Aaahhh! We need an emergency rendezvous point!

Eva

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:21 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
nobody emailed me during the outage......all these years and still not part of the inner circle.... Crying or Very sad

I would never ignore you.
By the time I got your e-mail, the site was back up!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:27 pm
My membership cleared in the blink of an eye when I used my gmail account.

Perhaps we could post the link to the ALTsite in the first post on this thread and refer people there?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:28 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
osso,

if shwoof deleted her post before you replied, no one saw your e-mail address...

At least thirty people saw my email address, my main email address. I'll be trying to fix that.

I understand BBB has a lapsing monitor for privacy (nicest way I can put it) and has now learned about bcc'ing.

If I disappear for a few days, I'll be trying to work that out. Probably not until after tomorrow's games.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:22 pm
Great idea, Soz. A site to head to when A2K is down is muchos better than an email list doing the rounds.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:23 pm
Now waiting for the confirmation mail..
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:32 pm
Oh, and Osso's reaction may seem para to some, but it's not. When Abuzz was dying there was also a list with email addresses going round, also as a completely idealistic initiative of kind spirit, and it musta ended up with 100 people or 150, or more - and a few weeks later, suddenly, the email address that I'd provided, which had hardly ever gotten any spam at all, started receiving a positive deluge of it. It was so much that I ended up having to give up that address altogether.

Only need one bad apple, I guess. (And thats without going into the real-name thing - theres a reason many of us post here under aliases!)

But anyway, yeah - thats settled now anyhow. We all fugg up every once in a while, sure happens to me more than I care to remember... The 'back-up' website should be a great alternative.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:38 pm
As I remember, that list was voluntary.

Miz furball.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:46 pm
Yeah, but it was a lesson well learnt. I wouldnt put my email address on any list anymore now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:48 pm
Nods,

while I plan to look up freebe email sites tomorrow.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:08 pm
Osso, PM me if you need a gmail invite.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:19 pm
Eva wrote:
I am absolutely certain BBB meant no harm, but was simply trying to keep us all together. If I get a little more spam because of it, pfffft. (It would hardly be noticeable!)

Like most of us, I was sitting here passively, waiting for someone to do something. Kudos to BBB for taking action, be it perfect or not. At least it got us started on the right track. Soz's emergency rendesvous site was badly needed.

be it perfect or not, gaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!

Don't EVER give my email to anyone else, much less 30 people at once, without my ok.

Much as I really like all of you.

Still spitting tacks.

I'll probably be more sanguine on the morrow.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:23 pm
And furthermore, spitting more tacks...

this new site is a good idea as a comfort zone.

This was a relatively short outage and Craven has come along and reassured all.

Hysteria about a2k dying is waterworks rigged up.

Maybe I'll be sweeter tomorrow, as I intimated on the last crabby post.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:51 pm
I think gmail gives you the option of multiple addresses, and like yahoo, can be accessed from anywhere.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:01 am
ossobuco wrote:
Hysteria about a2k dying is waterworks rigged up.

Ha! You are so wrong. You're lucky you have me here to f*ck A2K back to life when she's on her way into the eternal darkness!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:05 am
Oh, the blessed brother Kikensius...

did you bring the wine?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:18 am
Kinda scary that Eva and Roger's names were stolen! Shocked A2K identity theft...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:24 am
cyphercat wrote:
Kinda scary that Eva and Roger's names were stolen! Shocked A2K identity theft...

Could it be that the host site considers all members to all its sites in one group? Then, the names might have been taken before this one one started. Looked at that way, the names would not be stolen at all.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:55 am
Eva too, huh? Glad to be in good company.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 12:57 am
Edgar, someone mentioned you early on, on one of these threads. I was busy being pissed and didn't memorize where your name cropped up...

but, you weren't forgotten.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 07:21 am
The other site doesn't seem very user friendly. I searched and searched and finally found "register." But, that actually gave me a confirmation e-mail that gave me a site of my own, rather than just registering for the one soz started.

Anyways, I then logged in to sozobe's site and was able to post.

As long as I'm in the loop... Yesterday was so scarey!
0 Replies