"INSTANT ON" WATER HEATERS

farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:24 am
Thomas. The instant -on systems arent "always -on" They just heat the water as the demand picks up. Does your night time heater have a large insulated storage tank for hot water?

Id use gas because Ive got a huge buried propane tank for the farm and its on a budget system so I have my years gas at a single price (This year, because it was mild, we lost the bet by paying budget but WTH it isnt a huge difference.

We live in an area thats powered up by hydroelectric power (plus 3 nukes in the river basin). So the 4 dams have these large pump storage lakes that they pump water up a mountain when its off-peak. No worry about stoking the furnaces, or pulling the rods.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:44 am
farmerman wrote:
Thomas. The instant -on systems arent "always -on" They just heat the water as the demand picks up.

Sorry, I mixed up the names.

farmerman wrote:
Does your night time heater have a large insulated storage tank for hot water?

Yes it does. The energy saving comes from using "surplus energy" that the power plants produce anyway. It doesn't come from heating only water that's needed.

If you're heating with gas in any case, your solution looks pretty good.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 10:27 am
BBB
My son plans to install instant water heaters in my home so this is good informatiion for me.

BBB
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 03:47 pm
do you know what make and what capacity you are going to get?. My gas company reccomends a Noritz "heavy use" heater. Wed need an 8 .5 gpm system . We could take 2 simultaneous showers and do a load of dishes at the same time. The largets unit, 13.4 gpm, seems like its a bit overkill because most of our water use at the farm is cold for stock watering etc.
ever hear of Noritz? they have website that is their name.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 08:17 pm
Found a plumber and heating contractor trained to install and maintain the "Instant ON" water heaters. He stated that the Noritz systems are made in China. I shudder because the quality of their workmanship has not impressed me in auto replacement parts and things like toxic toys and adulterated food. (Not to mention Tibet)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 09:19 pm
FM,

At those flow rates you mentioned, what are the output temps?
0 Replies