RainSoft Amazon Q System

Garebo

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 02:57 pm
I am new to here but just like everyone else, I have landed here while looking for suggestions on fixing my system. I have read allot of the threads here about RainSoft systems and H2O_Man's replies. I must say that this man really knows his stuff. Anyway, I found my system "stuck" in between cycles. It was reading 2 and 0 when I found it. I could hear the motor running and pulled the back cover off to see that it is turning but the white dials are stuck. Does this mean I have sheared a pin or stuck piston? If so then how hard is that to change and where do you get the parts? I have shut the system off so the motor won't burn up. I thought I remembered H2O man say that this system was now obsolete. Crying or Very sad Hopefully parts are still available. Thanks in advance. Garry
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 850 • Replies: 1
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 03:23 pm
Re: RainSoft Amazon Q System
Garebo wrote:
I am new to here but just like everyone else, I have landed here while looking for suggestions on fixing my system. I have read allot of the threads here about RainSoft systems and H2O_Man's replies. I must say that this man really knows his stuff. Anyway, I found my system "stuck" in between cycles. It was reading 2 and 0 when I found it. I could hear the motor running and pulled the back cover off to see that it is turning but the white dials are stuck. Does this mean I have sheared a pin or stuck piston? If so then how hard is that to change and where do you get the parts? I have shut the system off so the motor won't burn up. I thought I remembered H2O man say that this system was now obsolete. Crying or Very sad Hopefully parts are still available. Thanks in advance. Garry

I could hear the motor running and pulled the back cover off to see that it is turning but the white dials are stuck. Does this mean I have sheared a pin or stuck piston?

Both. The piston needs to be pulled and new O rings installed before you repair the sheared pin.

If the readout is unchanged, the board may be toast. You can try to reset your computer but you will need to re-enter all of your settings...
Unplug the unit and remove the 9v battery, let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Install a fresh 9v and plug the unit in. The alarm should sound, press quiet alarm and re-enter you specific information.

Yes, the Q and ALL BRASS RainSoft valves are obsolete.

HTH ~
0 Replies