Learning habits

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 01:00 pm
Coberst.

Thank you. And as Frank says, you did indeed handle that well.

By the way, I've done some checking and found some titles of books I think I'll read, and it's only fair to say that this is due to your activites on this forum that I bothered to do so.

The books are:
Death and Denial: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on the Legacy of Ernest Becker
And
The Ernest Becker Reader (UWP 2005) selected, edited and introduced by Daniel Liechty.

But this doesn't mean I'll stop coming down on you like a hammer whenever you make an outrageous statement :wink:
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 03:14 am
Cyracuz

The intent of almost all of my posts are to arouse the readers interest sufficiently that they will go to the books. Thank God for one success.

I look forward to your opinion after you have studied Becker. I almost never get to carry on a discussion with anyone who has spent any time reading the things I read. In fact I think it is considered by most young people that to read my recommendations is to be uncool.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 09:11 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Coberst.

Thank you. And as Frank says, you did indeed handle that well.

Now we're handing out kudos to people who answer direct questions? That's certainly setting the bar pretty low.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 10:52 am
Maybe so. But to someone who has been so reluctant to give straight answers until now this is certainly a big leap.
0 Replies