Aaahhh! We need an emergency rendezvous point!

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:11 pm
There are threads about how, way back when. But, geez, some have their own name as the starter for the email. None of our f'n business, unless agreed to. Invasive, period, unless you agree to it.

If mine is on some public site, that's too bad, but harm can only be exacerbated with people who know me as the obnoxious broad I am in the more particular, here.

Let's assume some looney hates me here, not hard to conject, and there have been some of those over time to some people, though luckily not me, yet -- at least one berserko in particular a few years ago to several female posters.

Courtesy in the asking, puh-leeze, folks.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:23 pm
By the way, I put that site together as a quick 'n' dirty solution to the immediate problem -- if someone wants to make a nicer site, or if there is one already that would work better, that's totally fine.

I noticed some real names among the people who have checked in already, your perogative but the idea is that this will be visible to anyone who ever visits A2K, so just want to be sure people keep that in mind when signing in. (I.e. even though it's a much smaller site, it won't necessarily be any less private than A2K.)

Along those lines, I mostly plan to do what I've done and then leave it, maybe some minor upgrading for functionality -- if it gets to be spammy or something like that, I might want to just get rid of it rather than putting the work necessary into keeping it clean and shiny. (Or can hand it off to someone who would like to do that work.)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:24 pm
I've signed up, but have not received a confirmation yet.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:25 pm
(any more, not any less... won't necessarily be any MORE private than A2K...)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:30 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I've signed up, but have not received a confirmation yet.

It takes a while.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:30 pm
Still no confirmation.....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:32 pm
You can also post as a guest anytime and just fill in your name. That's what I did.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:35 pm
littlek wrote:
Still no confirmation.....

It REALLY takes a while.

Lol!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:53 pm
I'm in! Thanks soz, for doing the work.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:57 pm
Yes, thanks Soz!

(SOMEBODY had the audacity to snap up my screen name before I got there. The NERVE!!! At any rate, I will be A2K_EVA over there. Don't let the imposter(s) fool you.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:13 pm
ummmm.... so I still don't have confirmation.... should I try again, forget about it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:17 pm
sozobe wrote:

Along those lines, I mostly plan to do what I've done and then leave it, maybe some minor upgrading for functionality -- if it gets to be spammy or something like that, I might want to just get rid of it rather than putting the work necessary into keeping it clean and shiny. (Or can hand it off to someone who would like to do that work.)

I'm happy to clean house from time to time if you like.

I'd be more likely just to delete than carefully record, though!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:22 pm
littlek wrote:
ummmm.... so I still don't have confirmation.... should I try again, forget about it?

What browser are you on 'k?

I couldn't get the registration thingy to work on Opera (which makes me suspect it wouldn't work on Firefox, possibly) but it was fine when I switched to IE.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:25 pm
I too can jump on the 'help ' team.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:29 pm
I'm on Firefox and it worked fine...

Maybe confirmation went to your spam folder, littlek?

Thanks for offers, guys, will see how it goes. If it seems to be a problem, I'd probably most want to hand over the whole thing to someone else, and have that person coordinate (because once there are multiple people helping there needs to be coordination, and that's its own kettle of fish).

I expect that the site will be used just now, to check in, and then if there is another outage (which of course might not even happen). Not for general chat/ hanging out kinda stuff.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:31 pm
Well, nermal just signed in. Too late for Roger Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:53 pm
I looked in spam..... I'm guessing hotmail is acting up again.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:02 pm
nobody emailed me during the outage......all these years and still not part of the inner circle.... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:05 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
nobody emailed me during the outage......all these years and still not part of the inner circle.... Crying or Very sad

Me either. But, I know BBB would have done it sooner or later.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:05 pm
Hey BPB, did you see this?

http://sitekreator.com/Rendezvous/index.html

I might post it every few pages as new people come in and don't have time to read the whole thing.

Made a few changes btw.
0 Replies