Pervs, all of 'em

nimh

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:41 pm
The Only Shaft Story You Need to Read

As the PGA Tour's Chad Campbell puts it, "When a shaft feels right, you just trust it."

Luke Donald: "I'm looking for the right penetrating trajectory. It should just feel solid."

Kenny Perry: "It's all about ball flight. If I get a shaft that's too stiff, the ball sort of balloons on me. I need a shaft that has a little kick to it, a little movement down there."

Jesper Parnevik: "I prefer a very stiff feel with a high flex point. I want the shaft to move all in one piece. Tiger's shaft to me feels like it's made out of rubber. But Vijay's driver is like a big cement pole."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,731 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 09:34 pm
oh god, you're just waiting for me to go off about my main man shaft again, aren't you?

solid.

right on.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 11:36 pm
Re: Pervs, all of 'em
Quote:
" Tiger's shaft to me feels like it's made out of rubber. But Vijay's driver is like a big cement pole."

What IS it with jocks?! I swear, it's like they don't even notice how their crazy-ass lingo sounds.

Whenever Mr Cypher is watching a game and I walk by, the announcer's always in the middle of saying something about shafts and penetration and how deep he got it and how he likes it and I don't know what all. I couldn't talk that dirty for the life of me...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 04:47 am
My shafts are of steel, but am thinking of switiching to graphite....

I don't like such shiny staffs....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:30 am
Re: Pervs, all of 'em
nimh wrote:
...Jesper Parnevik: "I prefer a very stiff feel with a high flex point. I want the shaft to move all in one piece. Tiger's shaft to me feels like it's made out of rubber. But Vijay's driver is like a big cement pole."

This is not me. Although I suppose I could've said it.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:42 am
I just KNOW that Chai is burning with desire right now and desperately wants to post a partiular image, but she feels some of the members would consider her cheap if she did so -- she has a certain cultivated image to maintain -- so I will take the liberty of posting the image for her...

http://home.twcny.rr.com/shaft/pictures/shaft71.gif
0 Replies