WHO POSTED THIS FOR THE PUREST, p.1

margo

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 12:54 am
Setanta???
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 01:42 am
No darling, this member has fewer letters to name his frame.

5th quote:
Quote:
So, in other words, with 60% of the population, the shiites would have no problem at all installing an Islamic Theocracy.

If you look back at the Iraqi history, you'll see we installed the Baath Party, which gave birth to the Saddam Dictatorship.

You see, we keep liberating, installing Governments, and then later have to go correct our error ... Do you see any problem with that??
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 01:53 am
Anon?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 01:58 am
God - i have read most of these quotes, but i do not know whose they are!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 05:48 am
ANON IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

No. 9 of 10..................WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
I may be sticking my neck out at this time and accused of being unpatriotic, but here goes:

Some very unkind people might consider that Bush is among the most fortunate people on earth, whose greatest friends and allies are terrorists and terrorism and yet the terrorists never seem to win!

Each and every major act of terrorism around the world, since his legal friends gave him the White House, is being used by the Bush Administration to further their personal political objectives and the profits of their largest financial backers - weapons manufacturers and oil companies.

The terrible attack of 9/11, as it was certain to do, rescued an unpopular President and made him popular, united the nation behind him, gave him overwhelming public and international support for his long-planned invasion of Afghanistan, allowed him to justify his 'War On Terrorism' in turn enabling him to proclaim any mineral-rich nation he wished as a supporter of terrorism and gave him some domestic and overseas support for his next pre-election invasion target, oil-rich Iraq. So who benefitted other than the Bush Administration and friends? Certainly not bin Laden or even Saddam Hussein.

Then, just when it was most needed, along came the Bali bomb, which was guaranteed only to assist Bush further by bringing Australia and others on board his invasion train, but once again did nothing for the terrorists.

So what happens when there are no terrorist atrocities to assist them? They keep the public with them by raising the subject as frequently as possible on TV and issuing an endless stream of terrifying threats about nuclear, chemical and biological weapons far beyond the interests or ability of any average terrorist or nation to obtain or produce, due to the dangers and fear of American retaliation.

At the same time, the Administration arrange the arrest, at home and overseas, of a continuous series of likely suspects in a blaze of publicity and put them into concentration camps outside American jurisdiction to serve life-sentences, where they can deny nothing or may even be persuaded to make false confessions. Then there are the invasions ....

Actions certain to anger and encourage any would-be terrorists into fresh atrocities.

It is human nature that people always unite behind and vote for their governments in times of crisis, so by keeping the nation in this permanent state, Bush can only win, whilst his political opponents and terrorists are the certain losers!

Some might conclude that there are some extremely clever people in high places?

AVOIDING THE USE OF THE QUERY, DOES NOT MEAN YOU AVOID THE OTHER ITEMS AT YOUR DISPOSAL. FOR EXAMPLE, YOU MAY SURMISE THE INDIVIDUAL IS DISCUSSING A THREAD FROM THE POLITICAL FORUM. BY ALL MEANS, CHECK THE LIST OF SUCH INTERACTIONS AND LOOK FOR KEY WORDS....WHATEVER.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 01:18 pm
Member Description:
Quote:
Suave, charming, sophisticated, handsome,
intelligent ...... and incredibly modest.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 04:06 pm
Washington
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 06:00 pm
Clue: Financial Strategist and (alleged) Humorist
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 06:47 pm
Ok Mapleleaf. You made it hard.

John Webb
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:58 pm
:wink: THE CORRECT ANSWER IS JOHN WEBB.

No. 10 of 10...............WHO POSTED THIS?

1st quote:
Quote:
Sounds like the old Buck Rogers serial. A three minute review of the previous episode (whatever that was), two minutes of programming, a minute's worth of preview, and twenty-four minutes of advertising.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 04:26 am
2nd......................
Quote:
You may think you're kidding, ____, but I've done it. Ironic Times is free and I get some laughs out of it, so i actually bought a stupid $15.00 coffee mug. It's thermal in that it gets nice and warm when you put hot coffee in it.
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 09:21 am
I love it Mapleleaf.

Always checked "you", feeling you would slip yourself IN somewhere, unawares.

the answer is, Mapleleaf!!!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 11:28 am
Nope! Not me.

3rd
Quote:
Boy, am I outdated. I can only comment in the most general terms.

Avoid:
Civil Affairs - Tedium combined with potential for nasty envronment
Combat Arms - Almost no control over personal time, little opportunity for self directed education, other objections too obvious to mention
Equipment Maintenance - Okay for some, no benefit for you
Anything with the word Engineering in the title - It isn't what it sounds like
Supply and Services - You can hear the tedium going from benign to malignant

Mixed feelings:
Signal Corps MOS's - Top schools with doubtful civilian opportunities, highest security clearances in the military, and again, possibility of some crappy environments.

Fair to good:
Paralegal
Administration
Communication & Information Systems

Generally, you get into a broad field and don't have a lot of control of the actual specialty. Just get the experience behind you, don't lose sight of your personal goals, and get out with your self respect and carcass intact.
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 11:51 am
Well-
You made me work for it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

(I hoped it would be you)
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:00 pm
Now...

Unless I am wrong again, this sounds like a <ROGER> post,
from way back...!!!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 03:12 pm
I thought Roger, or perhaps Merry Andrew!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 05:04 pm
Oh my gosh, she did it, she really, really did it...........
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS ROGER.

THIS CONCLUDES THE PAGE 1 ACTIVITY.

While I prepare p.2, you might consider the following:

1. send me permission to use any of your postings.

2. select some quotes for me to use and PM them to me.

3. carry on a dialogue on this thread re what worked for you; what caused you to lose interest; some changes for me to consider.

4. disappear for a while.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 05:08 pm
Mapleleaf, which would you prefer? To have us pick & choose amongst our posts or to give you free rein? (Seems like the first choice would save you some time...)
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 07:32 pm
If we use quotes only as clues, it takes 4-5 quotes for a run/game. Yes, it would be easier for you to do it. If keep the game going for a month or more?????(sometimes a game should die), then it is easier to give me free rein. That way, I could go back to your quotes several times.

It goes back to whether the game should continue past page 2 or 3. IN FACT, IT WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR MEMBERS TO INDICATE WHETHER THEY INTEND TO REMAIN ACTIVE. Ten or more players would be sufficient
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 07:43 pm
I like the game, Mapleleaf. I really don't know who all likes to play,
have noticed 5 or 6 people since I have been 'guessing'.
But I wonder how many really checked out this feature. Maybe we should 'advertise"? Smile
0 Replies