistakes until you look back. Then they are just bumps in the road.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 03:50 pm
morganwood, I'm probably talking through my head, but I truly believe that without some bumps in our life, we wouldn't know how to appreciate to the max the best there is. c.i.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 04:00 pm
CI:

They need to set limits for the age of the judges. Over 70 and they need to retire and give the next generation a chance.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 04:09 pm
NH, I can agree with that, but I'm in no position to influence the age of our judges or representatives in government. c.i. Wink
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 09:46 pm
Time to revive an old topic...
I wouldn't change anything. The only regrets I have I have learned from. If I changed my past so that the events didn't happen, I would easily do the same things later in life. A lesson learned keeps us from repeating mistakes and happened for a damn good reason. It's better to be dangerous while you are still resilient than face hazards in old age.

As for people continuing to work when they don't have to: some people genuinely love to work, others are absolutely afraid of change.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:01 am
Individual, Glad you revived this forum. I read everything again, and agree it's worth a reread by everybody that participated, and for new people to post their opinion. Thanks, and Happy New Year! c.i.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:06 am
individual wrote : " As for people continuing to work when they don't have to: some people genuinely love to work, others are absolutely afraid of change ". ...........i don't have a problem with that - love to work, but in many cases (politicians, but not only politicians !) it's the worry about having to give up power and prestige that keeps them in the saddle, even when they can barely hold on. i firmly believe that younger people are entitled to work and move up. it really gets me when some old codger thinks that he must stand in the way of progress and block others. people above (let's say) age 70 should be allowed to give all the free and unsolicited advice WITHOUT PAY, but they should leave the workforce or we'll have a lot of unhappy joung people out there ... and when they get real unhappy - watch out. hbg canada now has a new prime minister who just turned 65 ! in an interview for new year he stated that he hopes to serve at least two terms - about 6-8 years --- give me a break ! a good joke is circulating here in canada : the new prime minister should move into a seniors' residence, there'll be bingo twice a week and he can hold the cabinet meetings in the common room ! that's a good one !
0 Replies