WHO POSTED THIS FOR THE PUREST, p.1

jackie

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 06:07 pm
Mapleleaf, I do not KNOW what is A2K query. There is a way to get info here????
You keep talking about NOT using it...I'd like to know what and where??? Smile
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 06:16 pm
Quote:
Itd be cool to use additional quotes instead of clues, to help ... but it'd also be more work for Mapleleaf, I think ;-)
If I continue to honor Jes/Craven's request to get the author's approval.....yes. But, I must admit several members were impressed/pleased to have been asked for their permission. In addition, 20+ DID NOT GIVE ME PERMISSION. So, when one prepares something for those 16-70 plus years-old, many being professionals, plus numerous word masters, a few 160+ IQ folks, etc...etc...etc, it is too hard/easy for all except the thumb print in the middle. In spite of that, I do have a lot of time and I believe in modifying the activity/game according to the comments of the members.

WHO POSTED THIS FOR THE PUREST came about because one member mentioned how the query cut down the response time to two minutes or less. As I just read nimh's post, I remembered a few members approved my use of any of their posts. I will have to revisit the 100 approval Emails, but I believe that concept has merit. And maybe, some member will now purposely give me permission to use any or all of their quotes. Smile

Oh, I forgot. Clue:
Quote:
I'm Zoned Out
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 06:55 pm
Just guessing ( based on the 'zoned out' clue)

DIANE
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 07:05 pm
Nope!

Clue:

Quote:
~ I sit back unknown just Me and my thoughts alone
Zoning into an enchantment of Tranquility
As I recalculate my feelings and enhance their durability
Starting to trance in natural high , staring at the sky
Mesmerized by each and every cloud that goes by ~
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 07:57 pm
Some members are giving me permission to use any of their posts as quotes.

Some members are sending me a collection of their favorite quotes. Each quote should include a link to the page/thread.

Quote:
Clue:
~ The only thing I pray for now is that it doesn't rain
Laying in long grass , a slight breeze seeps into my veins
Giving my heart a more arithmetic flow
As I Listen to natures knowledge as it comes and as it goes ~
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 08:45 pm
Clue:

Quote:
~ Still staring and the sky , I vision birds flying in flocks
Feeling engulfed in comfort , I hear the water hitting the rocks
Creating a beat so beautiful I can pour feelings out with ease
I start flowing, rhyming to the rhythm of the seas
As the breeze continues to sweep away my pain
I cant explain how I feel but trust me I can't complain ~
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 09:18 pm
<I wish someone would guess>this, it is driving me NUTS>

GNASH Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 10:18 pm
Clue: Lives in California
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 03:44 am
Clue: MET
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 08:30 am
Clue: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ o _ _ _ _ _
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 09:34 am
DalTHeJigsaw23 -yep that'll be it
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 09:58 am
No......

Clue: _ _ _ _ e _ _ _ _ o _ _ _ _ _
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 10:44 am
MisterEThoughts Very Happy
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 02:06 pm
Looks good to me......... THE CORRECT ANSWER IS MISTERETHOUGHTS.

No. 8 of 10....................WHO POSTED THIS?

The first quote:

Quote:
I was watching the news, and they were saying massive crowds were involved. There could have been 75-150 people on the screen ... maybe! Somehow I don't just see that as massive, but that's just me! I love the media spin on this war! However, I must say that I do think they are happy to have us there. The only ones that are unhappy are the ones who led the priviledged life under Saddam!!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 03:24 pm
The second quote (same person):

Quote:
Hi! I believe the point of busing was integration, not necessarily the improvement of education. As a youth, I grew up in upper middle class America. No Blacks, no Hispanics, just pure white wondefulness with great schools and plenty of everything. So I was never affected by busing.

I do know, that after I got older, and saw the crap schools that people of color attended, and the crap neighborhoods they lived in, and the crap they had to put up with whites, I had to question myself. I was stunned by the total unfairness of how the whites got the best of everything, while the blacks got crap no matter how hard they tried, or how hard they worked. I think busing was an attempt to level the playing field some, and I endorse the concept of leveling the playing field.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 07:05 pm
3rd set of quotes (same person):

Quote:
A bill pending in the Oregon Legislature would allow illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition as long as they graduate from an Oregon high school, have lived at least three consecutive years in the state and show they are in the process of getting legal residency.

Quote:
That isn't exactly like they shipping them in from Mexico City by the busload to get an education. These requirements are that they graduate from a state high school, and have three years consecutive residency, and be working towards citizenship. I moved from Kansas City, Mo. to California in 1964, and was required to pay out of state tuition for the first year, but after that was elgible for in-state fees. You're hanging your hat on the fact they are illegal. My point is that, illegal or not, they are certainly more of a state resident than I was after my first year! At least they had been there three years, and graduated from a state H.S. I can't imagine anyone refusing a child an education. It doesn't make sense, and it doesn't say much for ones humanity to refuse a child a chance. We are all immigrants ... all of us! Some of us have just been here longer than others. My family migrated here in 1656-1659 ... Frankly, I think we should have shut the borders in 1660, but alas, we didn't.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 08:09 pm
Is anyone out there following this?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 09:38 pm
I am! And some of the quotes are familiar, but I can't quite place this person...
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 09:41 pm
It's Saturday, Mapleleaf, we all have to sweep, clean, dust, and take a bath. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have been reading every clue. I know I read some of these posts, but I read SO MANY, I can only guess...
It sounds a little bit like Blatham...
but then, it sounds more female...

(and BLATHAM surely isn't female.) Smile
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2003 09:55 pm
4th quote:

Quote:
Sounds like Bush is screwing his constituents as well as everyone else. Not only is he stealing Social Security funds to wage war, pay off cronies, and enrich his family ... he's giving it to people who didn't earn or pay it!!

That's the conservative's hero, working for them night and day!!

How appropriate!! What else does it takes to make you guys see he's a psychotic liar and schmuck ??

Oh well, he WAS landed on an Aircraft Carrier less than a mile offshore with "George W. Bush, Commander in Chief" stenciled on the side of the plane. He's a real war hero! "TOP GUN" according to the conservatives ... so what if he DOES $345 Billion to the Mexicans??? He's a war hero!!

Be sure and vote for him in 2004!

Twisted Evil
0 Replies