Aaahhh! We need an emergency rendezvous point!

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 02:59 pm
er....?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 03:18 pm
I agree, Dys. He's ALMOST as weird as you. But then again, that's your strength.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 04:13 pm
littlek wrote:
er....?
I only get about half of what he's saying, too, and even that only half the time. But I'd still like to tip half a dozen or so beers with him and the Mrs. Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 05:15 pm
Never got my confirmation email, its not in my spam folder either.

Gonna try with another email address now - only sucky thing is that now I cant register as nimh anymore, because my aborted attempt 'occupied' the name. Ahah.

"Habibi" was still free tho :wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 02:14 pm
Guys, if A2K ever closes I'll send an email to the whole database and include alternative meeting points etc. It'd be a lot more efficient than trying to collect a few dozen emails for another mailing list.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 02:22 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Guys, if A2K ever closes I'll send an email to the whole database and include alternative meeting points etc. It'd be a lot more efficient than trying to collect a few dozen emails for another mailing list.

Thank you, Craven. I'm sure you are working your ass off to try to get the site back functioning normal...and we appreciate it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 02:24 pm
If it CLOSES, but what's being talked about here is just connecting while there's an outage like the one from a couple of days ago (which hopefully won't happen again, but might).

Agreed about mailing lists, this is what I made as an off-A2K meeting point if there's an outage:

http://sitekreator.com/rendezvous/index.html
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 02:39 pm
I have a suggestion for that one too. Why not just call me? I was not notified that A2K was offline except by email (all of which I read after I'd already brought it back online), and only noticed when I happened to visit the site.

(not that having a meeting point is not a bad idea, just mentioning that even the downtime has a more direct solution)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 07:00 pm
doh!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 07:07 pm
Sturgis wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
I have been doing a lot of posting over in the Google Groups...a fairly active place. For some reason, damn near everybody over there hates me already...and I've been conversing with them for less than a month.
Wait until they get to know you...

Frank Apisa wrote:
Mostly I have been having pleasant conversations with the atheists there...although with some of the conservatives also.
Broadening your horizons are you? So there are conservatives there, eh? I may have to look into it.

Frank Apisa wrote:
One thing I have noticed about the site is that the atheists and conservatives as a whole don't seem to have much of a sense of humor.

Twisted Evil

Perhaps you can change that...think of it as long term goal.

You know me, Sturgis...I don't give up easy!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 07:08 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I may learn to like or possibly even respect O'bill however, I will never omit it. He's just tooo freakin' weird.

Bill...when you get Dys calling you weird...you got problems!

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 08:21 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:

That is exactly what we needed to hear. You are the BEST!!!

I assume Jes has your phone number and can call you if it ever happens again. You haven't posted that info, have you? It seems kinda surreal that you didn't know the site went down. Wow. And I thought I was out of the loop! Laughing I feel so much better now.

Thank you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 05:00 am
Yes, I have his number. We chat every few months or so (I can't even recall why I didn't call this time, and I should have, rather than just sending an email, mea culpa). Craven has a very nice voice, actually. Smile
0 Replies