Atheism has the same logical flaws as religion

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:40 pm
One way is to hit the button marked "quote."

The other is to use UBB code:

Quote:
. . . followed, with no space after the close bracket, by the passage you wish to quote . . .
. . . with no space between the end of the quoted passage and the open bracket.

To put a name in the quote, type:
Name you wish to quote wrote:
. . . etc.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:41 pm
Well, i'll be damned if i have any inclination to answer questions in posts which are deleted before i finish my response. Have big fun at this site, HR.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:44 pm
Hank Rearden wrote:
Using some logic you should "know" absolutely nothing.

This sounds like something I might have said. Let me explain.

It was once said that we can be certain only of our own ignorance.

The reasoning behind this is really absract philosophy and it is sound (even if not practical).

So yes, we can "know" (i.e. be certain of) nothing.

The point is that certainty is impossible. But for the sake of practicality we must operate on probability.
0 Replies

Hank Rearden

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:47 pm
sorry about that setanta , i thought maybe there would be a better place to find that out after i posted it
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:49 pm
No problem, Boss, just a minor case of pique on my part, something which i will survive. I do sincerely hope you enjoy your visits to this site.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:54 pm
Here's a little tutorial for you. Personally, i always use the UBB code in the "quick reply" window, although you might find it easier to use the "post reply" button, because that will bring up a window with aids for you.

I want this text to be in italics.

I want this text to be boldfaced.

I want this text to be underlined.

I want this text to be red

I want this text to be large.

I'm going to hit the "preview" button before posting this, so that i can mark the box entitled "Disable BBCode in this post." That way, you can see the code i've used. Then i will repost this so that you can see how it works.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:54 pm
Here's a little tutorial for you. Personally, i always use the UBB code in the "quick reply" window, although you might find it easier to use the "post reply" button, because that will bring up a window with aids for you.

I want this text to be in italics.

I want this text to be boldfaced.

I want this text to be underlined.

I want this text to be red

I want this text to be large.

I'm going to hit the "preview" button before posting this, so that i can mark the box entitled "Disable BBCode in this post." That way, you can see the code i've used. Then i will repost this so that you can see how it works.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 01:57 pm
Her's our BBcode tutorial:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/faq.php?mode=bbcode
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 02:00 pm
Quoting others can be a little more difficult. The easy way is simply to hit the "quote" button above the text you want to quote. It is also possible to do this by typing in the code:

Suppose, in a very long post, Craven writes: "All dogs go to heaven," and i wish to dispute that based on Revelations.

I could hit the quote button above his post, and put the entire long post out there just to dispute that contention. I could hit the quote button, and then delete the text in which i am not interested.

Or, i could use the code, which will also allow me to change how Craven's name appears in the quoted portion. I'll prepare two more posts to show you how this works.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 02:01 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
All dogs go to heaven

Or, if i wish to change the name:

Craven wrote:
All dogs go to heaven

I've disabled the UBB code so you can see how this works.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 02:03 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
All dogs go to heaven

Or, if i wish to change the name:

Craven wrote:
All dogs go to heaven

I've typed this in the quick reply window, so that the UBB code is enabled, so you can see the result.

I've also seen Craven's link, and he's right that i shouldn't burden this thread with an ad hoc tutorial.
0 Replies