Atheists, smarter than religious people

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 02:13 pm
@dadman,
Tell us what your knowledge of god is?

What does he look like? Does he have a penis? Who created god? Was something created from nothing? How did that happen?
Cyracuz

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 02:45 pm
@spendius,
No, spendius.
Christianity is a tradition of morality and good values.
But it is also a political power and a greedy war machine, with god at it's head.
One apsect is religion, the other isn't.

Even Jesus said that a church was unneccesary; it is only a totality if a parasite is indistinguishable from it's host.
spendius

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 03:18 pm
@Cyracuz,
But it needs the temporal power to bring the nobility, morality and good values into being because of the recalcitrant nature of human beings in complex social structures. Human beings are not noble, moral and good by their very nature. It is a long term project and there are many pointers that it is moving in the direction you want it to. As yet, we cannot afford us all to be noble, moral and good.

By destroying the Church you would need guidance from elsewhere on how to be noble, moral and good. To whom would you turn. Jean Jacques Rousseau? And it has the strictest meritocracy outside of the Olympic Games. No nepotism there. And no starting pistol and finishing tape.

Jesus said, "Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church"
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 03:32 pm
@Cyracuz,
Did Jesus say this? Even Jesus said that a church was unneccesary; it is only a totality if a parasite is indistinguishable from it's host. If so where?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:10 pm
@spendius,
That's the reason most civilized countries have laws where all are treated equally.
spendius

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well rl-- Dylan said "Show me someone who's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him."

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's the reason most civilized countries have laws where all are treated equally.

Dream on ci. Only the Church treats people equally. That's why the Pope washes the feet of beggars once a year.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 05:51 pm
@spendius,
Many church members also commit crimes. Washing of feet is nothing compared to rape and molestation of children.
HexHammer

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 09:47 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:
Maybe it's you who are overly sensetive?

I do not mean to be rude to you Hex, but during my brief interaction with you here on a2k I have gotten the impression that you tend to express yourself with a type of language that emphasises the adversity of the discussion rather than the subject of it. You are from Denmark, ye? If so, our native languages are very similar. I have observed regarding norwegian and english that certain ways of expressing yourself in norwegian can sound extremely arrogant when directly translated to english, and vice versa. (Can't think of an example though :/ )

In discussion, adversity is a means to an end. Productive discussion can only be made between people who understand that disagreement is a good chance to learn something that you can't learn on your own. The goal isn't victory, but mutual gain.
So now you know my reason for participating. I love a good challenge. But if I am not prepared for the eventuality that my take on something is wrong, all discussion is just a waste of time and energy.

In my opinion Wink
If someone begins to babble about being abducted by little green aliens, the abudction dicussion has no interest to me, but I rather give a good advice to the abductee to have his/her head checked. It's a really bad habbit of mine, but I'v have had a job as a quality manager and logistics for too long.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 04:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Many church members also commit crimes. Washing of feet is nothing compared to rape and molestation of children.

You really are thick ci. The washing of beggar's feet by the Pope is a ceremony. It symbolises the equal treatment of every person in the eyes of the Church. It is undertaken as a ceremony in public by the head of the Church as a declaration that for the Church each individual is of equal value. It is an ideal. It may not be fulfilled in practice by members of the Church.

Such a ceremony has nothing to do with what individuals do despite media hunting them down and presenting them to a drooling public which loves to read certain words and repeat them for whatever reason. It is self evident that such individuals are only posing as members of the Church. And their actions are secretive. The ablutions of the beggar's feet is televised.

If you can't see the difference between an action performed in public on a set date by the head of the Church and the rare criminal actions of deranged individuals you have looped the loop. It is as stupid as saying that the pastor (so called) who is threatening to burn a Koran on Sept. 11 represents America's official position or that atrocities committed by US troops are approved by the Pentagon.

When militant Islamic radicals claim that that is the case in order to exploit such transgressions and inflame their public they are doing exactly the same thing you have done in the statement of your's quoted at the top of this post. And, indeed, the comparison with the mentality of militant Islamic radicals to those who also use the cheap trick you have used holds good as well.

