WHO POSTED THIS FOR THE PUREST, p.1

margo

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 09:10 pm
I'm in!

Great game - but a lot of work for you, Mapleleaf!

I'm happy either way! - and I actually got one right! Yay!!!!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 03:07 am
Hmmmmm.....that's three people.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 05:59 am
Ditto..........
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:08 am
I check this game out often but I am usually at a loss to identify a quote.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 11:55 am
THis is a brilliant game-how about adevrtising it on the internet ?

( sorry i'm just silly sometimes tee hee)

Or maybe Craven can exhibit it on the home page when we log on ?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 01:20 pm
We're up to five, sort of, need ten.....going....going....going......
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 02:07 pm
Hmmm, am I on that list? I'd like to be!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 02:55 pm
Mapleleaf
Don't just think that because people don't post that they are not watching the thread. At this point there are 847 looks - that's not just the six or so of us checking 140 times each. More are checking the thread than appear to be participating! Perhaps they just haven't identified anyone yet - but check each day in the hope that, soon, they too will be famous......

or something
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 04:22 pm
Good point Margo....one of my reasons for this concept was to create an opportunity for viewers to note the words and personalities of other members, perhaps crossing tracks with someone who is involved in other topics.

I BELIEVE WE NEED TO RESPOND TO ACQUIUNK. MANY OF THE ACTIVE GAME PLAYERS ARE VOLUNTEERS WHO HAVE A VAST KNOWLEDGE OF THE MEMBERS. SURELY, IT IS EASIER FOR YOU. THEN THERE IS SETANTA AND OTHERS WHO HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC TYPE MEMORIES. I AM NEITHER.

FOR THOSE WITHOUT THE GIFT OF MEMORY OR THE IMMENSE NUMBER OF HOURS OF POSTING, WHAT CAN THEY DO; ESPECIALLY, SINCE I HAVE ASKED THEM TO NOT USE THE QUERY?

*When I say query, I mean inserting the sentence or key words from the quote. The member can find the author within a minute or two. Once learned, there is little skill involved. However, I have no problem with inserting the name of a suspected author.

*Sometimes, authors may come from the same membership page as the most recent author.

*The quote often speaks to the title of the thread. If it is a political statement, then check the political forum. Key words in the quotes may suggest a topic or thread title.

IF ACTIVE MEMBERS WOULD ADD SOME OTHER HINTS, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:57 pm
I will drop WHO POSTED THIS for the time being. Thank-you for your participation.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 09:27 pm
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 02:52 am
Yeah !! Major WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 10:23 am
SniffÂ….hands in his pockets Aquiunk slowly walks away disconsolately kicking the odd pebble.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 10:25 am
I never did figure out what 'query' was.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 04:57 pm
That's doing a search....in our case, it dealt with using a line or key words of the quote; which, in most cases gives one the immediate answer. I had wanted members to use their brains, their knowledge of A2K and the inadvertent mistakes by Mapleleaf to figure out the author of the quote. There are a lot of ways to figure out the name of the author.

By the way, we are up to 7 members who are interested...that's seven out of the required ten (my criteria).
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 11:08 am
Mapleleaf, Raggedyaggie told me in a message that when you post the game she will be guessing, so that is 8 , huh?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 11:30 am
Yes, that is eight.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 03:49 am
Butterfield 8, lets go for an irish bakers dozen of 10, come on people !
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:22 am
hiama,
Is that your pic in the avatar?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 03:50 am
It was-removed due to copyright and bad taste violation, I'm an ugly bugger, though it was 6 years ago and everything improves with age, well wine does anyway !
0 Replies