This is all so obvious and elementary that I can only think that the focus on these isolated deranged and criminal actions, and the insulting pretence that they are representitive of the Church, America and the Pentagon, serves another psychological function for those who enjoy keeping the concepts involved in them in the forefront of their consciousness. To be blunt--they enjoy thinking, talking and writing about the matters concerned. They certainly have no point to make in a debate. It is a confession of their obsessions and not in the least "smart".

Does Mr Madoff symbolise that everybody in America is out to steal everybody else's life savings? You're off your head ci.
HexHammer

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 04:37 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

You really are thick ci. The washing of beggar's feet by the Pope is a ceremony.
What excatly has washing of feets to do with the rest of the protestant members? ..nothing? Just because some weird rules speaks of equallity isn't the same as being enforced well. You should know better than this.
spendius

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 04:44 am
@HexHammer,
Yeah--and you should know better than blurting out inane stupidities before you have read my post properly.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 10:10 am
@spendius,
Simplistic examples of what a pope does that shows humility is not representative of the church as a whole. If you don't understand this, you are dumber than a rock. The pope knew what was going on in the catholic churches around the world, but with this knowledge did nothing but "hide" those offending priests, and paid victims money.

The pope's washing to feet is a sham.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 10:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Tell us what your knowledge of god is?

What does he look like? Does he have a penis? Who created god? Was something created from nothing? How did that happen?

You do realize how foolish those question are. Don't you?
Cyracuz

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 10:28 am
@reasoning logic,
Haha, no, Jesus didn't say that at all. Jesus said that the church was superfluous in a man's relationship to god. The rest is not Jesus, just me ranting, and a ; isn't enough to clarify the transition. Sorry for the mistake.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 10:43 am
@Intrepid,
It's only "foolish," because you're unable to provide any answers.
HexHammer

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 10:58 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Yeah--and you should know better than blurting out inane stupidities before you have read my post properly.
You speak of the chuch treating people equally ..since when? Is preforming a simple ceremony treating people equally? ..no?

I wrote nothing offensive in my post that should have provoked such anger, which only shows that you can't argue in a sensible manner, nor that you have any rationallity.
spendius

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 11:22 am
@HexHammer,
I was not in the least angry Hex. If your friends have to tip-toe around you wearing kid-gloves in case you take offence it is a matter for you.

Again you have failed to read my post. I said--oh--why bother? It's up above.

You obviously do not understand the nature of ceremonies. When Mr Obama stood at the microphones with the world's cameras trained on him as he said he would be standing shoulder to shoulder with the good people of Louisiana--that was a ceremony. They work in moving quanta of mental states a tiny bit at a time. The fact that they are repeated at regular intervals implies that the message is continually fading as it runs counter to human nature. Like flu jabs.
HexHammer

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 01:02 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I was not in the least angry Hex. If your friends have to tip-toe around you wearing kid-gloves in case you take offence it is a matter for you.

Again you have failed to read my post. I said--oh--why bother? It's up above.

You obviously do not understand the nature of ceremonies. When Mr Obama stood at the microphones with the world's cameras trained on him as he said he would be standing shoulder to shoulder with the good people of Louisiana--that was a ceremony. They work in moving quanta of mental states a tiny bit at a time. The fact that they are repeated at regular intervals implies that the message is continually fading as it runs counter to human nature. Like flu jabs.

If you speak like that casually, then you might be a bit psycotic, but no matter.

Group think people and rational poeple will preceive things differently, Imo you are clearly group think, displaying typically group think behaviour in attacking people outside group think values.
spendius

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 01:24 pm
@HexHammer,
I probably am a bit psychotic. I gather we all are "a bit". It certainly is of no matter. You might be assured of that. I trust you're not making the claim to suggest you are completely free of the condition and, as such, someone to take notice of.

Why don't you **** off with that ****. It has no effect where I circulate. Say I am or am not. The bit bit is a fanny artist at work.

Quote:
Group think people and rational poeple will preceive things differently, Imo you are clearly group think, displaying typically group think behaviour in attacking people outside group think values.

Can't you try to say something. These social worker concepts are meaningless.

Why is group think group think? What's the difference between group think and rational think? Is it that you imagine yourself rational and the rest of us group thinkers are dumb clucks? What's your position on whether the train departs when it says in the timetable it does. Do rational thinkers take a chance on how the drivers feeling? Group think is that it should depart when the timetable says so. What's your objection?